PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Preseason week 2 - Patriots @ Titans gameday thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who do you cut? I like Pennel Butler Shelton and Guy. With the camp Shelton is having you can't really cut him. Pennel has had a few bad reports but many more glowing ones.

Is Butler who you cut then? He's been good here.

That certainly is a dilemma, but I'm going to say Butler.

To be fair to Hoyer, this is a very sub-par supporting cast.

Hoyer not having a good game. I think he is processing things slowly and badly tonight.

The Tennessee announcer is clueless. He really thinks Dion Lewis plays on both of these teams.

Who do you cut? I like Pennel Butler Shelton and Guy. With the camp Shelton is having you can't really cut him. Pennel has had a few bad reports but many more glowing ones.

None. Keep them all. You don't cut 300lbers who can get after the QB and are ok vs the run

Only a couple of plays but Wynn looks really quick on his first step in pass blocking.

It's though, no doubt. And funnily enough, except for Guy, all 3 have good cause to be cut:

Pennel is a guy with way too many contradictory reports... But i guess we'll have more clarity on what the Staff is thinking once we get into these weeks of the Pre Season.

Shelton has supposedly improved, which would be a plus, but he is the only one with only 1 year left on his contract

Butler is probably the least consistent of all. However, he shows up sometimes, even in some big games.

As of now, I think I'll go with Pennel simply because the only time I actually saw him was with 4th stringers in game 1 and he didn't do anything that i recall.

But who knows, it's really though...

Adoree' Jackson really needs to field that.

Don’t have to cut any of them.
Butler would be the most similar player to Cowart though, competing for a role is not a roster spot.

Pats having issues running. Are all their ol starters in?

Pennel, what glowing reports are you referring to?

JoeJuan Williams is making plays

HAVE WE FINALLY BROKEN THE 2ND ROUND CB CURSE?!?!

Williams having a much better night.

JoeJuan looks really good. Reminds me of Browner, but quicker/light on his feet.

That's what Williams brings with his size and long arms. Pretty good quickness following Davis through the top of the route.

It's though, no doubt. And funnily enough, except for Guy, all 3 have good cause to be cut:

Pennel is a guy with way too many contradictory reports... But i guess we'll have more clarity on what the Staff is thinking once we get into these weeks of the Pre Season.

Shelton has supposedly improved, which would be a plus, but he is the only one with only 1 year left on his contract

Butler is probably the least consistent of all. Yeah he shows up sometimes, even in some big games.

As of now, I think I'll go with Pennel simply because the only time I actually saw him was with 4th stringers in game 1 and he didn't do anything that i recall.

But who knows, it's really though...
Pennel will be the #1 DT in base packages playing anywhere from G to G and being a major cog in the run defense. It’s not even close that he is by far the best we have for that role.

I hope Rivers is ok. No more injuries please.

JoeJuan looks really good. Reminds me of Browner, but quicker/light on his feet.
Hopefully minus the penalties also. I think refs hated Browner.

Pennel, what glowing reports are you referring to?

I read a tweet from a titans camp practice that said he was looking as solid like a rock in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes