PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions for Bucs record and Brady's stats 2022

No it wasn't the worst defensive showing in the history of the NFL playoffs. There are many that are worse, including Montana's drubbing of the Broncos in SB 24. Get some perspective.

And it wasn't a great showing by the defense vs Buffalo, but NE is ahead of schedule in terms of rebuilding. They weren't even supposed to be in the playoffs last year with a rookie QB. I'd rather make the playoffs and get blown out than not make the playoffs at all. In fact, NE not only made the playoffs but they were in contention for the 1 seed up until the last month after a 1-3 start. You weren't complaining about Stevie at the beginning of December when we were 9-4....

So now back to the original question - why did Brady choke vs the Saints? All the Bucs needed was a FG to win and Tommy had 1:30 left in the 4th quarter - isn't that Tommy time? He had Godwin, Gronk, Evans, and Fournette as weapons that day. Meanwhile, NO was playing with Trevor Siemian for most of the game, and Tommy still couldn't win? LMAO
Yes it was the worst defensive showing in the history of the NFL playoffs, and quite possibly in any NFL game. It doesn't matter if they were or weren't supposed to be in the playoffs. No NFL defense up to that game had ever allowed a "perfect" game of all TD drives by the opposing offense. The Broncos defense at least got Montana and the 49ers offense to punt 3 times in that Super Bowl. The Patriots haven't forced the Bills to punt in 9 quarters and counting. Maybe it would be 13 quarters and counting if the weather was nice in Buffalo the first time. Just a remarkable job by a defense that was supposed to be the strength of this team.

I am a Patriots fan and not a Bucs fan so that means a lot more to me than a meaningless regular season game by another team and another QB. You're chirping about that but nobody except you will remember that or care. But that defensive gem in the wildcard game won't be forgotten. It was one for the books. Just a stellar job by the coaches named Belichick having the team prepared for a playoff game. Poor Mac didn't have a chance and because that happened we still don't have a legit read on Mac in a playoff situation. Maybe once Bill decides to retire we can get a good DC here that won't allow an embarrassment like that to happen on his watch.

So now back to the original question - why did Brady choke vs the Saints? All the Bucs needed was a FG to win and Tommy had 1:30 left in the 4th quarter - isn't that Tommy time? He had Godwin, Gronk, Evans, and Fournette as weapons that day. Meanwhile, NO was playing with Trevor Siemian for most of the game, and Tommy still couldn't win? LMAO
You're comparing a regular season game to a playoff game?? Damn board has sunk low

You're comparing a regular season game to a playoff game?? Damn board has sunk low

When did I compare a regular season game to a playoff game? May I remind you that Tampa would have gotten the 1 seed and possibly avoided the Rams in the playoffs had they won that game?

Yes it was the worst defensive showing in the history of the NFL playoffs, and quite possibly in any NFL game. It doesn't matter if they were or weren't supposed to be in the playoffs. No NFL defense up to that game had ever allowed a "perfect" game of all TD drives by the opposing offense. The Broncos defense at least got Montana and the 49ers offense to punt 3 times in that Super Bowl. The Patriots haven't forced the Bills to punt in 9 quarters and counting. Maybe it would be 13 quarters and counting if the weather was nice in Buffalo the first time. Just a remarkable job by a defense that was supposed to be the strength of this team.

No one seems to be talking about the Bills playoff game as the "worst game in NFL history" except you...the truth is, as everyone here knows, the Pats were going nowhere last year regardless of whether they beat the Bills or not. It doesn't matter how they lost.

I am a Patriots fan and not a Bucs fan so that means a lot more to me than a meaningless regular season game by another team and another QB. You're chirping about that but nobody except you will remember that or care. But that defensive gem in the wildcard game won't be forgotten. It was one for the books. Just a stellar job by the coaches named Belichick having the team prepared for a playoff game. Poor Mac didn't have a chance and because that happened we still don't have a legit read on Mac in a playoff situation.

No you're not. And this thread is about Brady, not the pats. Stick to the topic.

Maybe once Bill decides to retire we can get a good DC here that won't allow an embarrassment like that to happen on his watch.

I'll remember that

When did I compare a regular season game to a playoff game? May I remind you that Tampa would have gotten the 1 seed and possibly avoided the Rams in the playoffs had they won that game?
Nothing matters anymore TB has won a Superbowl away from NE. Whatever he does since that day just keeps adding to his records. To engage you in conversation though the Washington loss was even worse. I think he looked as bad as ever in that game

No one seems to be talking about the Bills playoff game as the "worst game in NFL history" except you...the truth is, as everyone here knows, the Pats were going nowhere last year regardless of whether they beat the Bills or not. It doesn't matter how they lost.
Like I said if either myself anyone else here was a Bucs fan like you like to say we are none of us would care less about the Patriots having the worst defensive playoff showing of all time in that game. Which it was. That matters to us.

A cherry picked game from our ex QB in a meaningless regular season game after he already won a Super Bowl away from the Patriots and BB and cinched his legacy? Eh. Irrelevant. :)

Like I said if either myself anyone else here was a Bucs fan like you like to say we are none of us would care less about the Patriots having the worst defensive playoff showing of all time in that game. Which it was. That matters to us.

A cherry picked game from our ex QB in a meaningless regular season game after he already won a Super Bowl away from the Patriots and BB and cinched his legacy? Eh. Irrelevant. :)

Please show me the expert opinions that this was the "worst defensive playoff showing of all time"...because I'm not seeing it. What I've read is that it was "embarrassing" and one of Bill's worst playoff losses, etc., which it was. But hardly anything to panic over. We got our butts handed to us in 2009 by the Ravens and proceeded to just fine in the ensuing years. If anything the loss is a wakeup call that will make us stronger.

And when you are fighting for the 1 seed, the game is not a "meaningless regular season" game. You keep telling me how clutch Tommy is - well, where was his "clutchness" vs New Orleans with the game on the line? Brady had the worst games of his career vs the Rams and Saints over the past two seasons. I've never seen him get owned the way he's gotten owned by those teams. Going 1-7 vs those teams wouldn't have happened with Bill.

Last edited:
I'd rather make the playoffs and get blown out than not make the playoffs at all.
Lol
This from the clown that can't shut up about Montana having a 4-0 SB record being better than Brady's 7-3.

Not sure why you guys continue to engage this moronic dweeb.

His schtick is old and stail. Stop feeding the troll guys. He's irrelevant.

Lol
This from the clown that can't shut up about Montana having a 4-0 SB record being better than Brady's 7-3.

Not sure why you guys continue to engage this moronic dweeb.

His schtick is old and stail. Stop feeding the troll guys. He's irrelevant.

^^^^^^ America hater LMAO

He also had the second most passing attempts in NFL history....something you don't seem to understand.
So what? He had the third most passing yards in NFL history. Are you really denying that Brady had a great 2022 season? If so then you must really think Mac Jones sucked.

TDs
43 - Brady (1st)
22 - Jones (t-14th)

Yards
5316 - Brady (1st)
3801 - Jones (13th)

Y/G
312.7 - Brady (1st)
223.6 - Jones (17th)

Passer Rating
102.1 - Brady (7th)
92.5 - Jones (15th)

So Brady is in the bottom 10 of all QBs Belichick has faced...that's good to know.
It's a 17 game schedule... so Brady ranked in the top 8 of all QBs Belichick faced last season... do you realize how stupid this particular ranking is?

And it wasn't Brady who beat Belichick. It was the Bucs kicker who was responsible for most of the Bucs points that day.
Who was the winning quarterback of record?
Who was the losing head coach of record?

LMAO maybe you can explain to me why Mr Clutch threw a pick 6 with 1:30 seconds left to end the game. All the Bucs needed was a FG drive to beat the Saints and they would have gotten the 1 seed...
Nice snapshot... you can see everyone is covered. He's at the TB20 with 90 seconds left and he's trying to make a play... last I checked his completion percentage isn't 100%. It was also week 8 so there was more than half the season left to determine playoff seeding.

By the time they got to the playoffs they had no Godwin or Brown and even were without Perriman and Grayson (who miraculously had become important by the end of the season). Brady had one viable WR in Evans in that game and he was still able to mount a furious comeback. They just got outdone by Stafford to Kupp and were beaten by a better team at that point in the season.

Why did Tom Brady go 1-7 vs the Saints and Rams over the past 2 years without BB? I've never seen Brady look so awful before.
Awful? He won the Super Bowl and was named MVP of the game with Bruce Arians as his head coach. He had an MVP season last year. Brady had his best two back-to-back seasons of his career with Bruce Arians. At ages 43 & 44.

Amazing that all of you are predicting a 14-3 or 13-4 record with a former Jete head coach with a 24-40 record...

Not only that the Bucs look worse on paper than they did last year.
Do you have a prediction for the Bucs record? Or you're just going to ridicule them until they're posting a winning record and then you'll make really lame excuses for why they're winning.

And it wasn't a great showing by the defense vs Buffalo, but NE is ahead of schedule in terms of rebuilding. They weren't even supposed to be in the playoffs last year with a rookie QB. I'd rather make the playoffs and get blown out than not make the playoffs at all. In fact, NE not only made the playoffs but they were in contention for the 1 seed up until the last month after a 1-3 start. You weren't complaining about Stevie at the beginning of December when we were 9-4....
The team went into the toilet thereafter and they finished out the season with a 1-4 record. How is it Belichick coached teams have gone 2-4, 1-3 and 1-4 to finish out the last 3 seasons with a combined 4-11 record? Pretty much debunks the notion that his teams get better after Thanksgiving.

No one seems to be talking about the Bills playoff game as the "worst game in NFL history" except you...
Has this ever happened before in the postseason? A defense really couldn't be worse.

Bills Drives...
#QuarterTimeLOSPlaysLengthNet YdsResult
1115:00BUF 3095:1570Touchdown
215:40BUF 20105:0080Touchdown
3213:23BUF 19106:0381Touchdown
423:44BUF 1141:5189Touchdown
6312:53BUF 4264:0558Touchdown
734:12BUF 2395:5077Touchdown
8410:13NWE 3931:3639Touchdown
941:44BUF 2331:44-2End of Game

Patriots didn't have a genius on the sideline for that showing.

at least he made the playoffs...
Once in 5 years and all he had to show for it was 1 win against Drew Bledsoe who had a career postseason passer rating of 54.9.

So what? He had the third most passing yards in NFL history. Are you really denying that Brady had a great 2022 season? If so then you must really think Mac Jones sucked.

What do you mean"so what?" If other QBs threw the ball as much as he did Brady's numbers wouldn't have been that impressive...

In fact, if Stafford threw the ball as many times as Brady, he would have demolished Brady's numbers...

TDs
43 - Brady (1st)
22 - Jones (t-14th)

Yards
5316 - Brady (1st)
3801 - Jones (13th)

Y/G
312.7 - Brady (1st)
223.6 - Jones (17th)

Passer Rating
102.1 - Brady (7th)
92.5 - Jones (15th)

Why are you comparing a rookie QB to Brady? If only Mac had a bunch of all-stars like Evans, Godwin, Brown, and Fournette...
Nice snapshot... you can see everyone is covered. He's at the TB20 with 90 seconds left and he's trying to make a play... last I checked his completion percentage isn't 100%. It was also week 8 so there was more than half the season left to determine playoff seeding.

Yes, everyone was covered, so that begs the question, why did Mr. Clutch throw the ball in that situation? He easily could have thrown the ball out of bounds.

By the time they got to the playoffs they had no Godwin or Brown and even were without Perriman and Grayson (who miraculously had become important by the end of the season). Brady had one viable WR in Evans in that game and he was still able to mount a furious comeback. They just got outdone by Stafford to Kupp and were beaten by a better team at that point in the season.

Bummer.

The Rams also beat the Bucs with those players you mentioned earlier that season.

Awful? He won the Super Bowl and was named MVP of the game with Bruce Arians as his head coach. He had an MVP season last year. Brady had his best two back-to-back seasons of his career with Bruce Arians. At ages 43 & 44.

What does this have to do with his 1-7 record vs the Rams and Saints? We wouldn't be talking about Brady winning SB 55 if the Bucs faced the Rams in the playoffs in 2020..

Do you have a prediction for the Bucs record? Or you're just going to ridicule them until they're posting a winning record and then you'll make really lame excuses for why they're winning.

10-7 or 11-6

Has this ever happened before in the postseason? A defense really couldn't be worse.

Bills Drives...
#QuarterTimeLOSPlaysLengthNet YdsResult
1115:00BUF 3095:1570Touchdown
215:40BUF 20105:0080Touchdown
3213:23BUF 19106:0381Touchdown
423:44BUF 1141:5189Touchdown
6312:53BUF 4264:0558Touchdown
734:12BUF 2395:5077Touchdown
8410:13NWE 3931:3639Touchdown
941:44BUF 2331:44-2End of Game

It's happened a number of times before in the playoffs...no idea why@SB1 is making a big deal out of it. The worst defensive showing in NFL history was the Bears beating the Redskins 70-0.

Indefensible:

Buffalo scored a touchdown on all seven of its possessions outside of a kneel-down at the end of the game, becoming the first team in the Super Bowl era to score a TD on each of its first seven drives of a playoff game, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

The Bills also became the first team in NFL history to go an entire playoff game without a punt, field goal or turnover.

With the victory, the Bills have beaten the Patriots twice by double digits in a single season (33-21 in Week 16), becoming the first team to do so since Bill Belichick became head coach.

