PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Zone Problems on Offense for 3 Straight Years

Nothing worse than football fans with agendas.

NEM was on a whole other level but DropKickNewton is certainly headed down that path. You know it’s out of control when it makes its way into any thread it can, and that’s the case here. We could be discussing a free agent OL and he will find a way to grind his axe.

NEM was on a whole other level but DropKickNewton is certainly headed down that path. You know it’s out of control when it makes its way into any thread it can, and that’s the case here. We could be discussing a free agent OL and he will find a way to grind his axe.
Mods don't care and are asleep. They'll toss people out of threads over a itch on their ass but allow constant spam and trolling in almost every thread.

Man, you're sad.

You can't admit Brady acted like a turd in 2019, or skipped OTAs in 2018 for contract leverage and lost because BB already knew he was walking from the drama queen?

I said it for years: On BBs teams NO ONE is above the team, including Tommy Brady.

Keep on talking like a crazy person. You claimed elsewhere that Brady is the one insisting on shotgun. Even though he played great with 2TEs with Bill O'Brien and had maybe his most efficient season ever in a 12 personnel system . Show me how the Patriots playing shotgun this season is related to Tom Brady in Tampa. Or even any prior season. It's been skippy mcD one trick shotgun pony since 2005 for anyone paying attention.

Just ignore it if you don't want to analyze why the offense has issues. Just keep thinking it's all great.

Brady bailed because McDaniels converted the Pats to a crappy Denver'10 team without Gronk
You mean Brady just like everyone else couldn't win without hall of fame players on the team? Crazy, so who was carrying who again?

Keep on talking like a crazy person. You claimed elsewhere that Brady is the one insisting on shotgun. Even though he played great with 2TEs with Bill O'Brien and had maybe his most efficient season ever in a 12 personnel system . Show me how the Patriots playing shotgun this season is related to Tom Brady in Tampa. Or even any prior season. It's been skippy mcD one trick shotgun pony since 2005 for anyone paying attention.
False. Brady started it in 2002 under Weis. Are you newish to following this franchise? Go look at the gamelogs starting in 2006. It was all shotgun. Then, compare the logs after JimmyG was drafted and note the reduction in the shotgun use. Once Dillon was hobbling around on one foot in 2006, it allowed him to throw even more that year. That was partially out of necessity, to be fair.

In the 2nd half of the Indy game in 2006 in the title game loss, they kicked one FG and it was set up by an Ellis Hobbs 80 yard run back. The roots of the shotgun spread base and it's risk, as a feast or famine offense, go way back.

The same flaws happened in each title game in 2007 and 2011 and each SB vs the Giants. This is not a McDaniels thing. This is a Brady thing because Brady did it both under McD and O'Brien. You have it backwards. When BB brought McD back, it may have been McD himself who showed Brady his flaws and changed the approach. It's not a concidence. Have you read Mike Lombardi's book? BB asked him write a report on his opinion of the previous seasons failures. It's pretty damning.

Predictability can hurt playcalling, stall drives, stop the clock when you don't want the clock stopped, and achieve no balance, and certainly never get to playaction because you never committed to the run in the first half.

Remember the game in 2011 vs Miami on XMas Eve at home? They couldn't even get past mid field vs Miami!

False. Brady started it in 2002 under Weis. Are you newish to following this franchise? Go look at the gamelogs starting in 2006. It was all shotgun. Then, compare the logs after JimmyG was drafted and note the reduction in the shotgun use. Once Dillon was hobbling around on one foot in 2006, it allowed him to throw even more that year. That was partially out of necessity, to be fair.

In the 2nd half of the Indy game in 2006 in the title game loss, they kicked one FG and it was set up by an Ellis Hobbs 80 yard run back. The roots of the shotgun spread base and it's risk, as a feast or famine offense, go way back.

The same flaws happened in each title game in 2007 and 2011 and each SB vs the Giants. This is not a McDaniels thing. This is a Brady thing because Brady did it both under McD and O'Brien. You have it backwards. When BB brought McD back, it may have been McD himself who showed Brady his flaws and changed the approach. It's not a concidence. Have you read Mike Lombardi's book? BB asked him write a report on his opinion of the previous seasons failures. It's pretty damning.

Predictability can hurt playcalling, stall drives, stop the clock when you don't want the clock stopped, and achieve no balance, and certainly never get to playaction because you never committed to the run in the first half.

Remember the game in 2011 vs Miami on XMas Eve at home? They couldn't even get past mid field vs Miami!

Dude you're so close to finally getting it. It wasn't 2006, look at the 2005 game logs which coincides with skippy calling plays. Brady kept taking huge hits due to repeat shotgun in 2005 and 2006, because it's a total myth that shotgun somehow protects the QB, it does not, it leaves the QB exposed to big hits on long developing plays as you leave less players to help the OLine block, and also you lose the hesitation the defense has to account for a possible run first.

It's not Brady. It's skippy mcD with the one trick pony shotgun offense since 2005. In a massive coincidence Tom Brady played great 2TE football during the Bill O'Brien tenure while skippy went off to wreck the Denver franchise and StLouis offense.

You're so close. Keep digging. You'll get there. I believe in you.

Last edited:
I figured it out... Dropkick is really Murray from felger and Mazz

Dude you're so close to finally getting it. It wasn't 2006, look at the 2005 game logs which coincides with skippy calling plays. Brady kept taking huge hits due to repeat shotgun in 2005 and 2006, because it's a total myth that shotgun somehow protects the QB, it does not, it leaves the QB exposed to big hits on long developing plays as you leave less players to help the OLine block, and also you lose the hesitation the defense has to account for a possible run first.

It's not Brady. It's skippy mcD with the one trick pony shotgun offense since 2005. In a massive coincidence Tom Brady played great 2TE football during the Bill O'Brien tenure.

You're so close. Keep digging. You'll get there. I believe in you.

Weis was a superior. McD is the same age as Brady. Brady and McD are friends outside of work. The one who is not getting it is YOU. Weis would have told Brady to shut his mouth and get back under Center. You can blame McD all you want, but Brady ran that relationship. Brady had full autonomy at the line just like Manning. Whatever Manning had, Brady wanted. BB gave it to him.

BB deferred to Brady's wishes. I blame BB on some of this as well, but that's only because he's the coach and he has to own some of it. And, he did! He drafted JimmyG. But, I can't fault BB for wanting to make his QB happy. This garbage about BB being abusive and not wanting to support his QB is a load of crap.

Brady had 3 rings, but Manning got all the press. Get it? Brady wanted to catch up to Manning. Period. It's been corroborated with Brady's on emails about Manning. He was obsessed with not getting recognition, but it's a TEAM sport. Brady didn't do it all by himself. It's so disrespectful to the other players that worked hard.

Your problem is, you have an unhealthy Brady obsession like a lot of people do and you don't know the sport that well, or at least as well as you think.

Lastly, you keep trying to make a point, but you contradict yourself in the next sentence.

I'm not buying this. Those 2 are good friends and the same age. You could argue one fed the other too much in terms of wanting too much of the same goal too fast. BB asked McDaniels to come back by design in 2012 and Mike Lombardi was a consultant starting in 2010. Haven't you read his book?

The roots of Brady finally leaving were sown back in 2014 when Belichick drafted Garoppolo and Bill working with Garoppolo everyday. Brady knew what that meant.

Blaming Harry, Michel or Sanu is weird. They are newer players. BB sold out for the last couple titles, admitted it, and it worked.
Sold out with who? Who was the high priced player that came in to save the day?

Sold out with who? Who was the high priced player that came in to save the day?
BB explained that last year. Everything they did from 2014-2018 was to make one last run of it.

Revis. Gilmore

Chris Long

Bennett

I can go on for days with key pieces BB brought in via the draft, trade or FA to form that 2nd dynasty. "high priced"? I don't want "high priced" players if it's avoidable.

Odell Beckham is "high priced". How's he doing?

BB explained that last year. Everything they did from 2014-2018 was to make one last run of it.

Revis. Gilmore

Chris Long

Bennett

I can go on for days with key pieces BB brought in via the draft, trade or FA to form that 2nd dynasty. "high priced"? I don't want "high priced" players if it's avoidable.

Odell Beckham is "high priced". How's he doing?
Revis was here how long? Gilmore was paid like...a great corner gets paid...Chris Long???? LOL/. Bennett was not making ****. You said he sold out so they could win...teams bring in a piece here and there every year....one thing Bill didnt do was spent 150 mil in free agency....until this year...now that is selling out.

Revis was here how long? Gilmore was paid like...a great corner gets paid...Chris Long???? LOL/. Bennett was not making ****. You said he sold out so they could win...teams bring in a piece here and there every year....one thing Bill didnt do was spent 150 mil in free agency....until this year...now that is selling out.
Umm, BB rented Revis in genius fashion. Revis checked out the next year. And, BB had Butler. Remember? Why would any Pats fan who knows what they are talking about want Revis back after that small window he had left? My goodness.

“We always try to do what’s best for the team to win. Everything we’ve done for the last 20 years, and rightfully so, was for Tom Brady."

Just ignore it if you don't want to analyze why the offense has issues. Just keep thinking it's all great.

Blaming the same person over and over and over and over……………….and over and over and over and over………….and over and over and over X100,000,000 again is not what any sane person would call “ analysis.” Especially when the target has 6 SB rings, and the GOAT believes he’s the best OC there is. I realize you believe you know better, but that’s your little island, not reality.

Get Help ASAP

You can just zoom it now, go for it.

Umm, BB rented Revis in genius fashion. Revis checked out the next year. And, BB had Butler. Remember? Why would any Pats fan who knows what they are talking about want Revis back after that small window he had left? My goodness.

“We always try to do what’s best for the team to win. Everything we’ve done for the last 20 years, and rightfully so, was for Tom Brady."
I didnt say anything about wanting revis back. You said he sold out to win titles, maybe you need to go look up what that means. Actually, its more like everything they did the last 20 years was because of Tom Brady. Never paying great receivers, letting guys walk over and over. Lets just say there was a lot of slack that Brady could cover up, and now that is gone...and that is why the spending spree that never happened before.

I didnt say anything about wanting revis back. You said he sold out to win titles, maybe you need to go look up what that means. Actually, its more like everything they did the last 20 years was because of Tom Brady. Never paying great receivers, letting guys walk over and over. Lets just say there was a lot of slack that Brady could cover up, and now that is gone...and that is why the spending spree that never happened before.

Umm, yes, you did. You said "he was only here for 1 year", implying BB should have stupidly paid another primadonna, long term money.

Second, no, it's because we don't have a 25-30 mil per season QB to pay for. That's what it means. That's why we have money to spend along with the 2nd dynasty contracts coming off the books.

Slack of what exactly? This team has like 7 additional HOF players in the last 20 years. They've fielded top Ds and STs units, and Brady had Scarnecchia coaching his lines. Scar could easily be a HOFer himself. This narrative that Brady had no good players, coaches, or support, is appalling disinformation.

Why would he spend wildly on "great WRs" who gouge crappy teams for big contracts if you have the GOAT? Doesn't make sense, does it? If he is the GOAT, why does he need an All Star cast, a weakened mid roster, and possibly a crappier record at season's end? The NE Patriots aren't Tom Brady's personal fantasy football team.

The D and STs picked up Brady's slack in most of the SB wins, or to get to each of the Giants SBs themselves, even though those Ds weren't the strength of the teams. Slack my behind.

There are very few seasons Brady didn't have great weapons. Some of it was injury, some bad timing, some other reasons. He's had HOF WRs and a HOF TE in his career.

Outside of Jerry Rice, what did Montana have? John Taylor was very good. That was pre Cap Era, too. How come Bill Walsh didn't surround Montana with All Stars??!!! What a meanie!

Blaming the same person over and over and over and over……………….and over and over and over and over………….and over and over and over X100,000,000 again is not what any sane person would call “ analysis.” Especially when the target has 6 SB rings, and the GOAT believes he’s the best OC there is. I realize you believe you know better, but that’s your little island, not reality.

Get Help ASAP

You can just zoom it now, go for it.
He has an unhealthy love for Tom Brady. It's creepy. Maybe he's Guerrero and looking to do another rubdown.

Its not like you provide analysis. You couldn't talk football if your life depended on it.

I'd love to see you try to explain anything related to football.

Watching you and @NewEraWithMac is fun though. Like watching two re-tarded monkeys F a greased up football.

Umm, yes, you did. You said "he was only here for 1 year", implying BB should have stupidly paid another primadonna, long term money.

Second, no, it's because we don't have a 25-30 mil per season QB to pay for. That's what it means. That's why we have money to spend along with the 2nd dynasty contracts coming off the books.

Slack of what exactly? This team has like 7 additional HOF players in the last 20 years. They've fielded top Ds and STs units, and Brady had Scarnecchia coaching his lines. Scar could easily be a HOFer himself. This narrative that Brady had no good players, coaches, or support, is appalling disinformation.

Why would he spend wildly on "great WRs" who gouge crappy teams for big contracts if you have the GOAT? Doesn't make sense, does it? If he is the GOAT, why does he need an All Star cast, a weakened mid roster, and possibly a crappier record at season's end? The NE Patriots aren't Tom Brady's personal fantasy football team.

The D and STs picked up Brady's slack in most of the SB wins, or to get to each of the Giants SBs themselves, even though those Ds weren't the strength of the teams. Slack my behind.

There are very few seasons Brady didn't have great weapons. Some of it was injury, some bad timing, some other reasons. He's had HOF WRs and a HOF TE in his career.

Outside of Jerry Rice, what did Montana have? John Taylor was very good. That was pre Cap Era, too. How come Bill Walsh didn't surround Montana with All Stars??!!! What a meanie!
No, I didnt imply anything, you said BB sold out to win, you used revis as if they paid him 50 mil dollars and had him here for a long time. You used guys that barely made a one year impact as him selling out. He didnt. No, I would say brady in his 20 years, did not have the same talent pool as other QB's did. Some of that was bad drafting, some of that was not wanting to spend money on receivers and some of that was Bill knowing that Brady did not need an all star crew to win. Did you just ask what Montana had? lol, dude just stop. Let me ask you this. How long did Montana have Rice? How about taylor? How about Dwight clark? How about Soloman? Roger Craig? Brent Jones? Now how many years did he have those guys? What is the longest Brady had a so called hall of famer receiver? What is the longest Brady had the same receiving corp coming back every year?

Weis was a superior. McD is the same age as Brady. Brady and McD are friends outside of work. The one who is not getting it is YOU. Weis would have told Brady to shut his mouth and get back under Center. You can blame McD all you want, but Brady ran that relationship. Brady had full autonomy at the line just like Manning. Whatever Manning had, Brady wanted. BB gave it to him.

BB deferred to Brady's wishes. I blame BB on some of this as well, but that's only because he's the coach and he has to own some of it. And, he did! He drafted JimmyG. But, I can't fault BB for wanting to make his QB happy. This garbage about BB being abusive and not wanting to support his QB is a load of crap.

Brady had 3 rings, but Manning got all the press. Get it? Brady wanted to catch up to Manning. Period. It's been corroborated with Brady's on emails about Manning. He was obsessed with not getting recognition, but it's a TEAM sport. Brady didn't do it all by himself. It's so disrespectful to the other players that worked hard.

Your problem is, you have an unhealthy Brady obsession like a lot of people do and you don't know the sport that well, or at least as well as you think.

Lastly, you keep trying to make a point, but you contradict yourself in the next sentence.

It's downright hilarious how you're trying to denigrate Brady, greatest QB of all time. Absolutely love that you think it's been Brady behind all the shotgun. Even the shotgun now after he left!!

Brady isn't buds with mcD, stop it Ben McDaniels oops I mean NewEra. Brady is great with anybody he knows he has to work with for awhile. Brady has a fantastic relationship with Bruce Arians and Leftwich, and the entire Bucs roster. He's an excellent diplomat and also says all the right things to the media even if it's lying or protecting the team. Look at how he talks like a caveman with Gronk about tuddies on their Bucs weekly show, the guy is basically a very socially skilled person to maximize team performance.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back