PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Zone Problems on Offense for 3 Straight Years

Umm, yes, you did. You said "he was only here for 1 year", implying BB should have stupidly paid another primadonna, long term money.

Second, no, it's because we don't have a 25-30 mil per season QB to pay for. That's what it means. That's why we have money to spend along with the 2nd dynasty contracts coming off the books.

Slack of what exactly? This team has like 7 additional HOF players in the last 20 years. They've fielded top Ds and STs units, and Brady had Scarnecchia coaching his lines. Scar could easily be a HOFer himself. This narrative that Brady had no good players, coaches, or support, is appalling disinformation.

Why would he spend wildly on "great WRs" who gouge crappy teams for big contracts if you have the GOAT? Doesn't make sense, does it? If he is the GOAT, why does he need an All Star cast, a weakened mid roster, and possibly a crappier record at season's end? The NE Patriots aren't Tom Brady's personal fantasy football team.

The D and STs picked up Brady's slack in most of the SB wins, or to get to each of the Giants SBs themselves, even though those Ds weren't the strength of the teams. Slack my behind.

There are very few seasons Brady didn't have great weapons. Some of it was injury, some bad timing, some other reasons. He's had HOF WRs and a HOF TE in his career.

Outside of Jerry Rice, what did Montana have? John Taylor was very good. That was pre Cap Era, too. How come Bill Walsh didn't surround Montana with All Stars??!!! What a meanie!
IMG_20210913_005148.jpg

No, I didnt imply anything, you said BB sold out to win, you used revis as if they paid him 50 mil dollars and had him here for a long time. You used guys that barely made a one year impact as him selling out. He didnt. No, I would say brady in his 20 years, did not have the same talent pool as other QB's did. Some of that was bad drafting, some of that was not wanting to spend money on receivers and some of that was Bill knowing that Brady did not need an all star crew to win. Did you just ask what Montana had? lol, dude just stop. Let me ask you this. How long did Montana have Rice? How about taylor? How about Dwight clark? How about Soloman? Roger Craig? Brent Jones? Now how many years did he have those guys? What is the longest Brady had a so called hall of famer receiver? What is the longest Brady had the same receiving corp coming back every year?
No. I used Revis is a one name example, rattled off a few more names and said I don't have time in the day to list all the key names he drafted, signed or traded for to help form a 2nd dynasty.

There's a salary cap. The fact you don't get this like a Felger/Mazz clone is comical. John McVay didn't run out and buy Montana pricey FAs and there was no cap then in the first place. You're not making sense, which is what the Brady lovers do in his defense.

SF paid Roger Craig? Brent Jones? Taylor? I mentioned Taylor. All of those guys were drafted. DRAFTED. Do you know how many players BB drafted that were key to the second dynasty? Too many to count. BB drafted so well he couldn't resign all his great picks. He had to trade them in advance or choose 1-2 players over the 3rd player to stay under the cap and not get into fiscal trouble with the roster.

Talk about talking yourself into a pretzel with your argument.

Moss was here for 3 years and then he got himself traded out of town because Brady was throwing too many INTS early in 2010, so BB dealt him and saved Brady's season, with Brady wining the MVP when Branch came back.

Outside of Rice, the SF players you listed above, are not HOFers. Very good players. Just like BB drafted for Brady.

You are clueless. Prior to 1993, there wasn't much player movement because there was no FA. Roster turnover is the norm in the NFL. Welcome to reality. Maybe do some homework first?

Last edited:
It's downright hilarious how you're trying to denigrate Brady, greatest QB of all time. Absolutely love that you think it's been Brady behind all the shotgun. Even the shotgun now after he left!!

Brady isn't buds with mcD, stop it Ben McDaniels I mean NewEra. Brady is great with anybody he knows he has to work with for awhile. Brady has a fantastic relationship with Bruce Arians and Leftwich, and the entire Bucs roster. He's an excellent diplomat and also says all the right things to the media even if it's lying or protecting the team.
Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by VH1
Martin Lawrence Lol GIF by Martin

But he is old so he knows football. lol. All you 30 year olds who are "new" pats fans just dont know.
Montana had no help. That's some wild **** right there man. Im tapping out. Can't compete with that crazy if I tried. I'm honestly cracking up reading both post. Rusty is so serious. @DropKickFlutie just called him Ben McDaniels and I genuinely started laughing.

I'm going to get the strap this place ain't safe no more.

Nah I haven't been saying it every single year. Only when it's a problem. But go on thinking the offense is great. It's much worse than the pristine Bucs offense designed and led by Byron Leftwich. Wonderful OC right there. Guy is an offensive genius. Should be at the front of the HC list ahead of skippy who would without hesitation get Mac a season ending injury to jack up as many yards as possible in shotgun with a bad OLine.

Nah I haven't been saying it every single year. Only when it's a problem. But go on thinking the offense is great. It's much worse than the pristine Bucs offense designed and led by Byron Leftwich. Wonderful OC right there. Guy is an offensive genius. Should be at the front of the HC list ahead of skippy who would without hesitation get Mac a season ending injury to jack up as many yards as possible in shotgun with a bad OLine.
Did you just say Leftwich is a "wonderful OC"?

So, Brady shows up and Leftwich is a "wonderful OC"?

Holy mackerel. I've seen some whack jobs in my day, but you may be in the hunt for the title.

No. I used Revis is a one name example, rattled off a few more names and said I don't have time in the day to list all the key names he drafted, signed or traded for to help form a 2nd dynasty.

There's a salary cap. The fact you don't get this like a Felger/Mazz clone is comical. John McVay didn't run out and buy Montana pricey FAs and there was no cap then in the first place. You're not making sense, which is what the Brady lovers do in his defense.

SF paid Roger Craig? Brent Jones? Taylor? I mentioned Taylor. All of those guys were drafted. DRAFTED. Do you know how many players BB drafted that were key to the second dynasty?

Moss was here for 3 years and then he got himself traded out of town because Brady was throwing too many INTS early in 2010, so BB dealt him and saved Brady's season, with Brady wining the MVP when Branch came back.

Outside of Rice, the SF players you listed above, are not HOFers.

You are clueless. Prior to 1993, there wasn't much player movement because there was no FA. Roster turnover is the norm in the NFL. Welcome to reality. Maybe do some homework first?
Once again, you said Bill sold out to win a title. I asked what high priced free agent did he get? You named guys that were not only not high priced, but didnt stay long other than Gilmore. I'm sorry that Bill could not draft receivers as well as the niners did, but that does not make what you said correct. Wait wait....who was the hall of fame receivers Brady had besides Moss for 3 years? Rattle them off. Also I asked how long Montana had those guys compared to the short times Brady had good guys? I mean what if Moss was on the pats for 10 years? Rice was on the niners from 85 until Montana left. lol How you are actually comparing those receivers to the pats over the last 20 years is hysterical.

SF paid Roger Craig? Brent Jones? Taylor? I mentioned Taylor. All of those guys were drafted. DRAFTED. Do you know how many players BB drafted that were key to the second dynasty? Too many to count. BB drafted so well he couldn't resign all his great picks. He had to trade them in advance or choose 1-2 players over the 3rd player to stay under the cap and not get into fiscal trouble with the roster.

Outside of Rice, the SF players you listed above, are not HOFers.

This poster is my new favorite target. By the way Laurence Maroney totally sucked, it was high comedy when mcD spent a 4th rounder to bring Maroney to Denver. Awesome recommendation by his kid brother Ben, whose career has gone nowhere since. Trading up in the 1st round for Tim Tebow was also classic.

It's a good thing Brady was around to mask all the gaps in the play calling. Wouldn't be surprised if half the calls were being over ridden to a better play. But Brady would never say anything, he's too classy for anything like that.

Did you just say Leftwich is a "wonderful OC"?

So, Brady shows up and Leftwich is a "wonderful OC"?

