PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pregame Thread: Panthers at Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Park in P2 next to the stadium. Try to not get buried deep in your row. Try and be close to the front that you entered your row so when you leave you are not behind numerous cars just to get to the exit lane.
Do not park across the street in the extremely large parking lot. That is a nightmare.
Gates open 4-4 1/2 hours before game time. The earlier the better for traffic.
Not sure where your seats are but once halftime is over the seats down low start to empty out. If you have young ones with you it is a good time to head down so they can get close.
As far as driving tips. Be aggressive as possible and flip the bird as much as you can.
Everyone will stay away from you this way Enjoy
People from NY think Boston driving is crazy. Definitely can't be passive & afraid of driving around here.

I'm from Boston though. Foxbo might as well be up in Canada :).

People from NY think Boston driving is crazy. Definitely can't be passive & afraid of driving around here.

I'm from Boston though. Foxbo might as well be up in Canada :).

I'm from and currently live in the Amherst area, so it's not exactly the midwest or Canada, but Boston is still a very alienating experience for me (in traffic and otherwise). I hate being in the way all the time.

I think you're a Catchurian Candidate...you ain't foolin' me, Panther ****

If Brady starts and Meyers is in the slot, that’s a pretty big indication of his advanced level at this point.

OT:

Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere; if so I did not see it. I forgot who commissioned the Fantasy football league the past couple of years, but are you guys doing it this year? If so, count me in again. :D

If Brady starts and Meyers is in the slot, that’s a pretty big indication of his advanced level at this point.
Maybe. I don't think JE, Flash, DT, Dorsett and Harris are playing so they may have no choice but to play him.

Gonna be fun watching who's among the starters this week

If Pennel doesn't play one snap with the #1 Defense, I'll be on team "he gone" too

Curious to see who plays with (or in place of) HT at ILB. Bentley wasn't all that good last game, honestly.

Also, really curious to see who are our main DEs. Bennett is for sure one, but is Wise our immediate sub? Could we see Wino with the big boys? (Not counting when Guy is at end, even if it does happen often)

Maybe. I don't think JE, Flash, DT, Dorsett and Harris are playing so they may have no choice but to play him.

Were any of them in red jerseys or sitting out when not in pads? Flash is out, but it's make or break time for the others except JE. If they practiced fully, I'd expect to see them play.

Were any of them in red jerseys or sitting out when not in pads? Flash is out, but it's make or break time for the others except JE. If they practiced fully, I'd expect to see them play.
Harris just returned Tuesday. Dorsett still has the thumb injury. Who knows about DT.

They very well be fighting for their roster lives but if they aren't ready,wont be effective or run the risk of exacerbating the injury it doesn't make sense.

Let's talk a bit about this one now that were just over 24 hours away. Personally I love this being our 3rd preseason game opponent. They do a lot of things well that the Pats traditionally have issues with. A Cam led team has played and beat the Pats twice.

Cam Newton is the type o QB that typically gives BB fits. Do they go back to sit back and make him pass to beat you or do they get after him? RBs who can catch has been another thing BB's D has big issues with. McCaffrey is about the best test one could ask for. Add in their ability to power run behind a very talented offensive line and it ha the makings of a team tailor made to give our D headaches. Of course that was then and this is now. How does the new D stack up?

On offense there are a lot of moving parts right now. How much will Edelman or DT play? Will Harry be out there? What will the OL look like together for the first time? Will we see Michel and if so how lonf? Will he pass catch and how well? Do we get clarity on the TE position. Where is LaCosse along on his recovery?

These questions will need to be answered against a unit that is not short on talent, particularly on the defensive front. Short, Addison, Poe and McCoy is one of the best DLs in the NFL. Add in guys like Shaq Thompson, Bruce Irvin and Luke Keuchy and this is a star studded front. Our OL will be tested for sure.

Their DBs are not the best in the world, even with Eric Reid back there. I would hope to see our WRs get something going vs a fairly lack luster DB core.

I don't disagree with anything, but I wouldn't be surprised in the PS that BB doesn't optimize game plan or personell for Carolina's specific weaknesses and strengths and just choses to play/scheme how he sees fit just for practice and roster evaluation.

I don't disagree with anything, but I wouldn't be surprised in the PS that BB doesn't optimize game plan or personell for Carolina's specific weaknesses and strengths and just choses to play/scheme how he sees fit just for practice and roster evaluation.

I wonder sometimes if he goes the opposite route. Puts a player in a position he knows they're going to have trouble succeeding in, to see if that weakness is something they can overcome, or if a smart coach could take advantage of it as a fatal flaw. Nothing too mastermindy, I'm sure he's not going crazy with it, but subtle things like making the corners play zone when he knows they match up better against a team in man, or placing a slower linebacker as the spy on a mobile QB. This is the time to find out who can do things in a pinch, and who shouldn't be counted on at all for certain assignments.

I wonder sometimes if he goes the opposite route. Puts a player in a position he knows they're going to have trouble succeeding in, to see if that weakness is something they can overcome, or if a smart coach could take advantage of it as a fatal flaw. Nothing too mastermindy, I'm sure he's not going crazy with it, but subtle things like making the corners play zone when he knows they match up better against a team in man, or placing a slower linebacker as the spy on a mobile QB. This is the time to find out who can do things in a pinch, and who shouldn't be counted on at all for certain assignments.
Astute observation.

I have two tickets that I’m not going to use and I’m happy to give away free of charge. They are in section 310 way up high. Literally very close to where Ernie Adams sits to watch the game. An awesome perspective but far and high.

First come first serve for the next 40 minutes. After that I am hoping to pass out from a loooooooong day.
Change your username immediately you imposter

I'm from and currently live in the Amherst area, so it's not exactly the midwest or Canada, but Boston is still a very alienating experience for me (in traffic and otherwise). I hate being in the way all the time.
Yea everyone here is 1000 mph 24/7. Actually catching up to me now. That's why or in part, everyone here wants to move out once we get enough money. Too fast, too much $, everyone walking w their heads down on a mission. Not the most friendly place. I love it but can definitely see myself moving in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes