PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prediction: Gronk won't get another contract with the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fnordcircle

The poster who James White said inspires him.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
No, I'm not a Gronk hater, I don't even think such a thing exists. But I can't help but to read something into what Belichick said to the sideline reporter person today about the team being 'used to it' if he was specifically talking about Gronk.

I love Gronk, I want him to finish here. I also loved Collins, I'm not ragging on Gronk but I'm beginning to think that Belichick won't want to give him another contract because of how much time Gronk seems to lose to injury issues.

This isn't a hopeful prediction, I just feel like Belichick might be getting tired of Gronk's injury status being an issue almost every year.

no no no no no no no

gronk will finish his career with us. i cant imagine him being traded, just no ****ing way...

Chandler Jones won't either...or Jamie Collins

I think his injury issues has to be factored into his contract offer. He is getting paid for his expected contributing, but it realistically, you can't expect more than 2/3 or 3/4 of a season, it greatly reduces his value. I wouldn't pay top dollar for a player who has now had an extensive history of not being able to stay on the field. Just isn't good value.

I love Gronk and hope they can work something out, but he better be prepared to take less money. It is what it is. You can't expect to get paid like a 16-game starter when you average, what, 9 or 10 games a season? Just isn't right. Maybe they can work out incentives based on games played? That would be 100% fair.

Agree! Gronk is undoubtedly a freak of nature but he's often off the field. As a businessman I call this a poor return on your investment. Since the patriots run their team/organization as a true business this (not signing him) would be a wise decision :(

I agree. I think the team is growing weary of the constant injuries and associated drama that accompanies his injuries....who wouldn't get tired of the incessant team gronkowski input every time he gets hurt

Agree! Gronk is undoubtedly a freak of nature but he's often off the field. As a businessman I call this a poor return on your investment. Since the patriots run their team/organization as a true business this (not signing him) would be a wise decision :(

So his career 68 TDs (Pats all time leader) had been a poor return on investment? His status earned as possibly the greatest TE ever to play the game has been a poor return on investment? Are we watching the same player? Gronk's ROI is off the charts. Probably one of the best in league history.

Agreed!! Apparently his "injury" is not serious and he should be back next week. Saw the guy walk off the field with a normal gait and no help. Meanwhile the QB is hobbling around the field on a bad knee and is reportedly limping off the team bus before the game and in the locker room after. The other TE on the team has had a bad ankle for weeks, reinjured it today and yet guts it out and stays in the game.

My only question for Tinkerbell G is do you really think you deserve top shelf money 'cause you're never seeing it, honey.

Collins isn't a generational player like Gronk. Gronk, in terms of pure ability, is the GOAT TE and very few players come close. Collins is a great LB, but he's not close to those that will go down in history, like Urlacher or Ray Lewis.

Anyone else notice/find it interesting that the sideline broadcaster mentioned that Belichick stated 'we're used to it' in response to her question about Gronk not joining the team back on the field for the 2nd half? Sounded surprisingly candid (and a touch snarky) for a public Belichick quote.

Gronk and Brady are the cornerstones of the offense... I get your post, but it just seems very unlikely to me.

My favorite players are quick as cats. Perhaps I should scout players that are limber as cats. Gronk needs to become more limber. He is a powerful guy but perhaps he needs to modify his workouts and emulate Tom Brady.

Gronk and Brady are the cornerstones of the offense... I get your post, but it just seems very unlikely to me.

There is nobody I'd rather have on the field for the next eight games we play this year, than TB & Gronk. It starts and ends (quite well I say) with two of the greatest to have ever paid their positions. NO doubt TB is the GOAT, now, name a TE you'd rather have then Gronk? I cannot think of a better tight end.....

5. Despite the satisfaction of the win — or how it was accomplished — there will be lingering frustrations. Rob Gronkowski left with what was said to be a back injury, though the genesis of the injury (or reinjury) was tough to detect. Early reports are that it was nothing serious, but any time Gronk is absent it is absolutely serious. The logic of taking two deep shots downfield in the first quarter with a tight end playing his first game after perforating a lung was not especially logical at all. And now the Patriots, approaching the December stretch run, must deal with physical issues with Gronk and Brady. Not ideal.

Chad Finn: 22 thoughts on the Patriots’ win over the Jets - The Boston Globe

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back