PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Unis are BACK!

adding some more color to the thread

TWpx0m0.jpg

It's about f***ing time we get throwbacks!

Why are the Pats so behind the times when bringing in an alternate or throwback uniforms?

adding some more color to the thread

TWpx0m0.jpg

I understand that blue was needed somewhere on the jersey, and I don't have a particular plan B currently in mind, but I gotta think there's a better way of adding it up there without using the stripes to nowhere, short of changing the entire background to blue, such as the shade of blue on Pat's jacket, or the shade on the flag itself... which is really what they should've done to the jerseys in the first place during the '90s...

Last edited:

Why are the Pats so behind the times when bringing in an alternate or throwback uniforms?
They just got rid of the rule that said players had to wear one helmet all season. Since the throwbacks have a completely different helmet to the silver one they wear now, they couldn't have the red throwbacks. The first opportunity they got to bring them back, they brought them back.

Love those uniforms but still hate the Pat Patriot helmet...it screams failure

would have been nice to do the 90's throwbacks during the period when the NFL had the 1 helmet rule... would been something visually interesting to say the very least

They just got rid of the rule that said players had to wear one helmet all season. Since the throwbacks have a completely different helmet to the silver one they wear now, they couldn't have the red throwbacks. The first opportunity they got to bring them back, they brought them back.
For the Pat Patriot, yes. However, there was no excuse for the throwbacks for the 90's. Many teams in the NFL have found ways to work around the dumb helmet rule to give fans either alternates or throwbacks.

Bob has no excuse and is behind the times.

I guess I’m in the minority in regards to the cutoff stripes. I actually really like the way they cut off instead of continuing down to the armpit or whatever. Looks cool IMO. Maybe I’m the only one who thinks that. Well, me and Bobby.

The 93 uniforms were a solid slightly darker royal blue, with out the pin stripes, and had a smaller flying Elvis on the sleeve, with the player number on the shoulders ... the pants were cool... the stripes were stylized going from solid blue to stripped blue to a striped red before tailing off just above the side of the knee...
I was thinking about the lighter royal blue with those terrible pinstripes.

I guess I’m in the minority in regards to the cutoff stripes. I actually really like the way they cut off instead of continuing down to the armpit or whatever. Looks cool IMO. Maybe I’m the only one who thinks that. Well, me and Bobby.
I’m fine with the current stripes too. It’s a more contemporary look. I’m not sure why so many Pats fans get worked up about them.

If this is the worse thing we had to worry about today...then I think were good.

'Select games'...could be 3 games ?
I think it is 3 the maximum allowed for an "alternate" uniform
Maybe one of the games will be Thanksgiving. We're on the road vs Minnesota, but I remember in 2010 on Thanksgiving we wore red against the Lions who wore blue throwbacks in the same game, so maybe a similar deal might happen again.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back