PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Mac was reaching out to other coaches about his frustrations with the offense

If the Patriots try to trade Mac then I don't think they'll be much interest. Where are the possibilities?

Bill's not trading him within the division so you can exclude NYJ or MIA.

TEN, IND and HOU all need QBs. HOU will probably draft one second overall. Considering the absolute disaster in TEN, I doubt Vrabel would be content going from Tannehill to Mac Jones. So IND could be a possibility.

LVR needs a QB, and maybe Josh thinks he can work with Mac, but in that tough division, Mac might be the worst QB (if you rate him lower than Mr. Unlimited). Bad move if Josh went with it.

There are potentially a lot of teams in the NFC that could be looking for a new QB but the most realistic suiter may be WAS. I really don't see a good fit anywhere else.

I've narrowed the possible trade partners down to IND, LVR and WAS. Someone get on the horn!

Is it surprising that a super competitive QB was frustrated by the situation? Why is it bad if he reached out to Saban or JMD for advise on how to make things better?
If he wants to crib about Patricia play calling and bill is not willing to listen what does the player do, just soak it in ..

This situation was created by belichick when he had option to either promote caley or get someone else . Instead he decides that Patricia the genius can just flip foem defense to offense in a single day like some sort of super hero.

If you are a QB and your stats look bad and your boss and super boss put you in position to fail and you want to work around it, what are your options ???

His arm is not ok

Every time he try's to go deep INTs follow. The Poyer INT vs Agahlor in 2021 was caused by the same issue as the INT in 2022 vs Parker @ Miami. The passes did not have enough power behind them.

durp 121 jpeg  copy.jpg

Zappe displayed more poise and professionalism than Mac. Zappe has a desirable demeanor and presence of an NFL quarterback. He looks more like he belongs. Mac looks and acts like an entitled teenage HS quarterback.

If the Patriots try to trade Mac then I don't think they'll be much interest. Where are the possibilities?

Bill's not trading him within the division so you can exclude NYJ or MIA.

TEN, IND and HOU all need QBs. HOU will probably draft one second overall. Considering the absolute disaster in TEN, I doubt Vrabel would be content going from Tannehill to Mac Jones. So IND could be a possibility.

LVR needs a QB, and maybe Josh thinks he can work with Mac, but in that tough division, Mac might be the worst QB (if you rate him lower than Mr. Unlimited). Bad move if Josh went with it.

There are potentially a lot of teams in the NFC that could be looking for a new QB but the most realistic suiter may be WAS. I really don't see a good fit anywhere else.

I've narrowed the possible trade partners down to IND, LVR and WAS. Someone get on the horn!
I don't think Mac is being traded. That's hogwash. But if he is, trade him to TB if Brady retires. With that elite team, he could take them far. Good OL (when healthy) and plenty of weapons at WR. He'll have time in the pocket to throw to elite receivers like Evans and Godwin.

How did Zappe keep getting balls batted at the line in the Bears game?
All QBs get balls batted: Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Lawrence, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Jackson.

This is the silliest talking point out there.

All QBs get balls batted: Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Lawrence, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, Jackson.

This is the silliest talking point out there.
Some more than other though, right. And being short (for a QB) increases the likelihood, does it not?

It's no sillier than "Mac is too emotional on the field and the hurts my sensibilities".

Some more than other though, right. And being short (for a QB) increases the likelihood, does it not?

It's no sillier than "Mac is too emotional on the field and the hurts my sensibilities".
Brock Purdy is 6'1 similar to Zappe and very effective better than whiney boy.

I don't think Mac is being traded. That's hogwash. But if he is, trade him to TB if Brady retires. With that elite team, he could take them far. Good OL (when healthy) and plenty of weapons at WR. He'll have time in the pocket to throw to elite receivers like Evans and Godwin.
Jason Licht wouldn't settle for such an ordinary QB like Mac (considering what he would probably have to give up for the player). Brady to Mac is a huge drop-off. If Brady doesn't stay in Tampa Bay, and they don't go after a big name (Rodgers, Lamar, etc.), then they probably will go with Kyle Trask. He's second round pick who they have invested a lot of time into developing. He's bigger and stronger than Mac. I liked Trask when he got drafted.

Sure, all of that is true, but how much does it affect the overall performance is the question. I don't know the answer. I doubt that % of batted passes is a metric that makes much of a diff. in QB Ratings. Certainly not more important than INT% or Sack% that result in negative plays. I just think it's over blown is all. Do you have access to % batted passes stats?

Jason Licht wouldn't settle for such an ordinary QB like Mac (considering what he would probably have to give up for the player). Brady to Mac is a huge drop-off. If Brady doesn't stay in Tampa Bay, and they don't go after a big name (Rodgers, Lamar, etc.), then they probably will go with Kyle Trask. He's second round pick who they have invested a lot of time into developing. He's bigger and stronger than Mac. I liked Trask when he got drafted.
Trask? Lol. Come on man, you're being disengeneous. Did you watch him play on Sunday or during preseason? He's a bust. Mac is way better than Trask and has 31 starts under his belt with 1 in the post season. With a good OL and elite receivers Mac would probably do well.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back