PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport : Jamie Collins extension will eclipse Kuechly's $12.36m avg per year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patriots get 4th in 2018 if Browns don't get 3rd round comp pick in 2017. It's a big difference but it appears we (through the Browns) will get that #3 comp pick for Alex Mack.

Mea Culpa.... completely forgot that the comp was for Mack and thought since Collins played healthy there might not be a comp pick awarded.....also was thinking ( or not thinking) that the 4th round pick, if comp not awarded, was in 2017. Realize now that Pats had to surrender highest 4th rounder they have in the coming draft, thus the 2018 4th was what they would receive for Jamie......You're correct saying BIG DIFFERENCE ... :oops:

[
So those 60m in cap space go where then?
It will be spread across the roster. Do you really think Hightower will get 14-15 mill a year here? Or that he is worth it?

[

It will be spread across the roster. Do you really think Hightower will get 14-15 mill a year here? Or that he is worth it?

I don't know what the sum will be but similarly to DMac two years ago I am pretty confident that Hightower will sign an extension. He is absolutely worth it.

No. Not even close with his injury history. BB will draft his replacement before he pays Hightower that money.

Because you can just draft the replacement for your most important front 7 player like that. Sure...

For some perspective.. and he's not getting 14.5
Guaranteed is what matters though and some guess that's what Pats and High
see differently..

2015 League Cap =$143.28M. Kuechly signed his $12,359,059 APY deal in 2015. 2017 cap projects to be 17% higher. Equivalent deal to Kuechly would have $14,491,359 APY. So if Collins receives a 13.75M deal is he really being paid more than Luke? Or his pay a reflection in the increase of the cap?

Good for Jamie! I hope he's invited to our Superbowl ring ceremony this summer!:)

Yep. And when he shows up and looks around the room, he will realize he is making more money than almost anyone else.

Last edited:
I bet he's way off. Not even cleveland is that stupid.

Started season thinking "welp, Jones needed to move on so we sign ________" & now I wonder if the only one left will be Butler for one more year...

I have always been on HT & Butler as the keepers, even before the Collins trade. But now I wonder how you keep HT happy when Collins is cashing in.

I bet he's way off. Not even cleveland is that stupid.

49230486.jpg

Good for him. The NFL is brutal, one misstep his career is over. Smart move to take the most money anywhere, as his earning power unless he is a media savant, is over once his NFL career is. Cannot imagine anyone of us wouldnt sign a huge contract to make major coin to be able to take care of our families for life.

By the way what the hell happened to the new formatting on this board, it is freaking horrendous, why couldnt they change it after the playoffs

Well, they are the Browns.

I do believe BB plans to pay Hightower what he considers top dollar. But $12.5MM is too high. If the Collins numbers are any indication of what High's agent will want, for certain he'll be playing elsewhere and we'll be signing more guys like McClellan and Van Noy for a fifth of that cap number. Pats staff can turn mediocre talent into serviceable game play.

But let's not assume that's the case. Mayo took less to stay. Light took less to stay. Bruschi took less to stay. Some guys it's not only about the money.

Its all about the guaranteed $ and bonus.

Luke got $27m guaranteed. Thats the top of the spectrum.

I would suspect High would be shooting for that and couldn't care less how long the deal is or ave per year.

He turns 27 in March so I suspect a 4 year/$50m/$27m is what he is looking for and why he is not signed yet.

I would also suspect the team would be OK franchising him at $~$14m as a LB

They might even be waiting for the 2017 league year to start and announce it then.

Who really knows what goes on behind the scenes with these things

FYI - The deadline to tag players is 4PM March 1. Free agency begins on 4PM March 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back