PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reid vs BB at developing QBs

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have to score on offense and force turnovers on D… that’s their formula
And they do the back half worse under Mahomes than under smith

Over the course of a regular season units can improve or get worse. Regular season averages won’t help you in the playoffs, only playoff averages will.
So do all teams make the playoffs, or do they need to win regular season games to make the playoffs?
Completely dismissing a teams ability to get better or worse with the addition of subtraction of injured players or execution. Not smart.

Calling good “mediocre” when half the league or more is worse is a lie… intentional or not.
Nope they were mediocre, using all of the facts that we have
Look at the Chief’s defensive forced turnovers after the bye last season. Compare the averages from the first half of the season to the second half and playoffs.
They let up 35 points in the Super Bowl
Averages can provide a glimpse into the truth… you simply don’t understand or are being willfully ignorant. Teams improve, teams get worse… that’s a fact.
Stats no longer matter
You handpicking one Chiefs defense that allowed fewer points than Mahomes led Chiefs is proof of nothing. How good was that offense beyond just the QB difference, how was OLine, the special teams, how tough was their schedule and opponents. There’s a slew of differences between teams beyond QB.
Over a 5 year period the defenses were better and the offenses were worse. You thinking it’s all coincidence they went from playoff failures to a dynasty as soon as mahomes played, is a joke. His influence on the team is incredibly large

Last edited:
So the QB change had equal the importance of all other upgrades combined?

And you still didn't answer the question... all the of other upgrades happened, the season's underway, they're 0-2... if Bledsoe didn't get injured and he remained the QB then what happens with the rest of the season?
That’s not what I said. But they don’t win the SB without Vrabel, or Light or Seymour, or phifer or even David Patten or many others. . Teams win, not individuals.

That’s not what I said. But they don’t win the SB without Vrabel, or Light or Seymour, or phifer or even David Patten or many others. . Teams win, not individuals.
You mean individual subtracting those players each would have derailed the Super Bowl run? Yeah, like they won a Super Bowl without Gronk. You think they can't win without David Patten?

You mean individual subtracting those players each would have derailed the Super Bowl run? Yeah, like they won a Super Bowl without Gronk. You think they can't win without David Patten?
They won many games by the narrowest of margins and Patten made critical plays in many of them. One more loss along the way would have prevented the championship.
Pattens unconscious play in buffalo probably saved a loss and yeah the guy who caught the only 2 post season TD passes, both Brady and Bledsoes only ones was vital to that championship

Edit:wtf does gronk have to do with the 2001 patriots?

I think it's Wozzy. I haven't seen his posts in ages as I think the forum uses AI to shield otherwise rational members from "those kind of posts.". You can't argue with smart algorithms.
That’s not the case. There is no “algorithm” - anything done is a manual action.

I’m going to close this as a lot of this has already been rehashed. Any questions forum-wise, just PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3