PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders Release Clown Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put me firmly in the sign him for min + incentives. Cut him the first time he’s a distraction whether that’s game - or game 21.

AB is an absolute genius. 3 weeks ago he was owed $50 million with $30 million guaranteed. He only had to do is buckle up his helmet, follow the rules and play the game he loves. If he got hurt in his first game and was never the same.....he would still collect $30 million. Now he will likely be forced to play under a 1 year contract with no guaranteed money. Brilliant!!

lol oh no they might have to cut Gunner Olzewski to sign one of the best WRs to ever play the game

There are a lot of things to consider here but roster space is not one of them

If Gunner doesn't look good returning punts tomorrow (assuming he plays). It would be easier to get him onto the practice squad. Brown has a lot of experience returning punts with 4 TDs. The Pats have been working out a lot of receivers and were supposedly interested in trading for him. I'm not talking myself into the idea of signing Brown am I? I must be as crazy as he is.

There is a MAJOR difference between Moss, Dillon, Gordon signings by the Pats. They all had their warts but none of them put themselves above the team or acted towards an organization like AB has acted. AB seriously sounds as if he has some mental issues and his beliefs are WAY out of line from the Pats philosophy. You can’t change a persons beliefs easily. No amount of winning will change his view about himself. He acted this way in Pitt too. Seems like they did a good job covering most of it up. I firmly believe AB will cause more problems than it is worth.
That’s my initial instinct too. But at the same time, it’s a fact that BB was willing to trade for him anyhow over the winter. His situation seems closest to Albert Haynesworthless - BB traded for him and immediately cut him when he didn’t give 100%. So I could see it.

IF (a huge if) he could sign an “almost” no risk one year contract with us and swallow a little of his pride it would be foolish not to consider bringing him in.

He is an absolute head case who would probably still self destruct in NE but if it paid off....he is an incredible talent, far surpassing anyone we have on our roster.

Doubt it will occur but crazy stuff has happened and I can’t rule out Bill bringing in anybody.

I say we just sign him on a cheap deal and embarass the Steelers by using him to score a few TD's then release him the next day

Man listen, we all want AB in NE (even though some of you won’t admit it). Now, let’s wait and see..

I don't think AB has scratched the surface of how nutty he can be.

bfc00739eb47817c6241348fa187111b.png

Last edited:
Man listen, we all want AB (even though some of you won’t admit it). Now, let’s wait and see..

I'll admit to wanting his type of talent here. Unfortunately it comes with that 2¢ head attached which is kind of a deal breaker

Last edited:
I don't think AB has scratched the surface of how nutty he can be.

That's why you sign him to a 1 year deal with incentives. If he's a cancer, let him go. If he keeps his mouth shut, his potential is enormous for 1 year.

Gordon-Thomas-Brown-Edelman-Harry could be the greatest WR corps of all time, if everyone plays to their potential.

I know this won't happen, but it would be hilarious if AB shows up on MNF wearing a Broncos uniform. Gruden would sh**t. Lmfao

I say we just sign him on a cheap deal and embarass the Steelers by using him to score a few TD's then release him the next day

There is no way he'd suit up for tomorrow night not knowing our playbook.

Man listen, we all want AB in NE (even though some of you won’t admit it). Now, let’s wait and see..

I don’t. He can’t be trusted or relied upon in any way.

That's why you sign him to a 1 year deal with incentives. If he's a cancer, let him go. If he keeps his mouth shut, his potential is enormous for 1 year.

Gordon-Thomas-Brown-Edelman-Harry could be the greatest WR corps of all time, if everyone plays to their potential.
Brown/Edelman/Gordon is uncoverable. Pull out the Randy Marsh jizzing meme.

I do think Rosenhaus will try to get the Patriots to take him on, and I think he will try to get Brown to embrace the idea, but ultimately I think he will go to Dallas

There is no way he'd suit up for tomorrow night not knowing our playbook.

He can't play Week 1 anyways, I believe players have to be signed Friday (maybe even Thursday) in order to be on an active roster that week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back