PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders Release Clown Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry but anyone who thinks AB on a team friendly one year deal would be bad for the patriots is an idiot.

I can only imagine AB's attitude on a team friendly non-guaranteed deal...actually I can't.

Ugh. Eagles are going all in. Not going to enjoy this

What if AB signs a one week deal with one different team every week...for example, he could sign with the Pats...catch a few TD's vs. the Steelers...then be cut on Tuesday and sign with the Chiefs for week 2 vs. the Raiders....and be cut to sign with someone else for week 3.....
How much do you think he would get paid for this per diem job? Lmao

In the end Brown's next team will be all about the dollars. Not that he doesn't have money already, but that is how guys like him measure respect. How much are you willing to pay me equals how much you respect me.

The Pats could "respect" him about 3 million dollars worth. So I doubt he would look here. The 2 teams that I've heard mentioned that DID make sense were the Colts and Cardinals. Both teams have cap space and could use added threats. Besides the Colts have an owner who is equally bat sh!t crazy. They could be best buds. :rolleyes:

However IF Brown did come to NE for the pittance the Pats could pay him, it would signal that he IS ready to make the attempt to reinvent his reputation. I think under those terms the Pats would give him a shot, understanding that it probably would be a one year romance. But they'd happily walk away with another ring and 3rd round comp pick, because THAT kind of crazy can't be controlled long term.

As much as I would like the Pats to take a flier on AB, they already have two out on DT and Gordon. Eldeman, Gordon, DT, and AB would be too many mouths to feed so one would have to go. Would you rather have DT or AB? AB is better but DT could be solid on the field and will be quality in the locker room.

Biggest issue is AB's love of recording conversations and posting them. I just have trouble seeing BB overlooking this. Saying more than 3 words to a reporter is already a benchable offense, imagine if a player posted one of BB's conversations?

What if a bb-Antonio conversation leaks and it turns out off camera bb talks the same way Antonio does.

A STEP BACK - AFTER AB TRADED TO RAIDERS
(under AB's breath - Screw you, I don't want to play for the losing raiders even for $15M a year; I have a better future playing elsewhere)

AB SHOWS UP
and does everything to get traded or cut
Gruden tries everything and just doesn't get
Manock understands and has several encounters with AB

THE DEAL
1) AB gets out of his 3 year $50M contact with raiders, and may get some through grievances.
2) AB may or may not get termination pay (about $15M); likely not.
3) AB can now go to whatever team he and Drew can convince that he wants to be there.

IS IT CRAZY
for AB to think that he would get more out of the next 8 years if he plays somewhere else. Would playing the next 3 years for $50M under Manock really be the best for his future? AB may want to bet on himself and end up doing better over the next 8 years.

BOTTOM LINE
-------------------
1) AB had $50M over 3 years left with PITT, where he couldn't get along with management.
2) PITT trade him for a 3rd and a 5th to a losing team, one that AB didn't want to play for (Gruen convinced him?). AB did the best he could and negotiated a new contract.
3) AB got to Oakland, looked around for awhile, and wanted out. Mayock might have seen what was coming and traded AB for a 3rd and 5th (breaking even).
4) AB finally got his way and a release, and the possibility of choosing his team, and perhaps a bit of grievance money).

AT WORST,
BROWN will be out of football until the grievances move forward a bit. In any case, once AB and Drew talk to the various teams (owners, GM, coach and players), he'll be on a new team. Ignoring act, Dallas would be a good fit. Looking at cap, Indy is a better fit. There are lots and lots of others with lots and lots of cap room. The $15M for 2019 is an illusion as far as being a major block to AB being paid. That amount would make a difference to team without cap money to burn.

I am sorry but anyone who thinks AB on a team friendly one year deal would be bad for the patriots is an idiot.

Yep.

Brown signs and plays to his level while keeping his head on straight. Gordon stays clean. Edelman stays healthy. Harry comes back healthy. And Gronk decides, what the hell, let's do one more run.

And they roll out a formation of

WR Brown
WR Gordon
WR Edelman
TE Gronk
RB White

(With Harry, Thomas, Burkhead, Watson, Michel, Harris in reserve.)

Almost every one of those five guys above in that formation is uncoverable one-on-one. The only weakness I'd see is at C. Teams could possibly roll up the Pats' backup C with Andrews out. Otherwise....how on earth would anyone stop that team? Oh and if they really wanted to, fine, let's not pass...let's just pound Michel at you 25 times a game.

I mean come ON.

Plus an elite defense. Oh yeah, forgot about that too.

So let me get this right. They said he was playing Monday Night knowing full well they were going to fine him for 200k for his conduct that was detrimental to the team which in essence voided his guaranteed money?

LMAO

Hard knocks producers are cursing their timing. Damn, this would have been ratings gold.

Brown is not right in the head. That much is obvious. No way shape or form is he coming to the Patriots.

Pats, Eagles, and Chiefs have already reached out to Rosenhous

Some teams with lots of cap money in 2019 and 2020 are probably not far behind. Texas, Indy and Dallas are the contenders. Dallas may prefer AB to Cooper, who they would trade if AB came.

Obviously MIA has lots of cap space, but they are likely to be a worse situation than the raiders.

I think that some team will pay him. If AB plays all year for someone, without a huge bonus, he would end up even. Almost all the raiders money was in per game pay.
======
Most fun for AB would have AB signing for DEN before 4PM and getting passes from Flacco Monday night.

As unhinged as AB seems to be, I'm still imagining what the Patriots offense would be like with him . . . plus Gronk coming back in week 8.:)

Brady's stats would be even phatter than they were in 2007.

Hell! Just play the rook at QB!

Teams will lots of cap money in 2019 and 2020 are probably not far behind. Texas, Indy and Dallas are the contenders. Dallas may prefer AB to Cooper, who they would trade if AB came.

Obviously MIA has lots of cap space, but they are likely to be a worse situation than the raiders.

If Brown is Smart he comes to NE. It is literally the only place the other elite players practice and play as hard as he reportedly does. There literally is no other place for him.

If he goes to Dallas, Philly or a bottom feeder it will not end well. This is the only place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes