PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Mac was reaching out to other coaches about his frustrations with the offense

For all the Jones haters/doubters, they should listen to Lazar/Barth in their current podcast. It starts at about the 51-52 minute mark and go to the 1 hour mark or so. They attack the criticism of Jones having a slow processor and doesn't step up in the pocket and they talk about how those were strengths from him last year and college and a little how coaching affected this this past season.

I actually recommend the entire podcast because they do discuss all the potential OC candidates and why each should or shouldn't be the OC.

As an employee of the NEP, Lazar no longer has Credibility.

They were 29th in pass blocking this year. Brady gets rid of the ball faster than any QB in the league. Mac would be sacked 60 times
That's why I said when healthy. They lost their PB C, LG retired & they used a rookie to replace him, RG walked in FAcy. With Smith, LG, Jensen, Mason, Wirfs they would provide better protection than Mac has ever had here. Anyway, it's not happening.

If he wants to crib about Patricia play calling and bill is not willing to listen what does the player do, just soak it in ..

This situation was created by belichick when he had option to either promote caley or get someone else . Instead he decides that Patricia the genius can just flip foem defense to offense in a single day like some sort of super hero.

If you are a QB and your stats look bad and your boss and super boss put you in position to fail and you want to work around it, what are your options ???
I wonder if he talked to Bill first. Probably not.

If you listen to his podcast I posted, he spends most of the podcast trashing Matt Patricia. Doesn't sound like he is spreading Patriots propaganda. And I thought everyone who doesn't like Mac Jones are in agreement that Belichick doesn't like Mac Jones too. If he was just toeing the company line, wouldn't he be trashing Jones and claiming Patricia did a good job. He literally finishes the broadcast claiming Patricia was the worst OC in the league this year.

Well I thought he was a slow processor last year, bailed to early, didn’t step up and continued to make uncatchable throws to receivers 10 yards away. While he makes a couple good throws each game, he didn’t make enough throws moving the chains.

Bill is CONSTANTLY texting former players and talking to other coaches. I imagine Bill understands that players need to blow off steam and this isn't a big deal. Plus, with it being the offseason, he isn't really going to be dealing with Mac and the team and everything until training camp, long after this has blown over. This feels like a nothing burger.

Independent of this, I really hope they let Mac and Zappe compete in training camp.
Really hope??Oh they will and I expect Zappe or anyone else they bring in Jimmy or Baker to win the Starting job.

Are you proposing we trade for Punky McMILFson?
No just stay put with Mac and get a decent OC who can revise plays that depend on QB intelligence and allow Mac to process and make decisions based on the coverage inputs . Utilize his decision making skills and improve offensive line and get a slot receiver who can get open super quick and Mac will be an improved player.

Please no Zach Wilson even if he comes free of cost .

Really hope??Oh they will and I expect Zappe or anyone else they bring in Jimmy or Baker to win the Starting job.
Yeah, with the way the players talk, I get the impression that maybe Mac is installed as QB1 no matter what. I hope it'll be a real competition, but we'll see.

Yeah, with the way the players talk, I get the impression that maybe Mac is installed as QB1 no matter what. I hope it'll be a real competition, but we'll see.
I don't get that impression and IF I'm wrong 1-15 here we come at least we'll be in line for the best QB.

Trading Mac Jones will be the straw that broke the camel's back i.e bill belichick's tenure in pats and pats relegated to years of misery

49ers could take Mac and be instant contenders every year . Give Mac a decent OC and 1 or 2 offensive weapons and we can talk.

Bill is just going to tarnish his legacy even more if we decide to trade Mac. It will make it even more clear that it was Brady who helped stem the downward spiral on offense while defense was bend don't break during SB years . Brady ain't coming back. So better to put offense in position of success .

20 years of continuity with same QB and Offensive line coach and close to 10 years of continuity on offensive coaching helped bill to just focus on smaller areas . Now there are gaping holes all over the coaching scope leave apart defense . Bill needs to trust people outside his circle.

Special teams performance this year tells me that bill has stepped his pedal off the gas and results are there to see . Mayo and Steve Jr. Did a great job in defense helping Bill get credit for defense . For defensive players they are least have a Mayo to lookupto and ask the right questions and seek counsel

For offense , well just Andrews ...if Mac leaves we could be a 4-13 or 3-14 team.
How about an even swap Mac for Trey Lance? There we go with the Mayo is the only thing holding the defense together. It seems to be a myth that everyone accepts and Steve is dogmeat riding his coattails.

How about an even swap Mac for Trey Lance? There we go with the Mayo is the only thing holding the defense together. It seems to be a myth that everyone accepts and Steve is dogmeat riding his coattails.
The optics of that might not look good for shanahan . But something that can possibly be explored. We will be the losers though as trey has not even shown an iota of competence yet.

People want Mitch Trubisky over Mac Jones?!? Trubisky, who will be on his fourth team in as many years next season? The guy Mac Jones outplayed (although neither played very well) in week #2 of the season? Is this where the anti-Mac Jones insanity has taken us?

Hey Sam Darnold's available. Maybe the Pats can get him too.

BTW, I would have been for taking Trubisky two seasons ago to see if he could be salvaged after being cut from the Bears. But that was when the Pats only had Stidham on the roster as a potential starter and I thought the Pats might try to draft a new QB. But after what he did last year and the fact that Daboll didn't try to take him to NY tells me the guy is in his back up QB era of his unremarkable career.

I truly hope Bill names his son as DC, then we can all see what he's capable of and how neither Flores or Mayo had any influence on the D performance. If it works out, we'd be set there for years since doubt he would go anywhere else.

I see that Felching Tubescribe is back to his stalking.

No just stay put with Mac and get a decent OC who can revise plays that depend on QB intelligence and allow Mac to process and make decisions based on the coverage inputs . Utilize his decision making skills and improve offensive line and get a slot receiver who can get open super quick and Mac will be an improved player.

Please no Zach Wilson even if he comes free of cost .

My point is that only by having the Very Worst QB in the Entire League would this become a 4-win team next season... If we had just a league-average QB this would've been a 10-win team this season.

I also agree that not having a league-average OC, QB Coach, LT, RT, backup Center, Slot WR (if it wasn't Bourne, who admittedly isn't nearly as quick as our former ones), #1 WR & 3rd-Down RB also contributed to missing the POs, as well as not having a legit STs coach & depth at CB.

The problem's gonna be when TC arrives next season and most of these needs will have gone unfulfilled... Then the question becomes which QB is better-equipped to produce with what is available: Corky, Zappy or The New Guy?

Zappy deserves a chance - a Real one - to show that he can do hit better than Corky can do it... Heck he should've Already been given that chance by starting da Bears game and taking it from there.

Last edited:
My point is that only by having the Very Worst QB in the Entire League would this become a 4-win team next season... If we had just a league-average QB this would've been a 10-win team this season.

I also agree that not having a league-average OC, QB Coach, LT, RT, backup Center, Slot WR (if it wasn't Bourne, who admittedly isn't nearly as quick as our former ones), #1 WR & 3rd-Down RB also contributed to missing the POs, as well as not having a legit STs coach & depth at CB.

The problem's gonna be when TC arrives next season and most of these needs will have gone unfulfilled... Then the question becomes which QB is better-equipped to produce with what is available: Corky, Zappy or The New Guy?

Zappy deserves a chance - a Real one - to show that he can do hit better than Corky can do it... Heck he should've Already been given that chance by starting da Bears game and taking it from there.
I am sure the TC is open for both . But if we get a real good OC then it's my bet that Mac will outshine . Mac's strength is his processing . Utilize that . I am thinking if we keep Mac , Meyers is a must as a safety blanket .

Use quick play action and ocassional seam routes to TE. That's our QB strength and allow him to alternate plays depending on defensive personnel alignments . I think that part was completely missing . It was more like do A or B irrespective of how the defense aligned . We did not take advantage of defensive formations or weaknesses .

I am sure Mac is going to do a lot of film read and come back even more hungry. Let's set him up for success before discarding him. We still have 2 more rookie years of Mac with 2024 being real opportunity to load and attack.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back