PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Putting things in proper perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Boy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Given the Patriots earned a convincing win over the talented and up and coming Houston Texans through exceptional coaching, which allowed a rookie 3rd string QB to flourish, and which showcased solid play in all three phases of the game, it understandable that we allow are selves to get distracted with those story lines.

But please, lets all acknowledge that those uniforms they wore the other night were f'ing hideous

Given the Patriots earned a convincing win over the talented and up and coming Houston Texans through exceptional coaching, which allowed a rookie 3rd string QB to flourish, and which showcased solid play in all three phases of the game, it understandable that we allow are selves to get distracted with those story lines.

But please, lets all acknowledge that those uniforms they wore the other night were f'ing hideous
It's been 24 years now, so we're used to it
9 NFL throwbacks that should become permanent

NFL Teams That Should Always Wear Throwbacks

I didn't think they were that bad, was expecting worse (all red or something)

I know its been said, and I know a ton of people love the throwbacks, but I hope we never move away from the Flying Elvis. The Flying Elvis represents success, and instills fear in opponents.. its burned into their psyche.

Pat Patriot is cute, and signifies mediocrity and pity.. bringing them out once a year is fine, but this franchise has risen above the level that those jerseys represent. JMO

I didn't think they were that bad, was expecting worse (all red or something)

I know its been said, and I know a ton of people love the throwbacks, but I hope we never move away from the Flying Elvis. The Flying Elvis represents success, and instills fear in opponents.. its burned into their psyche.

Pat Patriot is cute, and signifies mediocrity and pity.. bringing them out once a year is fine, but this franchise has risen above the level that those jerseys represent. JMO
th
instills fear in opponents
th
is burned in their psyche
Bills, Jets, Bengals, Browns, Colts, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Giants, Eagles, Bears, Lions, Vikings, Falcons, Saints, Buccaneers, Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks more pitiful and mediocre overall than Patriots 1960-1992

th
instills fear in opponents
th
is burned in their psyche
Bills, Jets, Bengals, Browns, Colts, Broncos, Chiefs, Chargers, Giants, Eagles, Bears, Lions, Vikings, Falcons, Saints, Buccaneers, Rams, Cardinals, Seahawks more pitiful and mediocre overall than Patriots 1960-1992
Not sure how you put teams that were perennial playoff contenders or won Super Bowls during that time span. No way in hell does a team win 2 Super Bowls during that time span and is considered more pathetic than the Pats during that same time span.

i thought they looked really good. loved the blue cleats as well...very sharp

I'd still love to see a hybrid of the red jersey, but the modern numerals and flying Elvis. Add the current silver helmet and white pants, or even silver pants.

Not sure how you put teams that were perennial playoff contenders or won Super Bowls during that time span. No way in hell does a team win 2 Super Bowls during that time span and is considered more pathetic than the Pats during that same time span.
Well, you're referring to the Giants, and they were really pathetic outside of those 2 with Bill & Bill...off the field they never did anything to distinguish themselves, either.

If the Pats played in the NFC, they'd have been perennial playoff contenders and been in more Super Bowls.

It's not their fault that fans like F.E., they associate it with winning and it would be perfectly fine if we were the Ravens or something.

But for me, Orthwein's always going to be a malevolently ignorant out of stater who treated us like moron, zero-attention span, classless, traditionless bandwagoners who could only respond to gimmicks.

I have yet to see his beloved Budweiser label with historically accurate depictions of blacks being lynched, and cow feces included in the ingredients for beer hops, and the Clydesdales chopped up and sold as horse meat at local groceries.

Took me a few days to realize the uniforms didn't have TV (shoulder) numbers.

I didn't think I'd like those unis, but I really did. I'd be cool with those being out permanent tops, and keeping the silver pants we already wear.

Pat Patriot is a cute throwback, but some people need to move on. Cartoony logos are very dated and that's why everyone moved away from them.

They weren't terrible, but they weren't great. Kind of like Adam Sandler in the days of Happy Gilmore and The Waterboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes