PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

I think there's something to interviewing a subject and where they are emotionally at that moment. Look at NFL 100, and Bill and Tom were in that moment, and it showed. When Bill was interviewed for the Do You Jobs, they were filmed fairly close to the Super Bowls, and they were all clearly basking in it still. Then there's the layer of trust that Bill has for NFL Films, and you end up with him being very open, because he knows if he says something he regrets, they'll take it out. With this project, he clearly is guarded, he knows the team is not good, and my guess is he's withdrawing even more, trusting fewer and fewer people. The product on the field certainly shows that.

Kraft, same way. At the very least, with Bill's age, he knows the end is very near, even if he's fielding a great team. Bill's not fielding a great team, so Kraft is no doubt looking at it very skeptically. There's gotta be a big tinge of regret too. He didn't meddle in the team, and he has gotta be wishing he kept Tom instead. Not that they would have won more, but maybe he could have done something different as far back as 2018. Who knows?
I think there's a feeling among the Krafts that it's time to "take their team back." That after Tom was gone (and even before), Bill was the face of the franchise and its decisions. He got all the credit for the correct decisions that the Krafts (more or less) participated in. But, they also want to make it clear they disagreed with some of them (even if they didn't do anything about it) and now they're going to be front and center during the rebuilding. I'm not sure it's working out really well for them, but I'm sure they have plenty of yes men and women telling them how great they're doing.

I think there's a feeling among the Krafts that it's time to "take their team back." That after Tom was gone (and even before), Bill was the face of the franchise and its decisions. He got all the credit for the correct decisions that the Krafts (more or less) participated in. But, they also want to make it clear they disagreed with some of them (even if they didn't do anything about it) and now they're going to be front and center during the rebuilding. I'm not sure it's working out really well for them, but I'm sure they have plenty of yes men and women telling them how great they're doing.
I don't know, Mike. I think they learned their lesson with Parcells. I think they'll take credit for Wolf and Mayo and being able to move on from Bill's old school ways, but I don't see them suddenly becoming Jerry Jones either. I think the football people will still run it, and I think the Krafts will hold them accountable.

It seems clear that Kraft would not have stuck with Tom over Drew. It seems clear the Kraft knows he would have been wrong. I think he's uncomfortable with how it went, but he made billions, so he's willing to hold his nose. I think he will continue to let the football people make the decisions, and he will hold them accountable.

It may have been as simple as they won SB36, Kraft knew Bill was right, as distasteful as the Krafts found it. They had a guy who could make the soulless, emotionless decisions that they couldn't. They were stuck with him. I don't think they ever had the warm fuzzies for Bill that they did for Drew, Tom and Mac. Bill was a means to an end.

Last edited:
I don't know, Mike. I think they learned their lesson with Parcells. I think they'll take credit for Wolf and Mayo and being able to move on from Bill's old school ways, but I don't see them suddenly becoming Jerry Jones either. I think the football people will still run it, and I think the Krafts will hold them accountable.
Sorry, I didn't mean that I think they're going to become Jerry, just that they've felt like their contributions were probably not being recognized and it's time for them to step forward a little. I don't expect them to be making Mayo or Wolf's decisions for them, but at the same time, I do wonder about them not giving either one final say.

Sorry, I didn't mean that I think they're going to become Jerry, just that they've felt like their contributions were probably not being recognized and it's time for them to step forward a little. I don't expect them to be making Mayo or Wolf's decisions for them, but at the same time, I do wonder about them not giving either one final say.
I think it's going to be the same as it was from their point of view. Inspect what you expect, and hold accountable. I do think they'll be more visible than they were with Bill. It's going to be a much more media friendly New England Patriots.

I think there's something to interviewing a subject and where they are emotionally at that moment. Look at NFL 100, and Bill and Tom were in that moment, and it showed. When Bill was interviewed for the Do You Jobs, they were filmed fairly close to the Super Bowls, and they were all clearly basking in it still. Then there's the layer of trust that Bill has for NFL Films, and you end up with him being very open, because he knows if he says something he regrets, they'll take it out. With this project, he clearly is guarded, he knows the team is not good, and my guess is he's withdrawing even more, trusting fewer and fewer people. The product on the field certainly shows that.

Kraft, same way. At the very least, with Bill's age, he knows the end is very near, even if he's fielding a great team. Bill's not fielding a great team, so Kraft is no doubt looking at it very skeptically. There's gotta be a big tinge of regret too. He didn't meddle in the team, and he has gotta be wishing he kept Tom instead. Not that they would have won more, but maybe he could have done something different as far back as 2018. Who knows?
Agree with all of that but something else must've happened inside the building. Idk what. Bill continuing to disrespect Kraft. Mocking Kraft's cause by wearing the pin on his stomach. Maybe even blatantly sabotaging the team. There's no doubt that when Kraft came out w/ his statements during the '22 offseason and again the '23 offseason, it was a shot across Bill's bow. Yet, almost no one expected Kraft to fire Bill. I wanted him fired years ago but didn't think Kraft had the balls to do it. Now all of this. I doubt we"ll find out since this series probably ends in 2019.

Agree with all of that but something else must've happened inside the building. Idk what. Bill continuing to disrespect Kraft. Mocking Kraft's cause by wearing the pin on his stomach. Maybe even blatantly sabotaging the team. There's no doubt that when Kraft came out w/ his statements during the '22 offseason and again the '23 offseason, it was a shot across Bill's bow. Yet, almost no one expected Kraft to fire Bill. I wanted him fired years ago but didn't think Kraft had the balls to do it. Now all of this. I doubt we"ll find out since this series probably ends in 2019.
I'm not on the pin location is a dig team. I know you don't like Bill and everything is filtered thru that, but I am not on board with it. In the end, it's about football and Bill's failure to field a winning team.

Yup, this whole mess has blown up in Kraft's face and clearly shows that he was already moving on from Bill when it was made. The funny thing is that The Dynasty has done the exact opposite of what the Krafts intended. They drop another notch every time they take a shot at Bill.
I really dont think so. Some fans may see it this way but the krafts will get what they wanted. The media on their side.

Zo and Beetle saw all 10 episodes and said if your in this for a straight ahead football doc, look elsewhere. The first 3 episodes were the warm, cuddly ones that make you feel good. The rest is the drama between BB, Brady, and Kraft.

They said a few things I found interesting. One is that Brady kicked Aaron Hernandez out of practice one day. The other is that both Slater and McCourty are very upfront about what was going on. They don’t paint a rosy picture.

I'm not on the pin location is a dig team. I know you don't like Bill and everything is filtered thru that, but I am not on board with it. In the end, it's about football and Bill's failure to field a winning team.
In BB's defense....uh, I guess not.

In BB's defense....uh, I guess not.
I mean... All this drama that's coming out of the Dynasty... none of that **** matters when they are winning. Losing and drama and it's sucks to be around? It's not a difficult decision to move on.

Sure, the football record was 100% the reason for moving on. I thought we were talking about the series, and the accusations against kraft making bill look bad.

I heard the producer specifically state that kraft told him to follow the truth, to tell it like it is. If that's the case, then I'm all for it. I mean everyone was lauding AH before the murders came out. The truth matters. It adds context to the personality of an individual. None of us are perfect.

Now, given that, the question is why would kraft want that? It's certainly not because the team was going into the ****ter (unknown at the time of the filming). All I'm saying is something more must've happened for kraft to invite an outsider to open the curtain to see the real man behind it. I just find it interesting I guess, but I get it, you're not into gossip. Where's @RobertWeathers when you need him?

Sure, the football record was 100% the reason for moving on. I thought we were talking about the series, and the accusations against kraft making bill look bad.

I heard the producer specifically state that kraft told him to follow the truth, to tell it like it is. If that's the case, then I'm all for it. I mean everyone was lauding AH before the murders came out. The truth matters. It adds context to the personality of an individual. None of us are perfect.

Now, given that, the question is why would kraft want that? It's certainly not because the team was going into the ****ter (unknown at the time of the filming). All I'm saying is something more must've happened for kraft to invite an outsider to open the curtain to see the real man behind it. I just find it interesting I guess, but I get it, you're not into gossip. Where's @RobertWeathers when you need him?
I guess I am not following you on this one.

On the bolded part... Why wouldn't Kraft know it was going in the ****ter? He's the only one in a six state region who didn't? Dude had a front row seat. He gave Bill the control and then stood by the guy who had made him even more wealthy until it was untenable. Let's go back a bit. I posted earlier that I don't think Kraft had the warm fuzzies for Bill like he did for players. Bill was ruthless... the most ruthless guy maybe... in a ruthless business, and Kraft let him be that because it worked, because they won. When they stopped winning, Kraft gave Bill enough rope to hang himself. Inspect what you expect, hold accountable. Bill wasn't getting it done, he was gone. Maybe Kraft was finally relieved to divest himself of Bill. Maybe he, like Tom, had had enough of Bill's ****. Maybe the pin thing set Kraft sideways. I don't think Kraft ever loved Bill like he did Drew and Tom. I think it was business. Business sucked, move on to the next guy.

200.gif

Not a breer fan but as per him krafts send a copy of the book to the seaon ticket holders on which the series is based on. Its their version of events

I've been watching it and enjoying the replays and candid comments by the players and others involved. BB remains the same haha. He looks like he is in an interrogation giving his name, rank and serial number. I dont blame him, they made him that way.The media is going to distort and spin everything, screw them. We Patriot fans lived through all this so we know how this team overcame so much and was truly different. The Patriot way was real.

Might not be gossip per se but I absolutely think Bob wants some acknowledgement for his role in Dynasty 1 and 2.

Might also be a infomercial for his HoF candidacy.

I was in the Herald twice, once with a "she can play" Terry Glenn sign meeting Kraft, and once in the parking lots, partying with a big guy in a Colts jersey for a home opener after one of the SB wins. Great times!

You were the girl with the buck teeth and the Eason jersey,right?

I mean... All this drama that's coming out of the Dynasty... none of that **** matters when they are winning. Losing and drama and it's sucks to be around? It's not a difficult decision to move on.
Ok. Sure. As owner you can change what you need to change in any manner you care to make. But make a documentary with essentially one goal in mind.
I guess I am not following you on this one.

On the bolded part... Why wouldn't Kraft know it was going in the ****ter? He's the only one in a six state region who didn't? Dude had a front row seat. He gave Bill the control and then stood by the guy who had made him even more wealthy until it was untenable. Let's go back a bit. I posted earlier that I don't think Kraft had the warm fuzzies for Bill like he did for players. Bill was ruthless... the most ruthless guy maybe... in a ruthless business, and Kraft let him be that because it worked, because they won. When they stopped winning, Kraft gave Bill enough rope to hang himself. Inspect what you expect, hold accountable. Bill wasn't getting it done, he was gone. Maybe Kraft was finally relieved to divest himself of Bill. Maybe he, like Tom, had had enough of Bill's ****. Maybe the pin thing set Kraft sideways. I don't think Kraft ever loved Bill like he did Drew and Tom. I think it was business. Business sucked, move on to the next guy.

200.gif
Absolutely, even BB can understand that but the timing of the documentary takes it in a different direction.

Anyway. Hopefully the better dressed executives and coaches can make the Packer Way work in NE.

You were the girl with the buck teeth and the Eason jersey,right?
No Eason jerseys for this kid. No sir-ee.

Ernie Adams on Spygate:

Bill knows. I really hope he retires soon and gets going on his book. I can’t wait to read it.

Another viewpoint.

Doesn’t look like Merrill Hoge is a big fan of either Williams or Maye.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back