PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss "I can still play at a high level"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, fwiw, the Titan's coaching staff were pretty effusive in their comments about Randy Moss, saying emphatically that HE wasn't the problem there, that the issue(s) were with their QB. They went out of their way to say that Moss was the consumate pro in the locker room, helping to mentor younger players and doing whatever was asked of him in practice and on game day.

I'd have no problem with Randy coming back to New England.

If Moss is part of the solution for the Titans then they would have locked him up. Now, at 34, Moss is a FA.

Sure, hes not washed up, but the sun is setting on his career. IMO, Moss is looking for that last fat contract and one that the Patriots are not going to pay to a 34 year old WR.

the problem here is easy to see yet the solution is the problem. If Moss sees single coverage like many good receivers he would have great production. He needs to be on a team with a true #1 who is also a deep threat like he is. That team is not us ... a few teams out there but if he comes back he still sees the double coverage and/or the DB over the top.

the problem here is easy to see yet the solution is the problem. If Moss sees single coverage like many good receivers he would have great production. He needs to be on a team with a true #1 who is also a deep threat like he is. That team is not us ... a few teams out there but if he comes back he still sees the double coverage and/or the DB over the top.

That's a very good pt, but this is where he may actually still be of some use--as the decoy that some envisioned him being 4 yrs ago.

He can still draw coverages away, and really 2 guys at that--or at least 1 1/2.

If Randy could take a low cost efficient, one year deal to only get targeted 2-3 times a game, I'd be all for it. It may help to keep lanes in the middle and underneath open a little bit more, who knows??

That's a very good pt, but this is where he may actually still be of some use--as the decoy that some envisioned him being 4 yrs ago.

He can still draw coverages away, and really 2 guys at that--or at least 1 1/2.

If Randy could take a low cost efficient, one year deal to only get targeted 2-3 times a game, I'd be all for it. It may help to keep lanes in the middle and underneath open a little bit more, who knows??

Well he knew that when here ... one would have to assume he learned a lesson and is now more willing to do that role again ... has he and would he embrace the role with the cookie being some red zone TD's? But we have Gronk for those now so I'm not sure he could be happy.

Moss knows how much he F'ed up. He had the best coach and best QB and he knows he should have kept his mouth shut. I think he has learned his lesson and if the pats get him for say a $1 million a year..go for it. Whats the worst that can happen? This is like the first time he came here. 1 F up and your gone and the pats lose little to no money if that happens. DO IT

after reading the article (god only knows why I bothered) I can't help but wonder why anyone would want him back on this team. Read the quotes. I don't want that attitude on this team.

"We just need to get this season back on track so I can start working on finding the team that wants Randy Moss on their roster."

"I'm a wanted man," Moss said, "so we just need to see who wants me."

How about saying, "I just want to find a team that I can be a part of, and help win a championship"...........It just seems like everything is all about him. Thats not the Patriot way.

after reading the article (god only knows why I bothered) I can't help but wonder why anyone would want him back on this team. Read the quotes. I don't want that attitude on this team.

How about saying, "I just want to find a team that I can be a part of, and help win a championship"...........It just seems like everything is all about him. Thats not the Patriot way.

Nash--I couldn't agree with you more. I just think some of us still are holding on to a pipe dream that he could still stretch the field and draw the coverage a little bit, while playing for a 1.5 million dollar deal. Mostly we're combining that thought with another pipe dream that hopefully it seems as though he learned his lesson, and would be happy with just getting targeted a few times a game. Something like last years' Torry Holt or 09's Joey Galloway would have/ could have been.

The bottom line is that there's likely no way in hell that BB wants him back here, but I think the reasons above are what some of us are hoping are still reasonable expectations.

Watch him go to the NYJ and tear it up somehow, lol. Oh the luck :rolleyes:

Do any of us really think that Belichick is going to bring all of that negative attention to this team again? Especially considering how young they are?

Do we really think there's even a 1% chance that he'd impede the growth of Tate, Price and Edelman?

Even IF Randy played ball, learned his lesson, took a small one yr deal of 1-2 million, and was still able to draw coverages away from our main targets etc--I cannot see any way in the world that New England would want to bring him here. Just no way.

Do any of us really think that Belichick is going to bring all of that negative attention to this team again? Especially considering how young they are?

Do we really think there's even a 1% chance that he'd impede the growth of Tate, Price and Edelman?

Even IF Randy played ball, learned his lesson, took a small one yr deal of 1-2 million, and was still able to draw coverages away from our main targets etc--I cannot see any way in the world that New England would want to bring him here. Just no way.

personally, I prefer the post Randy offense. That offense did win us 3 (almost 4/2006) SBs ;)

personally, I prefer the post Randy offense. That offense did win us 3 (almost 4/2006) SBs ;)

Much agreed. I think the recent NYJ playoff loss where they shut down a lot of the short and intermediate routes has some of us wanting a downfield threat. I agree that it would help, but I do not think Moss is the answer.

Last edited:
You mean like Kenny Britt?

if he gives it 100% on every play even when the ball is not comeing he's way he is the best in the NFL even at 34 years old
Larry Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson say otherwise.

Last edited:
BB will not want him back. Write it down. Think of how foolish he'd look ( and feel himself) if Randy came back for any roll at any price, yet again somehow made things about him instead of the team where the Pats dump him.

It will never happen.

Sign him now!!!

He's not tough either, I've never seen a WR fall to the ground with less contact then he does.

Thanks for 2007, but **** off for your attitude the past 2 seasons.

But he's got incredible hands and is unbelievable in jump ball situations.

What are you talking about? Randy Moss is incredibly bad in jump ball situations. If there's really going to be a fight for the ball, there's one thing you can count on - Randy's not going to be in there fighting. Or if he does, he won't fight hard. I don't know of a receiver that has less willingness to actually fight for something in football. I was ecstatic last year when Randy actually tried to recover a fumble. Of course, he didn't ultimately succeed but he did more than stand around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes