PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

QB Brian Hoyer released by Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

resdubwhite

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He's been jipped for the second year running.

Do Cardinals have to pay him the tender amount now or is he out of pocket?

can't imagine no-one will take him up. Wonder if Bill will bring him back as third qb?

Nice! Let's scoop him up so we can turn around and offer him as trade bait to finally get that elusive first round pick that was rightfully our's for his services.

He signed the tender?
if signed money are guaranted?
I hope yes for him....

I'd love to grab him and bring him into camp, at the very least he's an extra arm which will ease the burden on #12. It's also possible that we deal Mallett before the season begins, it wouldnt surprise me if some starting QB is injured and the team has to make a deal to save their season.

Bring back Hoyer!

I'd love to grab him and bring him into camp, at the very least he's an extra arm which will ease the burden on #12. It's also possible that we deal Mallett before the season begins, it wouldnt surprise me if some starting QB is injured and the team has to make a deal to save their season.

Bring back Hoyer!

We let him go because we had Mallett. We still have Mallett. Unless that changes, I don't see us bringing him back. Maybe I'm amiss...

I still don't get why everyone is so insistent on trading Mallett. We just might need a capable backup.

Those of you that think there will be #1 in the offing or even a number 2, are smoking something. If someone was going to offer it this was the year because the QB's in the draft were not rated outstanding. Next year's group will be better.

We let him go because we had Mallett. We still have Mallett. Unless that changes, I don't see us bringing him back. Maybe I'm amiss...

As I already said, we needs arms for camp. It's also possible we deal Mallett elsewhere, which would make Hoyer valuable as a backup.

1. Look for Pittsburgh to sign him.
2. He doesn't see any money despite signing the tender, still has to make the team.
3. Why the assumption he is any better than Kafka?
4. Weak arm.

Unless something happens to Brady, Mallett, or Kafka, I couldn't see why bringing back Hoyer would make any sense at the moment.

I suppose the rumors and thoughts about trading Mallett aren't going to stop until he plays out his rookie contract. We've heard the same stuff now since the day we drafted him...he was supposed to go in the 2012 draft for a high pick, then it was the 2013 draft...now it will be the 2014 draft or the thought of some team making a move in desperation in training camp.

Unless something happens to Brady, Mallett, or Kafka, I couldn't see why bringing back Hoyer would make any sense at the moment.

I suppose the rumors and thoughts about trading Mallett aren't going to stop until he plays out his rookie contract. We've heard the same stuff now since the day we drafted him...he was supposed to go in the 2012 draft for a high pick, then it was the 2013 draft...now it will be the 2014 draft or the thought of some team making a move in desperation in training camp.

Well, to be fair, it's a combination of (A) Belichick's penchant for trading players for draft picks if the value is right, and (B) the fact that Brady's extension rather firmly states "Ryan Mallett, barring injury to Brady, will not start a game in New England."

I still don't get why everyone is so insistent on trading Mallett. We just might need a capable backup.

Those of you that think there will be #1 in the offing or even a number 2, are smoking something. If someone was going to offer it this was the year because the QB's in the draft were not rated outstanding. Next year's group will be better.

Brady goes down we're F'd. Who says Mallett is capable? How would we know? Certainly not based on the few dozen snaps we've seen in preseason.

sounds good

Now, please all/any players with the vast experience of Mallett (none) that Belichick has traded for a significant draft pick.

Well, to be fair, it's a combination of (A) Belichick's penchant for trading players for draft picks if the value is right, and (B) the fact that Brady's extension rather firmly states "Ryan Mallett, barring injury to Brady, will not start a game in New England."

I don't think the issue is Hoyer versus Mallett so much as Hoyer versus Kafka. If we're going to have a third quarterback and a competitor for Mallett, it wouldn't hurt to have someone familiar with the system.

Hoyer is limited, but I think a lot of people would feel safer if he was hanging around as a third option. Is Kafka any good? We don't have any idea.

Sign him that way we can safely do the Mallet for 4 1st rounders deal

Brady goes down we're F'd. Who says Mallett is capable? How would we know? Certainly not based on the few dozen snaps we've seen in preseason.

How would anyone know?

But BB's last 2 backup QBs who were forced to fill in for an injured starter have worked out fairly successfully for us.

If I were to bet I would say that Mallet could at least keep the season interesting verse having a suck for luck campaign.

I beleive it is just that Draftniks must have draft choices for their latest finds. You know the undiscovered Safety from East Cupcake U. Who is a find as a #1 draft pick; or certainly merits at least #7 pick; or maybe a UDFA contract. And who makes up for being very slow, by being very small. Their guy who could actually win and earn, the 8th Safety position. If there were really such a thing beyond the 90 man rosters of early Training Camp.

They NEVER consider that signing any backup QB after Mallett is traded would likely cost the Team a few $ million dollars more than what Ryan is earning. (Look at what Cassell is making! 4$ million per.) Provided that anyone is available. But that is of no concern, whatever.

After all we desperately need an 8th Safety, much more than a #2 backup QB. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why would Hoyer sign with us to be our #3 when some team will offer him a #2 job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes