PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report out of Washington: Goodell's role to be reduced

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the way experienced management personnel go about their business. Goodell has proven to be unsuited and to be a failure, unlike Rozelle and Tabliabue before him.

First they emasculate Goodell, of some of his duties, rendering him less harmful, then they eliminate many of his key subordinates, and hence render him impotent, until he can choose to retire early, or be replaced when his contract runs out.

Kraft's strike back is winning!
Yep.

In corporate America, this what they call the process of marginalization.

Remains to be seen if this is a gradual burn-out/phase-out.

As President of the Roger Goodell fanclub this is heartbreaking news.
I heard, in order to even be considered for membership, you have to survive getting a wedgie from Olinemen, while wearing boxer shorts. What do you have to do to be president.

Actually, I don't want to know.

The only role Goodell deserves:

nn_09ellis_janitor_120509.video-260x195.jpg

Though, 45 Million a year for Janitor is not too shabby.

I am compelled to disagree. Here's a better fit to his skill set:

dog-waste-cleanup.jpg

Are they afraid they might get a fair outcome or something?

I think they're afraid of fair treatment becoming a requirement, because then they'd no longer be able to dispense parity, deflate-gate style. The NFL is a cartel; parity is always priority one.

Camera-placement-gate clearly didn't hobble the Patriots sufficiently, so deflate-gate had to go several steps beyond. That's why every aspect of the discipline exceeded what came before. The fines were heavier, the lost picks more significant - oh, and this time we'll take away your QB as well! It obviously had nothing to do with the alleged violation, as the Wells report completely exonerated team ownership and management.

I'd actually prefer it if the NFL were honest about this instead of insulting the public's intelligence with the integrity BS. At least that way there'd be no need to ruin team and player reputations.

The root issue is that the NFL's structure is fundamentally at odds with real competition. Intangible qualities in players and coaches are a problem, and that's why, for example, we're now seeing rule changes intended to take superior coaching out of the picture. The goal seems to be to make the outcome of every game 100% predictable; just plug the players' physical stats into a formula. Then you can achieve parity by using the draft to spread those stats around.

That is the way experienced management personnel go about their business. Goodell has proven to be unsuited and to be a failure, unlike Rozelle and Tabliabue before him.

First they emasculate Goodell, of some of his duties, rendering him less harmful, then they eliminate many of his key subordinates, and hence render him impotent, until he can choose to retire early, or be replaced when his contract runs out.

Easily tested. If Robert Kraft is serious about clearing the Patriots name and he has the power many claim he has then he will use it to get CBS to run the Blecker piece on the real 60 Minutes. If he continues to allow Goodell to skate without mention them it should be held against him.

Dream on. Wake me when he actually loses power over the punishment of teams. As long as he and his henchmen are in office, there will plenty of opportunities to create sham violations and extract draft picks from submissive team owners.

Last edited:
Just heard on NFL radio that the owners want the Commissioners role reduced and more taken on by the discipline committee. They want this done by the end of the season and possibly an extension to the CBA.

Right. The league wants to:

1. Still keep total control of discipline.
2. Do a more organized job of administering it.
3. Get a concession from the players in return for this.

I spit.

I'd like the league to demonstrate proof that they've learned from past issues/failures.

Though, I must say I am actually quite pleased they seem incapable of accurate self-assessment and ability to modify their processes (i.e. the anti-Belichick)

I can't believe that people are buying the bs that's being spread around by the NYJFL.

More on this today.

The NFL and the NFL Players Association are making progress toward an agreement on revisions to the player-disciplinary system that likely would change Commissioner Roger Goodell’s role in the appeals process, according to people familiar with the deliberations.....The NFLPA is seeking neutral arbitration for appeals by players of discipline imposed by the league under the sport’s personal conduct policy and integrity-of-the-game rules. Currently such appeals are heard and resolved by Goodell or a person appointed by him.....“We have had a number of conversations and those conversations are ongoing,” Smith said three days before the Super Bowl. “I’m cautiously optimistic that we can reach a resolution on a number of those issues. And I think sort of the frame continues to be the same. We believe that a collectively bargained change to the system is good for everyone.”

Looks like ****brick Goody is losing his control on appeals....****head.

NFL, NFLPA make progress toward deal on Roger Goodell’s role in player discipline

Just heard on NFL radio that the owners want the Commissioners role reduced and more taken on by the discipline committee. They want this done by the end of the season and possibly an extension to the CBA.

How about fire Goodell

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore