PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reconsidering BB's Coonection with Urban Meyer

JerseyShore99

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Are they even friends anymore? I hope so, love both of them, both great coaches but how many times has Urban Meyer screwed over BB with his recommendations compared to a guy like Greg Schiano? Belichick's list of Meyer players have many talented guys who just aren't what BB thought they would be. That list includes and goes back almost a decade and includes players like Chad Jackson (bust), Hernandez (jail, murder suspect), Spikes (pissed BB off to the point of his departure), Cunningham (underachiever, cut, suspended for PEDS, currently in Rex Ryan's ****hole while Ryan tries making Pats losers into Jets players as payback for Woodhead), Demps (traded, never played in NE, quit football for track), TeBlow (cut, embarrassed Kraft in 2013 training camp) while Schiano has gave the Pats a star FS and two rising DB stars and maybe an athletic WR in Harrison among other short lived talented players (Scott, Francis) but would BB consider reopening this Meyer-connection for Ohio State prospects?
They have lots of talent, some with baggage (Hall, Hyde, Roby) but a great connection to have. Last years Ohio State draft class featured prospects like John Hankins and three prospects I loved for NE last year in John Simon, Reid Fragel, and Orhian Johnson. This year they offer Shazier, Roby, Hyde, Mewhort, Linsley, Norwell, Barnett, Jordan and Marcus Hall, and Kenny Guiton. I wouldn't mind seeing any of these guys in NE and already love Shazier, Hyde, Roby, the unrelated Hall's and even Guiton. I've loved Meyer coached players since his Utah days and wouldn't mind BB drafting a few Meyer guys in 2014.

Guiton's the guy for me. Feel positive about him coming here which probably means he won't.

He's one of only two QBs that we know we've had contact with so very possibly.
I actually love Shaw...far more than Guiton for many reasons but I think BB will like Guiton more

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back