PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PRESEASON GAME DAY THREAD: Patriots vs. Packers 8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok let's get serious for a minute here - you think they traded him just because his last name was Wells? :eek:
I am generally aware that it's at least more probable than not.

Pats definitely win the award for Best Looking White Wide Receivers.

Do they try to make these broadcasts awful?

Yep this has been a dreadfully boring fourth quarter even for a preseason game. Loved seeing Malcolm Butler tonight had two plays one on one with great coverage. The kid has all the confidence in the world and I think he will be a good #1 corner, hopefully more than that.

Other than that I thought the defense played pretty well against Rodgers. The OL gifted Gray a long TD. Everything else was mediocre.

Boyce has three more games to put it all together I like Harper as well.
Would love to have a Terrance Williams type of receiver even.
Dobson Tyms we need you guys!

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 50s50 seconds ago
I will give Josh Boyce this.. at least he's out there. More than you can say for Aaron Dobson.

Do you guys agree or disagree?
I mean, I get his point, but it's only the first preseason game. It would be a lot more valid if Dobson was missing multiple games... Come on, freakin Devey is "out there" and Solder is not. Is anyone wondering which one of them will be making the squad?

Garoppollo is not encountering 1 guy coming free and unblocked, he's getting all five linemen beat at once, it seems. Don't see the benefit of throwing it up for grabs in those situations.
Of course, at least amendola and gronk were healthy, so maybe BB figured sink or swim for G-Rap [new name. Guy needs a nickname]

All that Woodhead talk has me thinking about former wrestler Al Snows entrance

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 15s15 seconds ago
Belichick postgame press conf: "We've got a lot of work to do. Long way to go. We're not ready for the regular season at all. Any of us."

wow look at that great analysis by MCI. All the offensive starters outside of Brady didn't play and then the 1st and 2nd string defense (minus Mayo, Hightower, and Terrell Brown) held Rodgers and their starters to 3 points and two 4th down stops.

wow look at that great analysis by MCI. All the offensive starters outside of Brady didn't play and then the 1st and 2nd string defense (minus Mayo, Hightower, and Terrell Brown) held Rodgers and their starters to 3 points and two 4th down stops.
D was missing Siliga and Branch too.

I mean, I get his point, but it's only the first preseason game. It would be a lot more valid if Dobson was missing multiple games... Come on, freakin Devey is "out there" and Solder is not. Is anyone wondering which one of them will be making the squad?

So we agree he was out there? what the hell does that mean? He will not be out there for long. There's a whole league full of receivers getting cut, besides the ones we have in camp.

really think your guys looked great out there today, hey we went 3-1 in preseason last year and look at our record lol. BB is obviously trying things out.

really think your guys looked great out there today, hey we went 3-1 in preseason last year and look at our record lol. BB is obviously trying things out.
Thanks! Missing Browner somewhat though. Hope he is okay for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back