PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PRESEASON GAME DAY THREAD: Patriots vs. Packers 8/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
What is this "Game Day" you speak of? Is that some code word for a legal proceeding?

It's this thing where something called a football is moved around, rather than mere hot air.

Generally we don't make them till a few hours before the game. So this is a bit early :p It's okay though.

I did not think Brady was going to play anyway even if he did not miss practice. Why risk him behind that injured OL?

Things I want to see.

Jimmy do well
The DBs do well... Particular what Butler. Roberts & Richards do.
The depth on the OL. I want to see how it looks.
Tre Jackson
Dom Easley

Those are the things I want to see the most.

For injury's sake, I'd be happy if Brady didn't even dress.

Part of me thinks it would be a cold comfort if Brady's suspension sticks from a football point of view. If the OL is as bad as it was for the first four games last year, it might be better for the back up to take that beating while they get it sorted out. Especially given Brady's age and the hope that the season will be 3-4 games longer than most team's.

(If there were any sound logic to what I just wrote, they would be tempted to sit Brady regardless of suspension, so be thankful nobody hired me as head coach)

Does banged up JE11 sit Thursday? I would bet I guess.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Gronk not playing much either.

I'll be excited just to see guys wearing the uniform running around on a football field all the same.

Does banged up JE11 sit Thursday? I would bet I guess.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Gronk not playing much either.

I'll be excited just to see guys wearing the uniform running around on a football field all the same.

With so many starters out why risk Gronk? I want to see most of the first team D though cause we have enough healthy to have a representative unit which is good to help it gel. Give them a drive then get them out.

For starters give extended time to

Butler
Brown

And on O

Jackson
Mason
Chandler (needs to learn the plays and Jimmy needs someone to throw to).

So is there no walkthrough/practice today?

I'm quite looking forward at getting a good look at Grissom, Flowers and Zach Moore. Also, TE God Jake Bequette!

Looking forward to seeing how some of the depth on the lines perform and getting a good look at Butler and Roberts.

This D has it rough. Practice against Brady all the time then the first pre season QB you face is Rodgers followed by Brees, Newton and Eli. Then first regular season QB you face is Ben.

They sure are going to see some good QBs early. Probably a good thing.

Looking forward to seeing how our secondary holds up and also want to see how our top two rookie guards play.

It's just good to be talking about actual football. I just wanna concentrate on the young guys, watch the rookies, and the 2nd year guys. I never put too much weight into preseason games. For instance, if Garappolo struggles, I'm not gonna freak out. It's all about it being fun to watch. Do I want them to win, sure, but it's about seeing the young pups in action. Hoping to see what Grissom, Flowers et all can show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back