PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

You are delusional. Brady was 42 going on 43 when he left and had Brady not forced them to a no franchise tag Bill probably would have used it to keep him thru age 43. Bill was wrong not to give him the deal he wanted thru 45 but you are again way over the top to call him delusional due to old age because of it.
You hurt my feelings by insulting me.

Delusional as in he wanted Brady gone and thought Stidham and a broken down Newton were adequate replacements to keep winning.

If that is not delusional; what is?

Delusional as in he wanted Brady gone and thought Stidham and a broken down Newton were adequate replacements to keep winning.

You're just not being accurate.

If Brady wanted to stay Bill signs him again.

Bill wouldn't give him a 3 year extension before the start of the 2019 is not the same thing as not wanting him for 2020.

Bill was wrong. But delusional no and delusional because of old age also no.

On the surface it's very reasonable not to give a 42 year old a 3 extension. It was Tom f'ing Brady he should have given him whatever he wants but again we aren't talking about right your claiming delusion.

Yes, most of these were ridiculous additions. Throwing darts at the wall. Most were relatively cheap. Thomas was done, Dorsett nothing special, Gordon done and a head case. Sand was another guy super slow, but had a good game against the Pats so let’s go get him. Brown was a desperation headcase picked up in September when all the other garbage options failed. Steelers were fed up and traded to the raiders and they were so fed up with his antics they cut him shortly signing him. There was no plan going into 2019 to give Brady legit weapons. It was all just throwing thing at the wall and hoping something would stick. None did.
Sanu was actually after Brady. But at the end of the day, the point is that there was no grand plan to neglect Brady and win with defense, since they expended a lot of capital on receivers that year, a 1st, a 2nd, a 4th, a 6th, and I forget the player we traded for Dorsett. We should have never went all out like that just because we were coming to the end of the road.

Bill wouldn't give him a 3 year extension before the start of the 2019 is not the same thing as not wanting him for 2020.

On the surface it's very reasonable not to give a 42 year old a 3 extension. It was Tom f'ing Brady he should have given him whatever he wants but again we aren't talking about right your claiming delusion.
Not accurate.

Tom said he was not signing another deal with the Patriots.

Bro what.happened to Liverpool

I don't want to start guessing alternative possibilities anymore than I think "valid reasons I can think of justify benching" matters.

Let's just say there have been other key players in various other SBs that missed games for various reasons some of them personal and I bet one or two of them would have appreciated if their coach could have kept things in house the way Bill did. That's not to say any of those things is what occurred just as a counterpoint to your valid reasons.
In those cases were other players vocal about their displeasure over the decision to bench that player in the Super Bowl with some of their teammates saying they felt "cheated" by that decision? That happened with us.

And with posting of tweets from crawhammer, the Dynasty thread has officially jumped the shark.
happy-days-the-fonz.gif

In those cases were other players vocal about their displeasure over the decision to bench that player in the Super Bowl with some of their teammates saying they felt "cheated" by that decision? That happened with us.
I believe in those cases the players took the brunt of the blame and that was my point. I am sure the players would have appreciated it being kept private instead of having their names drove thru the mud.

Not accurate.

Tom said he was not signing another deal with the Patriots.

Yet he negotiated all off-season during 2019. It wasn't until August that he demanded the no franchise tag. And at that point he was not signing another deal. Both things are accurate.

If Bill just gave him the 3 year extension he stays by not giving in it forced Brady to make this decision. Then when the next off-season came there was nothing that could be done Kraft and Bill figured they'd get a chance but Brady went to Krafts and said he was not signing another deal with the Patriots.

Kraft even said it when Brady came to his house, we should call Bill and tell him. Calling him to tell him something he already knew wouldn't make sense.

Amendola was a crybaby. Slater: we trust our coach, it's his call.

Amendola was always disgruntled because of his contract

Yet he negotiated all off-season during 2019. It wasn't until August that he demanded the no franchise tag. And at that point he was not signing another deal. Both things are accurate.

If Bill just gave him the 3 year extension he stays by not giving in it forced Brady to make this decision. Then when the next off-season came there was nothing that could be done Kraft and Bill figured they'd get a chance but Brady went to Krafts and said he was not signing another deal with the Patriots.

Kraft even said it when Brady came to his house, we should call Bill and tell him. Calling him to tell him something he already knew wouldn't make sense.
There's enough fog in this story that no one knows the true answer.

I was not aware of how important Guerrero was to all of this.

Remember, Brady showed up on Stephen Ross's boat long before August, and if he was already making deals with Ross (and he hoped Flores) there's no one to put the genie back in the bottle.

Kraft reinstating Guerrero basically ruined the entire structure of the team. Everyone knew that Belichick and the strength training coaches had been undermined. And to top it off, Brady was already out the door.

You can tell in the documentary that the only time Brady let his guard down to be highly critical of Belichick was when it came to Guerrero. His voice raised, he was angry.

The whole thing was horrendously handled by Kraft.

If he was going to undermine Belichick on Brady's behalf, he should have just fired Belichick.

There's no point alienating your coach when your already alienated QB is already out the door anyway.

Bro what.happened to Liverpool
That was horrendous. Against the worst possible team too. We did not kill the game off when we should have and that came back to hunt us.

Was in a foul mood all day yesterday. The only upside, if that, is potentially 2 less game in a very congested next couple months.

Amendola was a crybaby. Slater: we trust our coach, it's his call.

Amendola was always disgruntled because of his contract
"We trust our coach is his call" isn't really an endorsement imo. Also wasn't just Amendola. Interesting to hear Browner call it foolish pride and referring to a divided lockerroom.

Last edited:
I believe in those cases the players took the brunt of the blame and that was my point. I am sure the players would have appreciated it being kept private instead of having their names drove thru the mud.
Would have also been kept private if he played. Again it's the Super Bowl not a week 6 game where nobody would care if you miss a week.

What would you call replacing Brady with Stidham? Broken down Newton was not even part of the plan.

Stupid? Incompetent? Crazy? I was being nice when I blamed his delusion on old age.

Obviously there is an element of tongue in cheek but whatever you want to call it, it is insanity.

so you deny it?
Yes, I wanted him gone after he threw away a SB. As I said that is very different from saying I want him fired knowing he would win 1 the next year.

Again - reading comprehension.

Yes, I wanted him gone after he threw away a SB. As I said that is very different from saying I want him fired knowing he would win 1 the next year.

Again - reading comprehension.
LOL, it's the same thing. You wanted the guy fired and he went on to win another Super Bowl, which we wouldn't have won if he was fired!!

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back