PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

This documentary isn't as anti-Bill as I thought it'd be so far. It's there though, just not as much as I thought.

It makes Brady look bad too tbh. Makes him look like he was a mid qb with low self esteem, lol

Patriots fans are beyond spoiled. It doesn't go on forever.

The players were old. The cap was maxed. It would have been absolutely hopeless to run it back out again, especially because of the draft capital we squandered with deflategate and trades for vets.

It was time to start again.

Other teams understand this. The 49ers. The Packers. Others.
Blah blah blah. All we know for a fact is we never sucked more than 1 year while Bady was here. The sucking is relative too as we made the playoffs every year.

Getting rid of Brady was our downfall. That is fact. Everything else is conjecture and excuse making.

Matt Light was on Zo’s radio show today and they discussed the Aaron Hernandez episode. Light said that Hernandez was a jerk and admitted to fighting him in the locker room. He said he was a chameleon, acting like a gangster ******* when it was just the players but when Kraft or Belichick were there he’d suck up to them. He also said that it’s true that Belichick had a longer leash for Hernandez.
I got lucky and caught most of that. Light was great as always. Hearing him talk about players having different perspectives and seeing the pain on Junior Seau's face in the locker room after the 07 SB was gut wrenching.

That's the kind of thing I was hoping to see more of in the series. I want to hear all sides from the people involved, especially the players.

This documentary isn't as anti-Bill as I thought it'd be so far. It's there though, just not as much as I thought.

It makes Brady look bad too tbh. Makes him look like he was a mid qb with low self esteem, lol
That reminds me of my son's answer when I asked him about the costs of moving to LA. He said that it wasn't much worse than Boston, as if that was a good thing.

The folks who've taken a hit in my eyes have been the Krafts. They're coming across as blaming Bill for the negatives. If Bill was so wrong then they should have sent him packing.

because he told mangini don't go to the jets and when he did he turned into a snitch. did they mention the jets doing the same thing ?
That's how the Dynasty show spun it but I don't believe it for a second. First off, Belichick snitched on Mangini first in 2006 and the NFL didn't care.

The reason had to do with the relationship between the media, Kraft and the NFL. All three are in cahoots. The media gets its money covering the NFL so they ignore obvious responses to Spygate. Kraft highlights that he called Belichick a schmuck and we never hear Belichick's side of the story. The NFL railroads the guy and the team.

Taken all together, Belichick realizes that engaging the media, Kraft or the NFL to defend his reputation is a no-win proposition. This is why people refuse to talk about Spygate, why even Brady won't bring up and discuss Deflategate. He's part-owner of the Raiders now and he wants to maybe do TV.

I got lucky and caught most of that. Light was great as always. Hearing him talk about players having different perspectives and seeing the pain on Junior Seau's face in the locker room after the 07 SB was gut wrenching.

That's the kind of thing I was hoping to see more of in the series. I want to hear all sides from the people involved, especially the players.
You mean Rupert Murdoch wasn't compelling lol. This probably could have and should have been done with only players and ex coaches.

Blah blah blah. All we know for a fact is we never sucked more than 1 year while Bady was here. The sucking is relative too as we made the playoffs every year.

Getting rid of Brady was our downfall. That is fact. Everything else is conjecture and excuse making.
This is the dunderhead way to look at things.

Analyze football, look at how teams get built, look at how teams get old.

You have a 2 year window to look at the entirety of the picture of something that has never been done before. When Belichick arrived, the team was headed down, more losses each and every year since 1996 (when Belichick ran the defense and departed). (1995 they had 10 losses).

He quickly turns around the team, uses Brady as a game manager in the playoffs (let's face it, all the playoff fames were won by the defense and special teams, the offense didn't do very much at all, heck Bledsoe was QB for the AFCCG).

Fast forward to the end of the SB wins: 3 pts given up to one of the top offenses in the history of the NFL.

If you think this is nothing, you don't know football.

I know Bledsoe wasn't the QB for the AFCCG. Brady was until he got hurt in the game.
Please. Brady got hurt in the first half. Points scored by offense: ZERO! Bledsoe came in and lead them to their only TD in the first half. He deserves credit for helping to win that game.

This isn't to denigrate Brady at all. Just pointing out it was a defense lead championship season.

That reminds me of my son's answer when I asked him about the costs of moving to LA. He said that it wasn't much worse than Boston, as if that was a good thing.

The folks who've taken a hit in my eyes have been the Krafts. They're coming across as blaming Bill for the negatives. If Bill was so wrong then they should have sent him packing.
Yeah I REALLY hated how in the Hernandez episode, Kraft was trying to blame Belichick for not doing enough.

That's how the Dynasty show spun it but I don't believe it for a second. First off, Belichick snitched on Mangini first in 2006 and the NFL didn't care.

The reason had to do with the relationship between the media, Kraft and the NFL. All three are in cahoots. The media gets its money covering the NFL so they ignore obvious responses to Spygate. Kraft highlights that he called Belichick a schmuck and we never hear Belichick's side of the story. The NFL railroads the guy and the team.

Taken all together, Belichick realizes that engaging the media, Kraft or the NFL to defend his reputation is a no-win proposition. This is why people refuse to talk about Spygate, why even Brady won't bring up and discuss Deflategate. He's part-owner of the Raiders now and he wants to maybe do TV.
You talking about Mangini leaving being spun? It was reported at the time that Bill told Mangini not to take the job and that he wasn't ready yet to be a HC. He told him wait a year and he'll help him get a job with another team along with giving him his books he had compiled on how to build/coach a team.

You talking about Mangini leaving being spun? It was reported at the time that Bill told Mangini not to take the job and that he wasn't ready yet to be a HC. He told him wait a year and he'll help him get a job with another team along with giving him his books he had compiled on how to build/coach a team.
No... I'm talking about Spygate. There's no doubt Belichick hates the Jets and didn't want Mangini to go there. But I'm referring to the idea that Belichick felt like he was somehow backstabbed by the Jets pointing out the camera man.

How is that even possible when the Patriots did it to the Jets the prior year? It's the same exact thing.

In fact, I'd go a step further. Mangini was only reciprocating for what Belichick did the prior year.

This is the dunderhead way to look at things.

Analyze football, look at how teams get built, look at how teams get old.

You have a 2 year window to look at the entirety of the picture of something that has never been done before. When Belichick arrived, the team was headed down, more losses each and every year since 1996 (when Belichick ran the defense and departed). (1995 they had 10 losses).

He quickly turns around the team, uses Brady as a game manager in the playoffs (let's face it, all the playoff fames were won by the defense and special teams, the offense didn't do very much at all, heck Bledsoe was QB for the AFCCG).

Fast forward to the end of the SB wins: 3 pts given up to one of the top offenses in the history of the NFL.

If you think this is nothing, you don't know football.
Yes the defense was great, but they don't get to any of those super bowls without Tom, sorry.

Plenty of really good defenses don't get to Super Bowls. You need a generational "best defense ever" type of defense (e.g. 2000 ravens, 2015 broncos) to get there.

Brady led countless game winning drives in their playoff runs, and his ability to productive and provide stability with the offense schemes and ever-changing personnel is not something many QBs - even most of the greats - could have pulled off.

Brady needed to be pain-stakingly meticulous and detail-oriented with his processing and game management in a way that most guys can't.

Even that 01 Raiders game, plenty great QBs like Peyton would have played worse in that game. In a blizzard, against a defense that forced turnovers all season, with a running game that was bad, and a limited receiving corps, and an average but nothing special OC calling plays, etc. Brady had to throw 50 times with those conditions against a raiders defense that knew he had to throw.

All 3 look bad: Kraft looks naive and weak at times, what you said about Brady, and Bill is a ****.

The difference is who spoke out. Kraft is there spinning it his way. Brady, surprisingly says very little but comes across honest. Bill is just digging himself a hole.

The director took the book and then followed the leads based on the interviews to tell the story of the 3 main characters. He's not holding back or trying to protect anyone. He's letting the narrative and historical context speak for itself.

Anyone close minded enough to get triggered by this series because it's not a rah, rah story about the "best" moments of the franchise is as weak as Kraft looks.

The real story is how the franchise was so successful despite the flaws of the 3 main characters and their complex relationships.

That's just not true. Director asked Bill for his comments and Bill refused to address it. So, Director cuts into a detailed interview with Bill at the time. Bill makes his explanations in the interview, says everyone was doing it, but when pressed by the reporter, he admits it was "clearly" the wrong thing to do it.

You mean Rupert Murdoch wasn't compelling lol. This probably could have and should have been done with only players and ex coaches.
I think Rupert being an eyewitness to Putin stealing the ring from Kraft and Kraft doing nothing about it, made Kraft look weak AF.

The only person I wish they would've interviewed on the deflategate story was that Washington Post (Sally?) reporter who was lambasting Goodell and the NFL during the entire fiasco instead of the dumb local reporter woman. She would've brought more context than that dumb blonde.

When Belichick arrived, the team was headed down, more losses each and every year since 1996 (when Belichick ran the defense and departed). (1995 they had 10 losses).

He quickly turns around the team
You know, some of us were alive back then. This is just more of your BS.

1996: 11-5 (lost SB) Parcells
1997: 10-6 (lost Div) Carroll
1998: 9-7 (lost WC) Carroll
1999: 8-8 (no playoffs) Carroll
2000: 5-11 (no playoffs) Belichick
2001: 0-2 then Brady saves Belichick from getting fired.

Carroll never had a losing season and made playoffs in 2 of his 3 seasons. Belichick tanked his 1st season. Brady saved his career from then on.

All 3 look bad: Kraft looks naive and weak at times, what you said about Brady, and Bill is a ****.

The difference is who spoke out. Kraft is there spinning it his way. Brady, surprisingly says very little but comes across honest. Bill is just digging himself a hole.

The director took the book and then followed the leads based on the interviews to tell the story of the 3 main characters. He's not holding back or trying to protect anyone. He's letting the narrative and historical context speak for itself.

Anyone close minded enough to get triggered by this series because it's not a rah, rah story about the "best" moments of the franchise is as weak as Kraft looks.

The real story is how the franchise was so successful despite the flaws of the 3 main characters and their complex relationships.
Right. I just wish they didn't skip over certain events in favor of others and pick and choose which sides of the narrative to focus on

I think Rupert being an eyewitness to Putin stealing the ring from Kraft and Kraft doing nothing about it, made Kraft look weak AF.

The only person I wish they would've interviewed on the deflategate story was that Washington Post (Sally?) reporter who was lambasting Goodell and the NFL during the entire fiasco instead of the dumb local reporter woman. She would've brought more context than that dumb blonde.
I dunno about the Kraft/Putin thing. Kraft's gonna start an international incident by demanding his ring back in front of everyone? It's a ring. He can get it remade. I think Putin had home field advantage, and Kraft was intimidated to begin with. He lost the ring before he even knew he was gonna show it to Putin.
Lord Of The Rings Bridezilla GIF by Max

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back