PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to “The Dynasty”

I'm enjoying it, however, I was promised that Benedict went through 35000 hours (4 calendar years) of footage, and the episodes are 40 minutes long???? come on man. I wanted to see players puking after the superbowl in 2007, I want to see more behind the scenes locker room footage of right after spygate dropped. I hope it gets more indepth but I dont think its going to happen.

3 full episodes to 2001 season.

60 second montage of 03/04.

Unacceptable.

Went from THE documentary to a documentary.

4.5 minutes on the 2003 and 2004 Championship seasons.... followed by 30+ minutes of Michael Strachan triumphantly blowing his NY media horn about 2007???

I can see where this is heading. It's NOT about the Dynasty at all. It's a soap opera. The story has been hijacked and big-footed by NY.

Too bad, because they have some great archival clips in this, but I'm out. Not wasting anymore time on this crap. NY is taking over the narrative and creating their own reality.

The way the series is going I guess we won’t be getting an episode dedicated to massage parlors in Florida….

Actually, the complete opposite. The way this series is going , there will be 3 full episodes dedicated to Massage Parlorgate:

First, the drive over the bridge, second, the "appointment" and third, the police traffic stop.

All will be narrated by the ****-grinning Michael Strahan, of course. (The final 90 seconds of the 3rd episode will be a voice-over summary of the 2018 SB Championship season).

Can't wait........ :evil:

Last edited:
  • Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
At the very end of the end credits: “(C) Kraft Dynasty LLC”

Tells you whose perspective it is…
That's a copyright logo. How does having the copyright have anything to do with the editing of the film.

This isn't a specific story about Belichick (Education of a Coach / Do your job), or about Tom (Man in the Arena) or of the Patriots ( 3 Games to Glory), but the unvarnished story of the most salient points of the interactions between the 3 main characters. It's clear that the Director based this on The Dynasty book, which everyone understood, but then based on the >70 interviews with players, coaches, execs, and others took it where its led. There aren't anonymous sources here. We're listening straight from the ppl that were there while it was all happening. I'm sure none of the 3 main characters will come out looking like saints after it's all said and done. Shocking right? That men aren't saints, but actually have flaws.

Of course the Team Bill cult is distraught that their one and only saviour is being depicted for what he is, just a man. If this was really a hit piece, they would've brought up Bill's adultery which was happening during the 1st Dynasty.

For those of you calling this a hit piece on Belichick, listen carefully to what Pioli says. Does anyone believe that Pioli is a Bill hater? I think Pioli and everyone else are being candid, including Ernie. I wish we heard more from Pioli but unfortunately he was gone after the 2008 season.

I know there isn't enough time for this, but Kraft meddling with Parcells/Curtis Martin and the injuries in 1997, 1998 and 1999 are the most underrated reasons how the Dynasty started. Had Martin, Glenn and McGinest not been injured in 1997, the Pats are easily the #2 seed and in the AFCCG. Martin's durability isn't questioned and he returns in 1998. A healthy Bledsoe, Glenn, McGinest and Martin returning are better than a 9-7 team in 1998. The Pats were becoming the class of the division before the injuries and defections took over.

The Jets are a fringe playoff team in 1998 without Martin. They wouldn't even sniff it without Parcells/BB and the rest of the staff.

Sam Gash doesn't help Antowain Smith becoming a 1,000 rusher in 1998.

Meggett and Byars don't follow Parcells and are catching passes out of the backfield in 1998.

Carroll probably sticks around long enough where BB is probably hired elsewhere as a HC for what he was doing to offenses in 1999.

Kraft's bad decisions (as Parcells' mentioned) made him realize he can't get involved like he previously did.

Last edited:
Bledsoe is Tall. Has a Strong Arm. (Tm)

Weird they finished ep 1 with the Rams regular season loss like it was a “down” note when it was the opposite.

Brady in ep 2: you gotta be one of the boys.

Mac Jones: :cool:

I just finished 3-4.

I could have done without reliving 2007. All those old emotions came right back. I get that the ‘gates are compelling to write, but … I dunno. I still feel like someone died after 2007.

Quote of the episode: Randy moss “I’m a bad mother ****er too, Bill.” I jumped out of my seat! Loved it.

Man, they were so good. I still think if they had won that, maybe they are all satiated and we don’t get that last three.

Last edited:
4.5 minutes on the 2003 and 2004 Championship seasons.... followed by 30+ minutes of Michael Strachan triumphantly blowing his NY media horn about 2007???

I can see where this is heading. It's NOT about the Dynasty at all. It's a soap opera. The story has been hijacked and big-footed by NY.

Too bad, because they have some great archival clips in this, but I'm out. Not wasting anymore time on this crap. NY is taking over the narrative and creating their own reality.

This entire thing is a Bob Kraft production

I don't know wtf he's doing.

Calling it a documentary is probably inaccurate. Documentaries document things. This is a piece of entertainment.

People have to realize what this is. It’s not a straight line documentary on the Dynasty. If it was it would be something the team would have done and released on their own. Like the Bulls doc, to get on the big streaming services like Netflix or Apple, you need to highlight the drama. The vast majority of the audience isn’t gonna watch if it’s just a timeline doc of how good the Pats were.

This entire thing is a Bob Kraft production

I don't know wtf he's doing.
Actually it's not. It's a Brian Grazer / Ron Howard production.

Screenshot_20240225_214101_Firefox.jpg

The series director has clearly said - the idea of the series is to detail the relationships and how it made and eventually bought down the dynasty. it really isnt a football series. Calling it a 'dynasty' unfortunately incorrect.

I completely forgot how Mangenius ratted out Bill at spy gate. What a betrayal. Pretty much destroyed Mangenius' reputation around the league.
However if spy gate had not happened, 2007 would have been a different season in terms of offensive production. I doubt BB would have tried to score 50 in every game without the spy gate BS.

Goodell did do the Pats a solid by destroying teh tapes. If those tapes had not been destroyed....the controversy would still be going on today.

Lastly, I do not know how this region could ever forgive that schmuck Tomase and the damage he and teh herald did with that BS article. I remember waking up to that on the day of the SB and thinking Oh Crap...this will have a negative effect on the team.

Actually it's not. It's a Brian Grazer / Ron Howard production.

View attachment 56714
Link 1

Link 2

This isn't happening without Kraft relationship with those you mentioned. He pursued it.

This is his documentary

Last edited:
Link 1

Link 2

This isn't happening without Kraft relationship with those you mentioned.

This is his documentary
I think it's pretty clear that Kraft's spin is all over The Dynasty. Sorry @venecol, but unless the tone of the show changes I'll have to disagree with you and go with @festy1986 on this one, especially if there's never any mention of Orchids of Asia or if they gloss over it.

I just finished 3-4.

I could have done without reliving 2007. All those old emotions came right back. I get that the ‘gates are compelling to write, but … I dunno. I still feel like someone died after 2007.

Quote of the episode: Randy moss “I’m a bad mother ****er too, Bill.” I jumped out of my seat! Loved it.

Man, they were so good. I still think if they had won that, maybe they are all satiated and we don’t get that last three.
We'll never know what would have happened after if the Pats went 19-0 but it would have been great to find out.

Randy Moss was indeed a bad mother ****er and I'd take him over Jerry Rice.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back