PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Price, Morton, and David Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
JackBauer said:
Peerless Price? The same WR who couldn't beat out Patrick Crayton for the #3 spot?

Yeah, I'm sure he'll solve all of our problems...

Apparently he is cheap and will sign him to compete in camp... 1 yr deal

I should say he would come cheap and we could sign him to compete in camp

Perhaps irrationally, I like Peerless Price, if only because he's had the experience of the ego-busting departure from the "Moulds/Price" nest in Buffalo.

As I recall, he had 2 seasons in Buffalo in the 1000 yard range... I think in 03 he scored 9TDs as well, as defenses hustled to cover Moulds. If Branch is as tall an order as Moulds circa 2003, you have your "#2" guy - assuming something fundamental hasn't happened to Price's ability to get open, a big assumption given a three year time difference since he played for buffalo.

But I would submit that he's 30, not 35; that 2 years of this time were spent with Atlanta, where receivers go to die and the only other receivers the defense had to handle were the slow white guy, and the tight end; and that last year in Dallas, Keyshawn and Glenn happened to be in the middle of their own resurgences, with a coach who already knew them.

Bad three years, no doubt. Cheap, big upside if there's anything left? Also no doubt. Did the gas suddenly go out of his tank at age 27? Or is it that he needs to be counted on, but not as the savior of a team?

Get him in camp, let him compete, I say. But then, I can't even remember watching him play last year. Could be that he can't get open.

But if he can, he's exactly where you'd want him, as a Patriots pick-up: in mid career after some screwed up experiences, but with a decent amount of talent, and available cheap. You'd think he and his agent would appreciate a couple of years in the New England Finishing School for Inexpensive Talent.

PFnV

SeanBruschi54 said:
If your looking at RFA too then all of you need to look at

Shaun McDonald
and
Kevin Curtis

both for the Rams.

Kevin Curtis was given a Mid-level tender offer while McDonald was only given the basic tender offer. I don't see anyone shelling out the 1st rounder for Curtis. However, I could see the Pats paying the 4th rounder for McDonald.

DaBruinz said:
Kevin Curtis was given a Mid-level tender offer while McDonald was only given the basic tender offer. I don't see anyone shelling out the 1st rounder for Curtis. However, I could see the Pats paying the 4th rounder for McDonald.

what about kelley washington
whatd we have to give up for him
i know he was picked in the third round
i wanted the pats to take him instead of bethel johnson that yr

JDSal45 said:
I'd like for the Patriots to sign Kansas City's Chris Horn to an offer sheet. He's restricted, but the Pats usually wait until the end of free agency to take a run at a restricted guy.

He's a young receiver with some upside potential. Would be a nice addition.

J D Sal

All restricted FAs have to be signed by April 21st. That way teams have time to match offers or exchange picks for that particular player.

patsfan55 said:
what about kelley washington
whatd we have to give up for him
i know he was picked in the third round
i wanted the pats to take him instead of bethel johnson that yr

I don't know if the Bengals even tendered him, to be honest. I know he's listed as an RFA, but I would think that they gave him the minimum tender.

I will be honest, I don't know much about him other than he missed much of his rookie season (got shot?) and that he got relegated to the #4 spot behind Tab Perry by the time this year came around.

Apparently Washington has been tendered a contract...

BelichickFan said:
Kevin Johnson reptued his achilles on October 23, 2005, he's questionable, at best, to be 100% for this season.
Maybe he could start on PUP...and be cheap... maybe even better...be one that will come in mid-season..well a thought..Price might be the better option..not sure what happend after Buffalo..just a strong of bad seasons..but I wonder how much is the system and what is going on around you..how much is the player itself??

PatsFanInVa said:
.... a team that spreads around the ball more than a stripper at an opening-day-themed bachelor party.
PFnV

Despite all the good football sense in your post ... i feel all cued and primed
to strike a knowing leer right here ... or maybe break into a salacious guffaw.

But i don't catch the storyline. Please connect these dots ... for the dottering.

The key is in the various ways to read "spreads around the ball."

DaBruinz said:
I don't know if the Bengals even tendered him, to be honest. I know he's listed as an RFA, but I would think that they gave him the minimum tender.

I will be honest, I don't know much about him other than he missed much of his rookie season (got shot?) and that he got relegated to the #4 spot behind Tab Perry by the time this year came around.

he is a 3rd comp

JDSal45 said:
I'd like for the Patriots to sign Kansas City's Chris Horn to an offer sheet. He's restricted, but the Pats usually wait until the end of free agency to take a run at a restricted guy.

He's a young receiver with some upside potential. Would be a nice addition.

J D Sal

He played at Rocky...considered a small college -- even for Montana.

Not too bad.

Kevin Johnson I could definitely see playing here...oh yeah.

Sort of reminds me of Joe Jurivicious (sp). Only he is (you can fill in the blank here I think).

Price was a good #2 in Buffalo, then went south for #1 money, (sound familiar). He was expected to step up and deliver with a so so QB, coaching, system, and so on.................

He might just be ready to reinvent himself as a contributer to a team, not a team headliner.?

He's cheap, give him a shot, no harm no foul. If his mental has changed and his skills haven't left him he just might be a good short term fit.?

wrangler said:
Price was a good #2 in Buffalo, then went south for #1 money, (sound familiar). He was expected to step up and deliver with a so so QB, coaching, system, and so on.................

He might just be ready to reinvent himself as a contributer to a team, not a team headliner.?

He's cheap, give him a shot, no harm no foul. If his mental has changed and his skills haven't left him he just might be a good short term fit.?

umm what did he try to do in dallas?

Nothing Digger m8, with BP's pets crouding him out. I don't think he got a fair shake in Dallas. Also DB is not the QB to instill confidence in a guy trying to come back, old dogs new tricks and all that, ya think???

He could have a new start in NE if the skills haven't gone south on him, but we won't know unless we give him a chase, maybe??

Excuse the sp, my wife was talking, again, lol

I think that David Boston would be worth a shot. With him you are talking about true superstar potential for very little investment. I also agree that Peerless would be another I would like to see if they don't want to touch Boston.

I just looked it up, Boston doesn't turn 28 until August. Maybe he is old enough to have matured and healthy enough to contribute.

WE ARE NOT DONE said:
Maybe he is old enough to have matured and healthy enough to contribute.
A few things...mature healthy....both needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes