PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Mac was reaching out to other coaches about his frustrations with the offense

As an employee of the NEP, Lazar no longer has Credibility.
Lazar didn't like Mac Jones during the 2021 draft. He's being consistent and if you watched his draft coverage you'd know that he was very passionate about the draft. It's ok if you don't agree with his conclusions, but I don't believe credibility is the issue here. Mac Jones does have arm strength issues. Mac Jones pocket awareness was terrible in 2022, his decisonmaking regressed, his interceptions to TD ratios got a lot worse, his YPA got worse, his completion percentage got worse, there's a lot to knock.

Lazar didn't like Mac Jones during the 2021 draft. He's being consistent and if you watched his draft coverage you'd know that he was very passionate about the draft. It's ok if you don't agree with his conclusions, but I don't believe credibility is the issue here. Mac Jones does have arm strength issues. Mac Jones pocket awareness was terrible in 2022, his decisonmaking regressed, his interceptions to TD ratios got a lot worse, his YPA got worse, his completion percentage got worse, there's a lot to knock.
This is ridiculous.
how many false start penalties started a drive off miserably?
extremely poor performance by the O line in general
Nelson Agholor.
Matt Patricia.
Joe Judge.
i could keep going but you get the picture. How much do you want a second year QB to overcome? Give me a break.
did you even see some of his throws at Alabama? You BB apologists need come out of the bunker. This was a total DISASTER and he was the architect.

was reported by Chris Simms and Florio with the coach presumably Josh McDaniels...

If true I'm not sure Mac will be back next year, and I find this report hard to believe , although I do recall previous reports of Mac going over Bill's head to Kraft as well. Not a good look for your starting qb if this is true.
Don't know how true that is, but I find it hard to like this guy. He is just not good enough to be get away with his hissy fits, yelling at coaches etc etc. I know Tom Brady did that too but he aint no Tom Brady. If you want to complain to the coaches make an office appt, don't be doing it for everyone to see, its not a good look. Especially when you aren't playing that great to begin with.

People want Mitch Trubisky over Mac Jones?!? Trubisky, who will be on his fourth team in as many years next season? The guy Mac Jones outplayed (although neither played very well) in week #2 of the season? Is this where the anti-Mac Jones insanity has taken us?

Hey Sam Darnold's available. Maybe the Pats can get him too.

BTW, I would have been for taking Trubisky two seasons ago to see if he could be salvaged after being cut from the Bears. But that was when the Pats only had Stidham on the roster as a potential starter and I thought the Pats might try to draft a new QB. But after what he did last year and the fact that Daboll didn't try to take him to NY tells me the guy is in his back up QB era of his unremarkable career.
The fact these people roam amongst us is concerning

It was interesting to hear Fauria's thoughts on it as an ex-NFL player. Fauria said Mac likely couldn't go to his coaches to ask the "why?" questions as they were likely to getting mad at him during meetings, etc... Fauria said when he played in Seattle there was a similar situation. The players had questions but wouldn't go the TE coach because the TE coach was close to the head coach and would tell the HC the players were questioning things. He said in NE it was different. He said the players could talk to the TE coach about anything 'cause they trusted he wouldn't go to Belichick. He said the TE coach would even complain to them about certain things. So to him he thought Mac had no one in the organization he could talk to about what was going on and why it was going on. Patricia and Judge are Belichick guys. So he went to someone outside the organization he trusted, but that person wasn't to trustworthy as Belichick found out.

Part of me hopes Mac gets traded to a good situation and just tears it up. This board would be so entertaining.

whats funny is there are posters who have suggested because they hate Mac "trade him to the raiders because he can be productive with McDaniels!"

if thats the case, then the problem isnt totally Mac its the coaches! and those same people would complain "why didnt we keep Mac!" the fact that Bill is changing his coaching staff all around kind of is an indictment that coaching was a large part of the problem.

Now, if Mac has a new coach and looks like he did this year i'll give it to them. But considering how the offense as a whole was a mess with receivers running into eachother i somehow am doubting that Mac was the sole and only issue as people here tend to make him

If Raiders want Mac, do you trade Mac for Raider's first rounder?

My point is that only by having the Very Worst QB in the Entire League would this become a 4-win team next season... If we had just a league-average QB this would've been a 10-win team this season.

Listening to you bag on the QB, when the problem was so obviously the coaching, is an exercise in disappointment about your current ability to analyze the games and players.

And that's not a defense of the QB, either. It's a simple acknowledgment that the coaching was just that bad.

Listening to you bag on the QB, when the problem was so obviously the coaching, is an exercise in disappointment about your current ability to analyze the games and players.

And that's not a defense of the QB, either. It's a simple acknowledgment that the coaching was just that bad.

I know the coaching etc was bad, and have indeed mentioned that fact... But so was the QB, and that too is a fact.

Don't know how true that is, but I find it hard to like this guy. He is just not good enough to be get away with his hissy fits, yelling at coaches etc etc. I know Tom Brady did that too but he aint no Tom Brady. If you want to complain to the coaches make an office appt, don't be doing it for everyone to see, its not a good look. Especially when you aren't playing that great to begin with.

Yep, and that includes the Gutless sliding short of the line to gain on 3rd f ucking down as soon as he sees another uniform... That's Chikkin-sh!t.

Why would they give up Purdy who is costing them pennies?
Lol I figured I was being clear I wasn’t exactly serious. I know that won’t happen.

I know the coaching etc was bad, and have indeed mentioned that fact... But so was the QB, and that too is a fact.

Good. Now, try putting the two together a la, cause and effect.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back