PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions for Bucs record and Brady's stats 2022

I agree about the run defense. Funny what happens when you're in nickel all game and the best tackling corner on the roster is benched for some reason and players like Bademosi and Jordan Richards are asked to step up instead.

"Had the game in the bag" - they were down 5 with 2 minutes left there was no guarantee of anything. The screenshot below is why the play turned out the way it did. When the pass rush has a free lane to the QB bad things usually happen. Yes Brady should have seen White right there near the number but checking down to him was probably near the end of his progressions and I'm not convinced he would have had time to go there anyway... and when a defender is heading right toward you because your guard missed his block badly that's not easy to do. This takes absolutely nothing away from the game Brady had. Any other QB and they get blown right out of the building.
View attachment 43791

There's also no proof that Butler would have done anything had he played, if we are going to play that game. Before the game, would you rather have Malcolm Butler play or Tommy have the ball with 2 minutes left with a chance to win it? I think most people would say the latter.

There's also no proof that Butler would have done anything had he played, if we are going to play that game.

No there's not proof but we know what happened for sure when he did not play. Butler didn't have to play like Deion Sanders he just needed to make one or two more plays on third down that the clown show out there couldn't make and we win. And he would have no doubt about it.

It was a historic blunder.

No there's not proof but we know what happened for sure when he did not play. Butler didn't have to play like Deion Sanders he just needed to make one or two more plays on third down that the clown show out there couldn't make and we win. And he would have no doubt about it.

It was a historic blunder.

Again, we don’t know what would have happened. However, we do know Brady had the ball with 2 minutes left and fumbled.

Again, we don’t know what would have happened. However, we do know Brady had the ball with 2 minutes left and fumbled.
Which wasn't really on Brady, as I already showed.

Which wasn't really on Brady, as I already showed.

LOL, yeah it was...I suggest you watch the play again. There were no "free lanes," as you claim. Brady was eyeing Gronk all the way and missed a wide open James White.

LOL, yeah it was...I suggest you watch the play again. There were no "free lanes," as you claim. Brady was eyeing Gronk all the way and missed a wide open James White.
Brady was absolutely not eyeing Gronk. I'm sure you must know what QB progressions are. White as the checkdown would be close to the last read if not the last. Brady was going through his progressions like every NFL QB does on every single pass play. I'm sure he saw White there when it was too late but by then he had no chance to get the ball to him before the pass rush got home.

The play breakdown was on the pass blocking failure with Graham having a free run to Brady after Mason whiffed. Not the QB. And even if it was it takes nothing away from a historical game blown almost singlehandedly by one unfortunate coaching decision.

Last edited:
Brady was absolutely not eyeing Gronk. I'm sure you must know what QB progressions are. White as the checkdown would be close to the last read if not the last. Brady was going through his progressions like every NFL QB does on every single pass play. I'm sure he saw White there when it was too late but by then he had no chance to get the ball to him before the pass rush got home.

The play breakdown was on the pass blocking failure with Graham having a free run to Brady after Mason whiffed. Not the QB. And even if it was it takes nothing away from a historical game blown almost singlehandedly by one unfortunate coaching decision.

He was eyeing someone downfield...either Gronk or Hogan. It's up to Brady to get rid of the ball quickly as the pocket collapsed around him. Mason did not whiff - Graham bounced off him, went around him, and slapped Brady's arm. If Brady immediately went to White knowing the pocket was collapsing, then there would have been no fumble.

And I suggest that you watch the game over again. You say it was a "historical game," but Brady didn't do much in the 1st half and he himself said that the Pats were playing catch up the whole time. In Man in the Arena, Brady says he blew it by dropping Amendola's "perfect throw" (his words).

And LOL that you'd rather put Butler in the game than give the ball to TB12 with 2:30 seconds left to win the game.

This is the point where Brady should have hit White for an easy 1st down...Notice White is looking back at Brady and wants the ball. Brady is instead looking downfield. White easily could have gotten to the 40 yard line.

Screen Shot 2022-07-08 at 8.15.55 AM.png

Last edited:
You say it was a "historical game," but Brady didn't do much in the 1st half
He had 273 yards passing at halftime against the #4 scoring defense in the league. I wouldn't call that "not doing much" I'd call that historical.

And sure Brady will take blame for the missed catch because that's what leaders do but I’m not going to blame him for a stupid play call that should have never seen the light of day. Almost took a non contact injury on the same play in the Titans game the year after. Brady is GOAT because he is a QB not a receiver.

You've heard of progressions right? I already said Brady was going through his progressions on the play like every single NFL QB does on every pass. White was the checkdown and probably his last read. Your screenshot was a lot earlier in the play so of course he'd look to his first and second reads first and no he wouldn't go to White there. Outcome was on blown pass protection not the QB no matter how much you wish it were so. :)

The coach lost the game almost all by himself by benching his best tackling corner. That was the difference. Just like the coaching lost the Bucs game last year by not trusting his rookie QB to make a 4th and 3 against a shell of a secondary. Even the best coaches make mistakes but the Super Bowl one was very costly.

Last edited:
He had 273 yards passing at halftime against the #4 scoring defense in the league. I wouldn't call that "not doing much" I'd call that historical.

Brady and Gronk themselves said the offense wasn't doing much the first half. See Man in the Arena. episode 8. Those were their words.

And sure Brady will take blame for the missed catch because that's what leaders do but I’m not going to blame him for a stupid play call that should have never seen the light of day. Almost took a non contact injury on the same play in the Titans game the year after. Brady is GOAT because he is a QB not a receiver.

And if you Watch Man in the Arena, Brady admitted that he was the one who wanted that play in the game because the Pats ran it successfully vs the Eagles in 2015.

You've heard of progressions right? I already said Brady was going through his progressions on the play like every single NFL QB does on every pass. White was the checkdown and probably his last read. Your screenshot was a lot earlier in the play so of course he'd look to his first and second reads first and no he wouldn't go to White there. Outcome was on blown pass protection not the QB no matter how much you wish it were so. :)

This tells me you know very little about football. There are plenty of times when QBs don't have time to go through all their progressions. That fumble was on Brady. Even if Shaq Mason properly blocked Graham, you had Fletcher Cox pushing Thuney back into Brady. The blocking could have been better, but in the end Brady is the one responsible for getting rid of the ball and he had time to hit James White.

The coach lost the game almost all by himself by benching his best tackling corner. That was the difference. Just like the coaching lost the Bucs game last year by not trusting his rookie QB to make a 4th and 3 against a shell of a secondary. Even the best coaches make mistakes but the Super Bowl one was very costly.

The defense was the culprit in that game but he didn't lose it all by himself. You're the only one on this board who thinks so. As we know, Butler had a bad week of practice leading up to the super bowl. We know for a fact that he was sick and even missed the team flight. There is no guarantee that he would have been the difference, no matter what you think. We DO know that Brady had the ball with 2:30 left in the 4th to win the super bowl. Almost any patriots fan would have taken that situation in a heartbeat before the game.

Brady and Gronk themselves said the offense wasn't doing much the first half. See Man in the Arena. episode 8. Those were their words.
He threw for that many yards against the #4 defense in the league at halftime.

If they think that's not doing much imagine how good they really are. Funny that the Patriots then decided to move on and they did that with a new team.
And if you Watch Man in the Arena, Brady admitted that he was the one who wanted that play in the game because the Pats ran it successfully vs the Eagles in 2015.
Doesn't mean it wasn't a stupid play call. He doesn't need to be catching passes for any reason whether he wants to or not.
This tells me you know very little about football. There are plenty of times when QBs don't have time to go through all their progressions.
The screenshot you showed me did not have a collapsing pocket. He was going through his reads and there was never any chance he was going to White while he was doing that. By the time he probably saw the check down it was too late.

That fumble was on Brady.
No not really.
Even if Shaq Mason properly blocked Graham, you had Fletcher Cox pushing Thuney back into Brady. The blocking could have been better,
Ya think?

but in the end Brady is the one responsible for getting rid of the ball and he had time to hit James White.
No he did not. And like I said already even if that was true that takes zip away from the game he just had, one of the all time greatest Super Bowl performances if not the greatest. Anything less than elite GOAT level QB play and the Patriots get blown right out of the building by Nick Foles.

The defense was the culprit in that game but he didn't lose it all by himself. You're the only one on this board who thinks so. As we know, Butler had a bad week of practice leading up to the super bowl. We know for a fact that he was sick and even missed the team flight. There is no guarantee that he would have been the difference, no matter what you think.
I said MB didn't need to dominate all game. The Eagles punted once and went something like 7/11 on third down. Just get one or two stops on third down that the clown show they had out there couldn't make. That's all he needed to do and he would have without a doubt, Pats win. There is no way Bill looked at Richards, Bademosi and Chung out of position and decided that it was a better option than playing MB. Not a chance. Wickersham even confirmed it was disciplinary. Trying to win a Super Bowl is not the time to do that. Play the guy, win the SB which they would have and then tell MB to clean out his locker at Foxboro. That was the right way to handle it.

It's ok to admit Bill makes mistakes once in a while and that was a huge one.

We DO know that Brady had the ball with 2:30 left in the 4th to win the super bowl. Almost any patriots fan would have taken that situation in a heartbeat before the game.
We do know that a blown block by the RG leads to a bad outcome for the QB almost every single time. Those outcomes are almost never on the QB.

Last edited:
Stop spreading the BiG LIE. No not that one. Brady is the GOAT.

He threw for that many yards against the #4 defense in the league at halftime.

If they think that's not doing much imagine how good they really are. Funny that the Patriots then decided to move on and they did that with a new team.

Yards don't get you points...

Doesn't mean it wasn't a stupid play call. He doesn't need to be catching passes for any reason whether he wants to or not.

Then he should have told Josh to take it out of the game plan.

The screenshot you showed me did not have a collapsing pocket. He was going through his reads and there was never any chance he was going to White while he was doing that. By the time he probably saw the check down it was too late.

Then watch the play.

No he did not. And like I said already even if that was true that takes zip away from the game he just had, one of the all time greatest Super Bowl performances if not the greatest. Anything less than elite GOAT level QB play and the Patriots get blown right out of the building by Nick Foles.

Why did he have a 58% completion percentage? And his passer rating suggests otherwise...

I said MB didn't need to dominate all game. The Eagles punted once and went something like 7/11 on third down. Just get one or two stops on third down that the clown show they had out there couldn't make. That's all he needed to do and he would have without a doubt, Pats win. There is no way Bill looked at Richards, Bademosi and Chung out of position and decided that it was a better option than playing MB. Not a chance. Wickersham even confirmed it was disciplinary. Trying to win a Super Bowl is not the time to do that. Play the guy, win the SB which they would have and then tell MB to clean out his locker at Foxboro. That was the right way to handle it.

It's ok to admit Bill makes mistakes once in a while and that was a huge one.

We do know that a blown block by the RG leads to a bad outcome for the QB almost every single time. Those outcomes are almost never on the QB.

So again, you think the odds are better of Malcolm Butler, a guy who used to work at Popeye's, getting a stop on 3rd down is greater than Brady leading his team to victory with 2:30 left? LMAO

Last edited:
What do you mean"so what?" If other QBs threw the ball as much as he did Brady's numbers wouldn't have been that impressive...

In fact, if Stafford threw the ball as many times as Brady, he would have demolished Brady's numbers...
If Stafford had as many pass attempts as Brady then his INTs would have been in the 20s. Brady hasn't ever had more than 14 INTs in a season so forget him reaching 20 under any circumstances.

Completion%, TD%, INT%, etc. Brady ranked in the top 10. He had a phenomenal MVP-caliber season however you want to look at his numbers.

It's common sense that if you throw the ball more you're going to get more completions, touchdowns, yards, etc.
Wrong! Going back only three seasons...

2020 Ryan led the NFL in attempts but not in yards or TDs.
2019 Winston led the NFL in attempts but not in completions or TDs. He led the NFL in INTs with 30.
2018 Roethlisberger led the NFL in attempts but not in TDs. He also led the NFL in INTs.

Brady is the first quarterback to lead the NFL in attempts, completions, yards and TDs since Peyton Manning in 2013.

Bill was certainly more responsible for that loss than Brady, but what killed us that game was our run D sucked without Hightower. Eagles RBs got 164 yards rushing and Clement got 100 yards receiving out of the backfield. Not to mention two touchdowns that should not have counted...
What killed the Patriots in that game was a uniformed Malcolm Butler inexplicably standing on the sideline for every defensive snap.

So again, you think the odds are better of Malcolm Butler, a guy who used to work at Popeye's, getting a stop on 3rd down is greater than Brady leading his team to victory with 2:30 left? LMAO
You're blowing off the point. They're wasn't necessarily an either or scenario of Butler playing in the game or Butler not playing and Brady having the ball late in the 4th quarter. Butler should have started, at the very least played a majority percentage of the defensive snaps, especially considering he played 100% of defensive snaps in the postseason to that point after 98% of defensive snaps for the entirety of the regular season. It wasn't just Butler's absence either, it was the consequence of his absence, which was far less experienced and far worse players occupying his snaps. The decision to bench Butler lost the game.

Why are you comparing a rookie QB to Brady? If only Mac had a bunch of all-stars like Evans, Godwin, Brown, and Fournette...
Jones is not putting together the season Brady had with that supporting cast. He especially isn't doing squat once three of those guys were unavailable. Jones is an NFL quarterback so I'm comparing him to another NFL quarterback. You don't give any consideration for Brady being 44 so Jones doesn't get any slack for being a rookie. Apples to Apples, Brady was a much better quarterback than Jones last season.

What does this have to do with his 1-7 record vs the Rams and Saints? We wouldn't be talking about Brady winning SB 55 if the Bucs faced the Rams in the playoffs in 2020..
You would have said the same thing about facing the Saints, which they did, and beat them. They lost to the Rams by a FG in the 2020 regular season matchup. They won three straight road games, scoring 30 points per game, to get to the Super Bowl. Brady and the Bucs certainly weren't losing to Goff and the Rams in Tampa Bay at that point in their season. You forget they won their last 8 games of the season averaging 35 points per game.

It's happened a number of times before in the playoffs...no idea why@SB1 is making a big deal out of it. The worst defensive showing in NFL history was the Bears beating the Redskins 70-0.
That 73-0 game isn't a good comparison. The Bears defense forced 9 turnovers including 3 pick-sixes. The Patriots loss was about complete ineptness defensively.

I copied this from a cbssports.com article:

The Buffalo Bills had an offensive performance for the ages on Saturday night, a feat that has never been executed in NFL history. In the Bills' 47-17 blowout victory over the New England Patriots, Buffalo never punted, kicked a field goal, nor turned the ball over -- the first team in league history to go an entire game with no kicks, punts, or turnovers.

Buffalo's first negative play from scrimmage came on the second-to-final play of the game, a kneeldown from backup quarterback Mitch Trubisky to run the clock out. The Bills scored on their first seven possessions, the first team in NFL playoff history to accomplish that feat.

Here was the "perfect" offensive game by the Bills:

• Scored a touchdown on all seven offensive drives (excluding kneeldowns)
  • Averaged 12.3 yards per pass
  • Averaged 6.0 yards per rush
  • Did not take a sack
  • Went 6-for-7 on 3rd down and the only 3rd down they did not convert was the final kneeldown of the game
  • Had more touchdown passes (five) than incompletions (four)
  • Gained yards on 49 of 51 plays (excluding kneeldowns)
  • Only negative yardage plays were two kneeldowns at the end of the game
The Bills are the second team in the Super Bowl era to score a touchdown on seven straight possessions in a playoff game. The only other team to accomplish that feat was the 2019 Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC Divisional Playoffs against the Houston Texans. The 47 points were the most points a Bill Belichick coached team has ever allowed in a playoff game, including his time as a head coach and defensive coordinator.

No team may ever accomplish what the Bills did in the playoffs Saturday -- a new first in the NFL record books.

It's the worst postseason showing for a defense in the history of the NFL. It's a big deal.

Reactions: sb1
Here’s what happens if Brady doesn’t get strip sacked in SB 52. He drives down the field, they get a TD to go up 1 and then depending on if they then convert the two point conversion the Eagles then proceed to kick a field goal to either tie the game and send it into OT or, more likely, win because the defense wouldn’t have stopped them.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Yards don't get you points...
Yards lets you keep the ball and minimizes how long your defense that was kneecapped by a coaching decision is exposed.

Then he should have told Josh to take it out of the game plan.
I am not going to fault Brady for doing something he had no business doing regardless whether he wanted to or not. It's like seeing Isaiah Wynn kick and miss a FG and blaming him for it.

Then watch the play.
I did.
Why did he have a 58% completion percentage? And his passer rating suggests otherwise...
500+ yards passing with 3 TD, 0 INT and a 115 rating against the #4 scoring defense in the league with no defense to bail you out is otherwise? No it was one of the greatest SB passing performances of all time if not the greatest.
Butler plays, Pats win. He didn't, and we were rolled by Nick Foles. Woof.

Last edited:

What's amazing about the 2nd set of numbers that are equal or generally better than the 1st, is that for half that period Brady was 40+ years of age.

What's amazing about the 2nd set of numbers that are equal or generally better than the 1st, is that for half that period Brady was 40+ years of age.
Since his main rival PM retired in 2015 Tom has had a HOF career in that span lmao

2016 SB
2017 SB Loss
2018 SB
2019 Playoff App
2020 SB
2021 Playoff App

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill