PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions for Bucs record and Brady's stats 2022

This is what Bayless had to say about Brady in the early years and it was a very different opinion. Maybe he changed his mind. Unless he didn't really.

This is why he's an idiot.

Wouldn't say he sucked but this board wasn't all that impressed with him that year.

Gilmore had a PFF grade of 90 in 2017 while Butler's was 79. He was still the Pats best CB, despite what crawhummer says...

Last edited:
Gilmore had a PFF grade of 90 in 2017 while Butler's was 79. He was still the Pats best CB, despite what crawhummer says...
Butler had more passes defended, tackles, forced fumbles, and sacks. Gilmore wasn't that great in 2017. He didn't excel until 2018 and 2019. This isn't a debate about which DB was better anyway. My comment was about Butler's dependability and how he had led the team in defensive snaps up to the point of the Super Bowl when his defensive snap count was 0 due to a coach's decision. Rowe, Richards and Bademosi combined for 98 defensive snaps. How many head coaches in the history of the NFL have benched their snaps leader for the Super Bowl? It crippled the defense. After Brady had led 4 consecutive TD drives of 90, 75, 75, & 75 yards they had the lead but the defense so was inept they repeatedly couldn't stop a backup quarterback with the Eagles scoring on each of their final 5 possessions. An entire season down the toilet due to pigheadedness.

Butler had more passes defended, tackles, forced fumbles, and sacks. Gilmore wasn't that great in 2017. He didn't excel until 2018 and 2019. This isn't a debate about which DB was better anyway. My comment was about Butler's dependability and how he had led the team in defensive snaps up to the point of the Super Bowl when his defensive snap count was 0 due to a coach's decision. Rowe, Richards and Bademosi combined for 98 defensive snaps. How many head coaches in the history of the NFL have benched their snaps leader for the Super Bowl? It crippled the defense. After Brady had led 4 consecutive TD drives of 90, 75, 75, & 75 yards they had the lead but the defense so was inept they repeatedly couldn't stop a backup quarterback with the Eagles scoring on each of their final 5 possessions. An entire season down the toilet due to pigheadedness.
Gilmore sucked at the beginning of 2017.

I believe we had a thread about how the Gilmore contract was going to be an albatross that would keep us from ever winning another SB :D

But I mean yeah benching your #2 CB for the SB, and keeping him benched after witnessing the 1st half, has to be the dumbest personnel move in NFL history.

After Brady had led 4 consecutive TD drives of 90, 75, 75, & 75 yards they had the lead but the defense so was inept they repeatedly couldn't stop a backup quarterback with the Eagles scoring on each of their final 5 possessions. An entire season down the toilet due to pigheadedness.

And yet Tommy still had the game in his hands and fumbled it away...what he did the rest of the game doesn't matter..

Last edited:
This is pure trolling for anyone looking for an actual example of it...
And yet Tommy still had the game in his hands and fumbled it away...what he did the rest of the game doesn't matter..

Yep, Tommy is probably second guessing himself for coming back without Robbie G…LMAO

Last edited:
Christ, some of you need to get out more. Who would have thought that the angriest thread on the internet would be a Tom Brady discussion on a Patriots forum?
Who would have thought that any discussion about Brady would be banned from the main forum due to complaints from Pats fans. But it has been.

With that logic 42 was on the defense since they let Eli march down the field after the offense gave them a lead since rest of the game doesn't matter.

46 was purely on the offense I do agree there

With that logic 42 was on the defense since they let Eli march down the field after the offense gave them a lead since rest of the game doesn't matter.

46 was purely on the offense I do agree there

Let me be clear. Most of the blame in SB52 goes to the D, and not necessarily because of Malcolm Butler's benching b/c we don't know what would have happened had he played. The guy was supposedly sick and didn't have a sufficient understanding of the game plan. We know Bill has a rule that if you don't get the gameplan he's not going to put you in the game. However, the point remains that Brady still had a chance to win the game with 2:30 left. Isn't that Tommy time? You know, the guy you say is the most clutch player in NFL history?

Did the defense have the game in its hands in SB42 with 2 minutes left and blow it? Absolutely. But the offense was the main problem that day. I went back and looked at SB42 and noticed that when the Pats had 2:54 left in the 4th quarter and were at the Giants goal line, 3 straight pass plays were called. To me, this was probably the most foolish mistake of the game. I don't know if was McDaniels or Brady who did that. They should have called 2 runs and then gone pass on 3rd down. Assuming the Pats wouldn't have scored on 1st and 2nd down, it would have at least forced the Giants to use their final 2 timeouts and at best would have taken the game down to the 2 minute warning. Eli wouldn't have been able to do what he did with only 2 minutes left.

Last edited:
Let me be clear. Most of the blame in SB52 goes to the D, and not necessarily because of Malcolm Butler's benching b/c we don't know what would have happened had he played. The guy was supposedly sick and didn't have a sufficient understanding of the game plan. We know Bill has a rule that if you don't get the gameplan he's not going to put you in the game. However, the point remains that Brady still had a chance to win the game with 2:30 left. Isn't that Tommy time? You know, the guy you say is the most clutch player in NFL history?

Did the defense have the game in its hands in SB42 with 2 minutes left and blow it? Absolutely. But the offense was the main problem that day. I went back and looked at SB42 and noticed that when the Pats had 2:54 left in the 4th quarter and were at the Giants goal line, 3 straight pass plays were called. To me, this was probably the most foolish mistake of the game. I don't know if was McDaniels or Brady who did that. They should have called 2 runs and then gone pass on 3rd down. Assuming the Pats wouldn't have scored on 1st and 2nd down, it would have at least forced the Giants to use their final 2 timeouts and at best would have taken the game down to the 2 minute warning. Eli wouldn't have been able to do what he did with only 2 minutes left.
Nah I'm not blaming the defense for 42, 17 pts should've been enough for that offense I'm just using your logic of saying the rest of the game doesn't matter only the final 3 minutes.

Brady the choker. Dude sucks. Lol

But, but he throws too many passes. If other QBs threw as many passes they'd be better than Brady. So says the village idiot of the forum.

Poor Peyton

For anybody thinking TB gets carried by defenses this shuts it down.

But, but he throws too many passes. If other QBs threw as many passes they'd be better than Brady. So says the village idiot of the forum.

Now that you’ve come out of the closet, we know the real reason why you like Brady and it has nothing to do with football LMAO

Who would have thought that any discussion about Brady would be banned from the main forum due to complaints from Pats fans. But it has been.
The irony is the person who complains about the Brady talk on the main forum is the single most obsessive Brady poster on the entire board.

The irony is the person who complains about the Brady talk on the main forum is the single most obsessive Brady poster on the entire board.
That's very true but the bigger irony is that he's a member on a forum named patsfans. Shouldn't you actually be a Pats fan? Do yourselves a favor and put dipsht10 on ignore........

That's very true but the bigger irony is that he's a member on a forum named patsfans. Shouldn't you actually be a Pats fan? Do yourselves a favor and put dipsht10 on ignore........

LOL at the guy who never posts about Patriots-related topics, just on Brady...

LOL at the guy who never posts about Patriots-related topics, just on Brady...
Sounds like you
Screenshot_20220715-070512_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220715-070552_Chrome.jpg
Your last Patriots related post was the O/U Mac thread

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick