PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Mac was reaching out to other coaches about his frustrations with the offense

Trubisky has a Cannon and is mobile and the Bills were raving about him.
He never got a fair shake in Pitt with the hometown hero there.

Pickett played because Trubisky all by himself cost his team the Ravens game & a playoff spot.

Trask? Lol. Come on man, you're being disengeneous. Did you watch him play on Sunday or during preseason? He's a bust. Mac is way better than Trask and has 31 starts under his belt with 1 in the post season. With a good OL and elite receivers Mac would probably do well.
I'm telling you what Licht in all likelihood is thinking. I suppose they could be lying but I've only heard positive things about Trask coming from their front office. Their first objective should be retaining Brady for a season or two longer. If Brady leaves then they should go after a veteran quarterback. Bucs have an old roster with aging talent so at most they're a win now team. As we saw this season, injuries crippled their lineups, and Bowles has been a disaster, but they also just weren't as good as people thought they would be.

Seriously, imagine Mac Jones starting for the Bucs this season. You think he's leading all of those last second comebacks? No way. Bucs would have been 4-13 with Mac.

Sure, all of that is true, but how much does it affect the overall performance is the question. I don't know the answer. I doubt that % of batted passes is a metric that makes much of a diff. in QB Ratings. Certainly not more important than INT% or Sack% that result in negative plays. I just think it's over blown is all. Do you have access to % batted passes stats?

Mac has 8 bats in 442 throws.
Zappe has 5 bats in 92 throws.

On an unrelated topic...lol
1673543430789.png

His arm is fine... It's your latter point that's an issue...

This year it felt like all the timing was off, and Mac didn't trust his route runners unless he saw green between them and the dbs... That's an issue...

They're Both issues.

I don't think Mac is being traded. That's hogwash. But if he is, trade him to TB if Brady retires. With that elite team, he could take them far. Good OL (when healthy) and plenty of weapons at WR. He'll have time in the pocket to throw to elite receivers like Evans and Godwin.

Why trade for Corky when they already have Kyle Trask?

Last edited:
I don't think Mac is being traded. That's hogwash. But if he is, trade him to TB if Brady retires. With that elite team, he could take them far. Good OL (when healthy) and plenty of weapons at WR. He'll have time in the pocket to throw to elite receivers like Evans and Godwin.
They were 29th in pass blocking this year. Brady gets rid of the ball faster than any QB in the league. Mac would be sacked 60 times

They were 29th in pass blocking this year. Brady gets rid of the ball faster than any QB in the league. Mac would be sacked 60 times
Easier to get rid of ball when Brady is the defacto OC and have Evans and Godwin.

Unfair to compare a sophomore to a player with 23 years of experience that too the GOAT.

It does kinda feel like there's a not-super-unlikely chance that Mac's not here in 2023... Not just because Bill doesn't want him, but because he also wants to leave. This report is a little strange but I could see it... The way Bill talked about him a couple days ago was weird, kind of like he was talking about a player who wasn't on the team anymore.

If Jones is cut or shipped off, hopefully it's very sooner than later. I could see the FO not addressing QB until too late and having to make an expensive trade for a Nick Foles or Tyrod Taylor because nobody good is left. Uhg.

Mac has 8 bats in 442 throws.
Zappe has 5 bats in 92 throws.

On an unrelated topic...lol
View attachment 49044
Right but you can't extrapolate because the fact is he didn't play enough to know what his numbers would've ended up at after comparable # of games. IOW, it's not a fair comparison, just like saying that Zappe has a higher completion %, Rating & TD/INT ratio than Mac isn't fair either. Mac started the year w/ a projected 28 INTs. He ended up w/ 11.

Trading Mac Jones will be the straw that broke the camel's back i.e bill belichick's tenure in pats and pats relegated to years of misery

49ers could take Mac and be instant contenders every year . Give Mac a decent OC and 1 or 2 offensive weapons and we can talk.

Bill is just going to tarnish his legacy even more if we decide to trade Mac. It will make it even more clear that it was Brady who helped stem the downward spiral on offense while defense was bend don't break during SB years . Brady ain't coming back. So better to put offense in position of success .

20 years of continuity with same QB and Offensive line coach and close to 10 years of continuity on offensive coaching helped bill to just focus on smaller areas . Now there are gaping holes all over the coaching scope leave apart defense . Bill needs to trust people outside his circle.

Special teams performance this year tells me that bill has stepped his pedal off the gas and results are there to see . Mayo and Steve Jr. Did a great job in defense helping Bill get credit for defense . For defensive players they are least have a Mayo to lookupto and ask the right questions and seek counsel

For offense , well just Andrews ...if Mac leaves we could be a 4-13 or 3-14 team.

Right but you can't extrapolate because the fact is he didn't play enough to know what his numbers would've ended up at after comparable # of games. IOW, it's not a fair comparison, just like saying that Zappe has a higher completion %, Rating & TD/INT ratio than Mac isn't fair either. Mac started the year w/ a projected 28 INTs. He ended up w/ 11.
Keep moving those goalposts.

I feel that will be the straw that broke the camels back. Anybody who feels BB is going into next season with Mac Jones as Starting QB after what they have witnessed this year: I a have small piece of the Brooklyn Bridge to sell ya. A QB have to show that he can lead a Team back from behind Mac have done that like once BB isn't blind.
kind GIF
Please put this in your signature all next season

I do not see Bill being able to forgive Mac for going behind his back and his co-coaches to ask for advice from rivals. Bill is very big on loyalty and I am pretty sure he will see this as being stabbed in the back. Once you get on Bill‘s bad side, it’s very hard to get out of the dog house. His comments at the press conference regarding Mac Jones, and his lukewarm endorsement are very telling. It is pretty clear to me that Mac does not have Bill’s support. Like it or not Bill is in charge. I think it is highly likely that there will be a change in quarterback. If I had to guess I say Bill signs Baker Mayfield to be starting quarterback and keep smack on the roster as a back up.

Last edited:
Isn't the youngest millennial like 26?
When I was 26, the Patriots had Steve Grogan, Raymond Clayborn, John Hannah, Sugar Bear Hamilton, Stanley Morgan, Harold Jackson, Mike Haynes, Don Hasselback, Russ Francis, and my all-time favorite Patriots backup Garry Puetz! Yeah, the 1980 Patriots would have crushed the 2022 Patriots. Just think what the Millennials have to look forward to....

I do not see Bill being able to forgive Mac for going behind his back and his co-coaches to ask for advice from rivals. Bill is very big on loyalty and I am pretty sure he will see this as being stabbed in the back. Once you get on Bill‘s bad side, it’s very hard to get out of the dog house. His comments at the press conference regarding Mac Jones, and his lukewarm endorsement are very telling. It is pretty clear to me that Matt does not have Bill’s support. Like it or not Bill is in charge. I think it is highly likely that there will be a change in quarterback. If I had to guess I say Bill signs Baker Mayfield to be starting quarterback and keep smack on the roster as a back up.
Bill is CONSTANTLY texting former players and talking to other coaches. I imagine Bill understands that players need to blow off steam and this isn't a big deal. Plus, with it being the offseason, he isn't really going to be dealing with Mac and the team and everything until training camp, long after this has blown over. This feels like a nothing burger.

Independent of this, I really hope they let Mac and Zappe compete in training camp.

...For defensive players they are least have a Mayo to lookupto and ask the right questions and seek counsel;

For offense , well just Andrews ...if Mac leaves we could be a 4-13 or 3-14 team.

Are you proposing we trade for Punky McMILFson?

For all the Jones haters/doubters, they should listen to Lazar/Barth in their current podcast. It starts at about the 51-52 minute mark and go to the 1 hour mark or so. They attack the criticism of Jones having a slow processor and doesn't step up in the pocket and they talk about how those were strengths from him last year and college and a little how coaching affected this this past season.

I actually recommend the entire podcast because they do discuss all the potential OC candidates and why each should or shouldn't be the OC.

How did Zappe keep getting balls batted at the line in the Bears game?

So you were cool with Corky starting the Bears game then? I sure as sh!t wasn't; and the results validated my concerns.

Zappy should've started the Bears game. That is Inarguable.

Everything else is pure conjecture/Corky-loving/Zappy-hating.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back