PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Urban Meyer put on paid leave by Ohio State.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol Where's Clay Davis when you really need him?

Bullsheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Except Zach Smith apologized by revealed text messages to his wife for choking her multiple times. He also admitted spending state funds on a recruiting trip on a strip club evening out on a high school coach.
I’ve heard about his attempt at justifying his actions via the “I had to try and get her off of me” defense, but I’m not totally sure that the second part of your statement is accurate. I thought I remembered them specifying in the report that the money spent at the strip club was via his own personal funds.

At any rate, the guy is obviously a loose cannon and a scumbag. He’s lucky that his grandfather was Earl Bruce, or he’d have been fired early on.

lol Where's Clay Davis when you really need him?

Bullsheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

I’m sure there’s some BS in there, but why should Urban freaking Meyer need to apologize to Courtney Smith for her husband (allegedly and without charges) striking her?

That seems to be where we disagree a bit. The amount of responsibility that he had, particularly when the authorities and his superiors did not find reason to pursue it.

I still can't believe this BS...3 games...

I’ve heard about his attempt at justifying his actions via the “I had to try and get her off of me” defense, but I’m not totally sure that the second part of your statement is accurate. I thought I remembered them specifying in the report that the money spent at the strip club was via his own personal funds.

At any rate, the guy is obviously a loose cannon and a scumbag. He’s lucky that his grandfather was Earl Bruce, or he’d have been fired early on.
You could be correct and I could be wrong on the source of funding for the strip junket. And I wasn't trying to be argumentative with you because you're always reasoned and logical in your posts. I just think as adults in charge of guys who are still actually kids, the coaches need to be far better than this dip#### was. Not perfect, but better than him.

I like Crossen, i hope he finds a way to make the team

You could be correct and I could be wrong on the source of funding for the strip junket. And I wasn't trying to be argumentative with you because you're always reasoned and logical in your posts. I just think as adults in charge of guys who are still actually kids, the coaches need to be far better than this dip#### was. Not perfect, but better than him.
Didn’t take it that way at all buddy, but I appreciate your statement. Ultimately, there are going to be a lot of different opinions on the matter, so some disagreement is expected.

Any way you look at it, I do hope that Meyer learns something from the situation.

I'm still wondering why people are expecting the NCAA to act appropriately when it comes to infractions by players, coaches and even faculty. Colleges are as deep a cesspool as the NYFL, maybe deeper.

I still can't believe this BS...3 games...
It’s a joke, but one I expected.

Any Urban Meyer apologist being honest with themselves would admit that he got a slap on the wrist because he is a great football coach and not because of his actions.

If Urban Meyer was 40-20 in his time at OSU, he’d have been fired. But since he is a nation champion coach, he gets a slap on the wrist.

For the pitchfork waving crowd with the glow sticks, here’s something that’s actually pretty disturbing :

The NCAA has found that no violations occurred in the Larry Nassar case at Michigan St, where “hundreds” of girls and young women were assaulted, and many on the staff had (allegedly) turned their backs to the constant rumors over the years.

The reasoning, you ask? Because “the NCAA is not intended to be an extension of law enforcement,” and because this scandal did not bring about any competitive advantages. Just something to keep in mind while you’re up in arms about someone who didn’t fire an assistant coach who had previously been cleared by law enforcement after a lengthy 7 month investigation for possible domestic instances.

NCAA finds no rules violations in Nassar scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes