PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report out of Washington: Goodell's role to be reduced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewskies

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just heard on NFL radio that the owners want the Commissioners role reduced and more taken on by the discipline committee. They want this done by the end of the season and possibly an extension to the CBA.

Is this anything new? Is this in some way different to what was said right after the suspension was vacated?

If I were the NFLPA, I'd tell the owners that there's got to be an independent, and mutually agreed upon, arbitrator for discipline appeals, and that anything else is a non-starter.

You know, sort of a reversal of when the NFL told the NFLPA that Goodell having all the power was an absolute requirement...

If I were the NFLPA, I'd tell the owners that there's got to be an independent, and mutually agreed upon, arbitrator for discipline appeals, and that anything else is a non-starter.

You know, sort of a reversal of when the NFL told the NFLPA that Goodell having all the power was an absolute requirement...

I agree. The NFLPA has leverage here and legal momentum. If Goody wants to continue his way of ad-hoc justice and pretending their legal positions are impenetrable, Dee Smith and Kessler will just keep kicking the NFLs ass in court.

Frankly, I don't understand their apparent deep seated terror of a truly independent arbiter. Are they afraid they might get a fair outcome or something?

This is potentially good news for players, however it has no bearing on the discipline for sham violations in which the team or non players are accused. This is especially true when the owner of the team is more concerned with his standing with the other owners than that of his team or its fans.

The only role Goodell deserves:

nn_09ellis_janitor_120509.video-260x195.jpg

Though, 45 Million a year for Janitor is not too shabby.

He has too much integrity to even be considered for the job.
The should hand the whole thing over to the Deadlist Catch gang. Oh wait, they're all Seahawks fans.

Just heard on NFL radio that the owners want the Commissioners role reduced and more taken on by the discipline committee. They want this done by the end of the season and possibly an extension to the CBA.

That is the way experienced management personnel go about their business. Goodell has proven to be unsuited and to be a failure, unlike Rozelle and Tabliabue before him.

First they emasculate Goodell, of some of his duties, rendering him less harmful, then they eliminate many of his key subordinates, and hence render him impotent, until he can choose to retire early, or be replaced when his contract runs out.

Kraft's strike back is winning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back