PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Odell to NE talks heating up?

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

I have fallen for this before. We shall see.

When the report itself says the talks are just exploratory, I don't think there's much to get excited about.

I've never been the biggest OBJ fan, but we'll see. I think the perfect place for him is to remain in LA....

yes GIF

Odell won't even ready to play until November at the earliest, but he's better than anyone on the roster right now. A WR corps of OBJ - draft pick-Agholar - Meyers - Bourne - draft pick #2 may actually be pretty good.

Fool me once shame on you... Fool me twice shame on.... well you got the point. Not buying it either would rather Williams coming off the ACL in the Draft.

Coming off an ACL, not fully healed for 12 months which means February 2023, does not know our system, who knows how much of his speed he will have lost, 30 years old, pass, pass, pass.

How many times have these rumors been completely untrue with the Patriots??? 99% of the time. Why would Odell pick the Pats, unless being true #1 receiver is more important than money.

Said it in the other thread but I could see them doing a deal in May once it won’t count towards the comp pick formula anymore. Have to wonder though what it would look like if you assume he won’t be able to play til November or December if we’re lucky. If they really like him and trust him to rehab well and retain most of his athleticism then it might be a chance to sign him for several years at a discount.

if it happens it's a perfect Patriots and Belichick signing, a guy with a destroyed knee on a cheapo contract
When you sign the most expensive guy he has to have a career year to be worth his cost. When you sign a guy with question marks you have little to lose and if it works out he far exceeds his cost.

Said it in the other thread but I could see them doing a deal in May once it won’t count towards the comp pick formula anymore. Have to wonder though what it would look like if you assume he won’t be able to play til November or December if we’re lucky. If they really like him and trust him to rehab well and retain most of his athleticism then it might be a chance to sign him for several years at a discount.
We have only Bourne signed for 2023.

Odell would a fine signing for 2023 and 2024.

If he can contribute a bit late this season, so much the better.
==========
Ditto for WR Williams in the draft, if we choose him in the first over a CB.

We have only Bourne signed for 2023.

Odell would a fine signing for 2023 and 2024.

If he can contribute a bit late this season, so much the better.
==========
Ditto for WR Williams in the draft, if we choose him in the first over a CB.
Why would Bill sign a player coming off his 2nd ACL tear to a 3-yr contract, when he doesn't even know if he can grasp the modified E-P style offense?

OBJ has a history full of injuries w/ ACL tears in 2020 & 2021 seasons.

SmartSelect_20220402-014824_Firefox.jpg
SmartSelect_20220402-014859_Firefox.jpg

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes