PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

REISS: Patriots Add a Kicker to Practice Squad

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
They added Roberto Aguayo, Per Reiss/Field Yates:

He was a solid kicker at FSU Florida State and was the 59th overall pick by the Buccaneers in 2016. He had a rough season, finishing 22-of-31 (70.97), including just 4/10 from 40-49 yards and 0/1 from 50+

2016 Stats
20/29 - 5/5
30/39 - 13/15
40/49 - 4/10
50+ 0/1

The Bucs eventually cut him the following year:

He's bounced around and hasn't earned a top role since. Ironically enough, coming off his lone season, he was in contention with Nick Folk, who was signed by the Bucs and won the top job in 2017, which led to Aguayo's release.

Folk is a free agent after this season, so it's going to be interesting to see how that plays out.

To me it says that the rohrwasser progress might not be that great, i mean our starting Kicker is an FA and he gets probably more money due to his good season so they are bringing in a guy who did not Show much so far to be a starter ..could be just for competition or that the faith for rohrwasser to take over next year is not that high

That we spent a 5th on a player we could have picked up in udfa and he didn’t start this year and now they are bringing in competition
Competition due to maybe lack of progress is my speculation otherwise we wouldn't really need to bring in that guy if we have faith in rohrwasser
When my friend told me we picked kicker cause my cellphone was out of Charge i asked him Bass or blankenship? Then he said rohrwasser i honestly never heard his Name before

Competition due to maybe lack of progress is my speculation otherwise we wouldn't really need to bring in that guy if we have faith in rohrwasser
When my friend told me we picked kicker cause my cellphone was out of Charge i asked him Bass or blankenship? Then he said rohrwasser i honestly never heard his Name before
Maybe he’s good, but unless Bill had intel, he could have gotten him later based off most scouting reports. By later I mean not in the draft

Maybe he’s good, but unless Bill had intel, he could have gotten him later based off most scouting reports. By later I mean not in the draft
Not giving up on him for sure reports said he has a strong leg and kicked in Bad weather but accuracy consistency issues
Did not hear anything recent about him
Agreed on the draft position

To me it says that the rohrwasser progress might not be that great, i mean our starting Kicker is an FA and he gets probably more money due to his good season so they are bringing in a guy who did not Show much so far to be a starter ..could be just for competition or that the faith for rohrwasser to take over next year is not that high
You asked what does it say about him then gave speculative guesses.
It says belichick wanted to bring this player in for a look.

You asked what does it say about him then gave speculative guesses.
It says belichick wanted to bring this player in for a look.
Yeah i mean that makes me curious why he did that. So my conclusion was that Rohrwasser might be not ready next year, is that not possible

Assuming he has the same athleticism he had at FSU, his problems are in the head. Thing is, you can’t simulate game situations.

What does this say about the rohrwasser selection?
Nothing yet. In fact, this move hasn't been announced by the team. Reiss and Schefter are only repeating what Yates reported.

Nothing yet. In fact, this move hasn't been announced by the team. Reiss and Schefter are only repeating what Yates reported.
ok and when the team announce it, does this imply Nothing about the development about JR? i admit i could overvalue this possible signing

What does this say about the rohrwasser selection?

it says once again, instead of making the logical choice of Rodrigo Blankenship, BB decided I. Some kid nobody has ever heard of.

the Aguayo signing is all about competition for next year.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back