Reactions: sb1
What do you mean"so what?" If other QBs threw the ball as much as he did Brady's numbers wouldn't have been that impressive...
But they didn't and Brady was the best QB in football last year.
Why are you comparing a rookie QB to Brady? If only Mac had a bunch of all-stars like Evans, Godwin, Brown, and Fournette...
I think the point was if you are playing down Brady's MVP caliber season then I guess Mac must not have had a good year either by comparison. Nor every other QB in the league since Brady is the best QB in football.

Yes, everyone was covered, so that begs the question, why did Mr. Clutch throw the ball in that situation? He easily could have thrown the ball out of bounds.
You're trying way too hard man.
What does this have to do with his 1-7 record vs the Rams and Saints? We wouldn't be talking about Brady winning SB 55 if the Bucs faced the Rams in the playoffs in 2020..
Funny how 1-7 is "his" record but Brady's Super Bowl wins were his team's/defense's/coach's :)

It's happened a number of times before in the playoffs...no idea why@SB1 is making a big deal out of it. The worst defensive showing in NFL history was the Bears beating the Redskins 70-0.
You sure? The Bears scored 11 TDs, 3 of those were pick 6's so there were really 8 TD allowed by the defense. Redskins threw 8 picks so there's no doubt a bunch of those TD drives were on short fields. And we're talking about a game 80 years ago in a 10 team NFL with the Brooklyn Dodgers in the Redskins division. LOL.

In our game the Bills scored 7 TDs with the Pats D surrendering drives of 70, 80, 81, 89, 58, 77 and 39 yards. 6 for 6 on third down. Also punched in the mouth and bullied on the ground. Allowed 170+ yards and 6 yards per rush to a team that isn't one of the league's rushing powerhouse teams. Allen with a 157 rating and nearly a perfect QBR of 98.5. No punts, no FG drive, no turnovers. Almost literally a perfect game by the Bills offense not counting the kneel down at the end. Mac never had a chance and because the coaches had the defense so unprepared for a division rival that they played twice already in the month prior we got absolutely nothing from Mac in that game that tells us how he is in a playoff situation.

Worst defensive showing in the playoffs of all time, no doubt about that. Heads should have rolled after that embarrassment. We know Bill won't fire himself so why wasn't Stevie fired?

Yes I'm making a big deal out of it cause it's funny that everyone you're calling a "Bucs fan" is also angry at that loss... that's a funny way to show we're "Bucs fans" and not Patriots fans ;)

Last edited:
But they didn't and Brady was the best QB in football last year.

No he wasn't. He would have gotten MVP if he was. It's common sense that if you throw the ball more you're going to get more completions, touchdowns, yards, etc. So those numbers have to be taken in context. Perhaps if the Bucs ran the ball more they would have beaten the Rams.

I think the point was if you are playing down Brady's MVP caliber season then I guess Mac must not have had a good year either by comparison. Nor every other QB in the league since Brady is the best QB in football.

You're trying way too hard man.

What does Mac have to do with Brady (or this thread)?
Funny how 1-7 is "his" record but Brady's Super Bowl wins were his team's/defense's/coach's :)

Yep.
You sure? The Bears scored 11 TDs, 3 of those were pick 6's so there were really 8 TD allowed by the defense. Redskins threw 8 picks so there's no doubt a bunch of those TD drives were on short fields. And we're talking about a game 80 years ago. LOL.

In our game the Bills scored 7 TDs with the Pats D surrendering drives of 70, 80, 81, 89, 58, 77 and 39 yards. 6 for 6 on third down. Also punched in the mouth and bullied on the ground. Allowed 170+ yards and 6 yards per rush to a team that isn't one of the league's rushing powerhouse teams. Allen with a 157 rating and nearly a perfect QBR of 98.5. No punts, no FG drive, no turnovers. Almost literally a perfect game by the Bills offense not counting the kneel down at the end. Mac never had a chance and because the coaches had the defense so unprepared for a division rival that they played twice already in the month prior we got absolutely nothing from Mac in that game that tells us how he is in a playoff situation.

Worst defensive showing in the playoffs of all time, no doubt about that. Heads should have rolled after that embarrassment. We know Bill won't fire himself so why wasn't Stevie fired?

Yes I'm making a big deal out of it cause it's funny that everyone you're calling a "Bucs fan" is also angry at that loss... that's a funny way to show we're "Bucs fans" and not Patriots fans ;)

Silly me, I thought that points allowed is the most important factor for measuring a defense, not punts.

You still haven't cited any expert that it "worst defensive performance of all time." In fact there were at least 8 other NFL playoff games where one team didn't punt (Fewest Punts A Single Playoff Game NFL | StatMuse). So this is all your opinion. Ever notice that the main board is not up in arms about last year's playoff loss to the Bills? You're the only one who thinks it's the "worst defensive performance of all time." And we know why you are saying that - you are trying to take a shot at Bill. You won't even mention this opinion on the main board because you're afraid of the other posters lol. He deserves to be criticized for the game, but we've had worse playoff games before, including an embarrassing 17-14 loss in SB 42 (but that was more offense than defense) and the Ravens in 2009.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
No he wasn't. He would have gotten MVP if he was. It's common sense that if you throw the ball more you're going to get more completions, touchdowns, yards, etc. So those numbers have to be taken in context. Perhaps if the Bucs ran the ball more they would have beaten the Rams.
MVP isn't the best QB in football award it's how many MVP votes you get. Brady was the best QB in football last season and still is today.
Silly me, I thought that points allowed is the most important factor for measuring a defense, not punts.

You still haven't cited any expert that it "worst defensive performance of all time." In fact there were at least 8 other NFL playoff games where one team didn't punt (Fewest Punts A Single Playoff Game NFL | StatMuse). So this is all your opinion. Ever notice that the main board is not up in arms about last year's playoff loss to the Bills? You're the only one who thinks it's the "worst defensive performance of all time." And we know why you are saying that - you are trying to take a shot at Bill. You won't even mention this opinion on the main board because you're afraid of the other posters lol. He deserves to be criticized for the game, but we've had worse playoff games before, including an embarrassing 17-14 loss in SB 42 (but that was more offense than defense) and the Ravens in 2009.
It was the worst playoff defensive showing of all time and I already said why. Zero doubt about it. Worse than the Ravens game in 09. Worse than SB42 even if that was historic in a different way. Even worse than SB 20. At least in that one we held the Bears to a FG on some of their drives. This was a historic beatdown on the defense. Yes I'll criticize/take a shot at Bill when his coaching and his team's performance deserves it, I'm a Patriots fan so why wouldn't I?

Last edited:
MVP isn't the best QB in football award it's how many MVP votes you get. Brady was the best QB in football last season and still is today.

Yes, but the MVP award almost always goes to the best QB. You can even make an argument that Stafford had a better season than Brady (including playoffs).

Brady's numbers from last year were elite vs the bad teams, but mediocre vs good teams, as I already showed you in my breakdown. Context is key.

It was the worst playoff defensive showing of all time and I already said why. Zero doubt about it. Worse than the Ravens game in 09. Worse than SB42 even if that was historic in a different way. Even worse than SB 20. At least in that one we held the Bears to a FG on some of their drives. This was a historic beatdown on the defense. Yes I'll take a shot at Bill when his coaching and his team's performance deserves it, I'm a Patriots fan so why wouldn't I?

Again, please show me an expert opinion that "It was the worst playoff defensive showing of all time." You're the only one in America who believes that.

More facts about the choker.

^^^^^^^ LMAO

636564613448186567-c04-bell-05.jpg

Bill was certainly more responsible for that loss than Brady, but what killed us that game was our run D sucked without Hightower. Eagles RBs got 164 yards rushing and Clement got 100 yards receiving out of the backfield. Not to mention two touchdowns that should not have counted...

The point is that Brady had the game in the bag with 2 minutes left to go and fumbled. That is not clutch no matter how you slice it. Michael Jordan he is not...

Bill was certainly more responsible for that loss than Brady, but what killed us that game was our run D sucked without Hightower. Eagles RBs got 164 yards rushing and Clement got 100 yards receiving out of the backfield. Not to mention two touchdowns that should not have counted...

The point is that Brady had the game in the bag with 2 minutes left to go and fumbled. That is not clutch no matter how you slice it. Michael Jordan he is not...
I agree about the run defense. Funny what happens when you're in nickel all game and the best tackling corner on the roster is benched for some reason and players like Bademosi and Jordan Richards are asked to step up instead.

"Had the game in the bag" - they were down 5 with 2 minutes left there was no guarantee of anything. The screenshot below is why the play turned out the way it did. When the pass rush has a free lane to the QB bad things usually happen. Yes Brady should have seen White right there near the number but checking down to him was probably near the end of his progressions and I'm not convinced he would have had time to go there anyway... and when a defender is heading right toward you because your guard missed his block badly that's not easy to do. This takes absolutely nothing away from the game Brady had. Any other QB and they get blown right out of the building.
1657198659703.png

Last edited:

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back