Holy mackerel. I've seen some whack jobs in my day, but you may be in the hunt for the title.

Absolutely. Really enjoying the tremendous work being done by Byron Leftwich. That Bucs offense is putting up production not seen for 30 years. What a brilliant offensive mind. He's a much more exciting candidate than Josh McDaniels is in the offseason. Meanwhile the Pats offense has completely nose dived and the excuses about Cam won't mask a clear pattern of ineptitude since AB was cut till 2021 and ongoing.

Dude you're so close to finally getting it. It wasn't 2006, look at the 2005 game logs which coincides with skippy calling plays. Brady kept taking huge hits due to repeat shotgun in 2005 and 2006, because it's a total myth that shotgun somehow protects the QB, it does not, it leaves the QB exposed to big hits on long developing plays as you leave less players to help the OLine block, and also you lose the hesitation the defense has to account for a possible run first.

It's not Brady. It's skippy mcD with the one trick pony shotgun offense since 2005. In a massive coincidence Tom Brady played great 2TE football during the Bill O'Brien tenure while skippy went off to wreck the Denver franchise and StLouis offense.

You're so close. Keep digging. You'll get there. I believe in you.

Again with the one trick insult? Didnt you learn anything from the last one? Oh wait....you'd have to have more then 1 trick in your arguments to learn new things. Carry on.

Again with the one trick insult? Didnt you learn anything from the last one? Oh wait....you'd have to have more then 1 trick in your arguments to learn new things. Carry on.

I would so love to not point it out. Except look at game2. 2 great tight ends, we go shotgun 2/3 of the plays in the first half getting 3 sacks.

When idiocy happens, it will be pointed out. Maybe focus your energy on why the idiocy keeps happening

This poster is my new favorite target. By the way Laurence Maroney totally sucked, it was high comedy when mcD spent a 4th rounder to bring Maroney to Denver. Awesome recommendation by his kid brother Ben, whose career has gone nowhere since. Trading up in the 1st round for Tim Tebow was also classic.

It's a good thing Brady was around to mask all the gaps in the play calling. Wouldn't be surprised if half the calls were being over ridden to a better play. But Brady would never say anything, he's too classy for anything like that.
Brady gameplanned in NE and had full autonomy at the line. It's a good thing sucky Maroney got the 22 carries, 15 of them in the 4th to rescue Brady in the 2007 title game when the D also bailed him out. Pretty embarrassing. Laura Maroney.

Note how Kraft, BB and McD, Brady's good buddy on the weekends, all voted to walk away from him. It's not a mirage. They all showed him the door.

Next, Brady is not classy running off the field refusing to shake hands, throwing players under the bus unprofessionally on live tv and not taking any accountability. There are plenty of times Brady was a baby. Plenty.

Remember the game in 2011 in DC? He had Underwood wide open, but he waited and floated a duck for an INT. Again. Who was the OC? O'Brien. It's not McDaniels. If anything McDaniels provided a different perspective after he returned to the team and I am not even a McDaniels fan.

Brady then erupted and acted like the duck was a good throw. No, Tom. You were late and the throw sucked. That's why O'Brien came over to ask what the hell happened. And, any time a WR who was scapegoated by Brady, and then was cut, that WR could never defend himself.

I remember Brady going into Seattle in 2012 and throwing the game away after talking smack to Sherman before the game like an idiot and Brandon Lloyd was on that team, where he ended up with 74 receptions on the years as the 4th option.

Once you don't make Brady look good even if Brady sucked himself, Brady fires you. He wanted to protect his ego and stats and wanted a solution immediately, unwilling to work.

It's hilarious to me that some of you think BB didn't let Brady have any say on this team the entire time. His ego exploded, he was never wrong from 2007-2012, and it was only when he realized BB might actually replace him and trade him for such poor performances as a game manager, did Brady wake up again.

Thanks to Belichick. For everything.

Once again, you said Bill sold out to win a title. I asked what high priced free agent did he get? You named guys that were not only not high priced, but didnt stay long other than Gilmore. I'm sorry that Bill could not draft receivers as well as the niners did, but that does not make what you said correct. Wait wait....who was the hall of fame receivers Brady had besides Moss for 3 years? Rattle them off. Also I asked how long Montana had those guys compared to the short times Brady had good guys? I mean what if Moss was on the pats for 10 years? Rice was on the niners from 85 until Montana left. lol How you are actually comparing those receivers to the pats over the last 20 years is hysterical.
Why would you want "high priced" FA? Why? Why would you want a weaker team? Do you understand basic math?

How many "high priced" FAs join teams and win SBs, Felger? Do you have a math problem? Edelman was drafted. Branch was drafted. Givens was drafted. BB didn't actually draft a lot of WRs, especially higher up in the draft because he knew he'd need to find the right one and develop them.

Mitchell looked good, but his knee injuries ended his career. I like the way Meyers looks. Gunner may be able to morph into an Amendola guy.

Brady wanted pricey veterans in there to make it easy on him and to chase stats. These kinds of QBs don't win SBs. Are you new to the NFL? Brees and Rodgers are lethal HOF QBs and have 1 ring. They would have killed for a GM and Coach like BB.

You may have comprehension problems and for that I apologize, but comparing the pre Cap Era to the Cap Era, asking why Montana can have personnel around him for longer and Brady can't, means this discussion is over.

TB and Brady's window is closing. He's not playing until 50. HIs arrogance and ego can continue to say that, but Arians and their upcoming cap issues will show why BB was right.

Just ignore it if you don't want to analyze why the offense has issues. Just keep thinking it's all great.

Hard to ignore when you're spewing all over every thread.

Brady gameplanned in NE and had full autonomy at the line. It's a good thing sucky Maroney got the 22 carries, 15 of them in the 4th to rescue Brady in the 2007 title game when the D also bailed him out. Pretty embarrassing. Laura Maroney.

Note how Kraft, BB and McD, Brady's good buddy on the weekends, all voted to walk away from him. It's not a mirage. They all showed him the door.

Next, Brady is not classy running off the field refusing to shake hands, throwing players under the bus unprofessionally on live tv and not taking any accountability. There are plenty of times Brady was a baby. Plenty.

Remember the game in 2011 in DC? He had Underwood wide open, but he waited and floated a duck for an INT. Again. Who was the OC? O'Brien. It's not McDaniels. If anything McDaniels provided a different perspective after he returned to the team and I am not even a McDaniels fan.

Brady then erupted and acted like the duck was a good throw. No, Tom. You were late and the throw sucked. That's why O'Brien came over to ask what the hell happened. And, any time a WR who was scapegoated by Brady, and then was cut, that WR could never defend himself.

I remember Brady going into Seattle in 2012 and throwing the game away after talking smack to Sherman before the game like an idiot and Brandon Lloyd was on that team, where he ended up with 74 receptions on the years as the 4th option.

Once you don't make Brady look good even if Brady sucked himself, Brady fires you. He wanted to protect his ego and stats and wanted a solution immediately, unwilling to work.

It's hilarious to me that some of you think BB didn't let Brady have any say on this team the entire time. His ego exploded, he was never wrong from 2007-2012, and it was only when he realized BB might actually replace him and trade him for such poor performances as a game manager, did Brady wake up again.

Thanks to Belichick. For everything.

Awesome. Wow dissing Brady repeatedly and claiming Maroney was the man. You sound like a clown from 14 years ago. Maroney sucked so bad. He was hilariously bad at being decisive. I was so happy skippy mcD traded for him while he was completely destroying the Denver Broncos franchise.

Ben McDaniels was a terrible coach for recommending Maroney and his brother is a fraud who rode Tom Brady's coat tails for 15 years. Sorry if this angers your family.

You know so little yet you believe you know more than Brady about what makes a great OC, and the guy you want as the Patriots QB can’t even get a back up job in the NFL. You’re a poser.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back