PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Prediction: Gronk won't get another contract with the Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labeling Collins as a great player is erroneous.. he is a very good player who can make great plays if he does what he is coached to do..

I am mixed on Gronk, couple of years ago it was his arm.. and one thing we seemed to agree on was he needed to learn how to hit the deck "better".. he has resolved quite a bit of those issues.

IMO sending him on a long sideline pattern was stupid, not once but twice particularly as he was coming off another injury..

Someone will overpay him in 2019 and he will fade into obscurity for some mediocre team..

No one is untouchable around here...the sideline reporter yesterday said something that caught my ear when reporting on Gronk and how BB felt about it...it was something to the effect of them being used to that around here, that=Gronk being hurt. Didn't sound too warm and fuzzy.

I too think Gronk is awesome and the team loves him and he is productive. But keep going down this path and then you have to really think about options....

Agreed!! Apparently his "injury" is not serious and he should be back next week. Saw the guy walk off the field with a normal gait and no help. Meanwhile the QB is hobbling around the field on a bad knee and is reportedly limping off the team bus before the game and in the locker room after. The other TE on the team has had a bad ankle for weeks, reinjured it today and yet guts it out and stays in the game.

My only question for Tinkerbell G is do you really think you deserve top shelf money 'cause you're never seeing it, honey.

Please please please go down and call him that to his face

Have a friend video it. You'll be famous on YouTube, once you can see out of those black eyes again.

He had injury issues in college, I would like to think they drafted him knowing that, and are willing to work with it.
A 2nd Rd pick, yes.

Another 5yr$50m deal? Not so sure

I'm sure they want to keep him but finding that happy medium of guaranteed $ might be an issue

No, I'm not a Gronk hater, I don't even think such a thing exists. But I can't help but to read something into what Belichick said to the sideline reporter person today about the team being 'used to it' if he was specifically talking about Gronk.

I love Gronk, I want him to finish here. I also loved Collins, I'm not ragging on Gronk but I'm beginning to think that Belichick won't want to give him another contract because of how much time Gronk seems to lose to injury issues.

This isn't a hopeful prediction, I just feel like Belichick might be getting tired of Gronk's injury status being an issue almost every year.
You know when a fan base is spoiled when we start conjuring up imaginary scenarios to worry about

Let just enjoy what we have, no?

IDK. It would be so hard to let him go. When he's on, let's face it, he's magical. I also don't get the deep throw to him that likely he got injured on. Brady was most accurate on short throws yesterday. Why go deep, and why to Gronk? We have Hogan and Mitchell now, who can get open deep. Curious tactics my dear Josh!

Please please please go down and call him that to his face
Yup he'd Gronk his face so badly, RhudePatriot would look like the Felger he is...

If the question is might his injuries affect a willingness to re-work his deal to a higher figure based on current standards, then I would expect his injury history might factor into that decision. I believe he is due $9 million in 2019, so a new deal is a way off.

The major issue in college was a back issue. He had some 2013 surgery that may or may not be related. The rest of the issues are not the typically recurring type, so I am always a little more concerned when his back is mentioned. Those type of problems can limit performance and end careers, but I would not be writing him off in terms of staying ith the Pats. 12 good games from him are better than 16 with virtually anyone else if he needs a few games off every season.

I've been a Pats fan for over 40 years and the main purpose for me is enjoyment and always hoping to win the game. Losing Gronk would crush me just because I enjoy him so much. Unfortunately though I loved Chandler Jones and Jamie too though. But what do I know. I just want to enjoy it. Back when I was a kid the players were Patriots for life unless traded. Your team really was your team, for a long time, just with the addition of new draft pics every year. My opinion: Gronk is too good to get too mad about the injuries, but they are fustrating. When he is healthy, they are favorites for the Super Bowl each year. When he is hurt we still are up there but need alot of things, like HFA, etc.

Hold on there fella (or lady)
The fanboys here at PatsFans.com have been pounding the table telling the less informed that Gronk's contract will be renegotiated this year because:

1) Gronk is underpaid relative to the TE market
2) NE has a surplus of cap space
3) BB will break tradition and renegotiate the contract of a premium yet perpetually injured player

Therefore....despite knee, back, and arm issues that remove Gronk from many contests, BB will offer more guaranteed money to secure Gronk beyond the THREE additional years Gronk is already locked in.
In other words, BB will defy his formidable track record and back up the truck to the trainers room where Gronk is likely located.
Have we not learned anything on how BB operates?

yup......

and Brady is old
and BB has done nothing without Brady

FOTM working overtime

Isn't it possible that Belichick was simply commenting on the fact that "they're used to it" in terms of dealing with injuries? ...

This was my interpretation at the time, and still is. It was about having to make adjustments because players get injured in games. I can't imagine BB saying something like that about a specific player, to the press. That's just not how he does things.

With the Additions of Bennett and Hogan the emergence of Malcom Mitchell a healthy Dion Lewis our Offense is not dependent on Gronk. Are they Elite with Gronk? yes a notch below without yes that said I feel confident with this current group even If Gronk misses extended time.

Sure wish the Patriots had held on to TE AJ Derby I could think of quite a few deadwood's on the current roster I would have parted ways with instead of him. We gave Denver a good young player for absolutely nothing of all the Teams. At a position we have a known injury prone player...bravo BB.:rolleyes:

I think Bill is always looking for another Bavaro. But people forget that Bavaro took an absolute beating. He was tough but tough guys don't last. What we love about Gronk is what will limit Gronk. Normal hits and tackles are not enough for him so you got to hit him with everything. This is a big boy league and he is taking some massive hits.

If the cost is right, they will keep him. If it is not, they won't.

So, a guy who is so unstoppable that defenses pound on him with multiple defenders while the refs let them has "injury issues?"

Are you trying to tell me he is made of bones and organs and ligaments?

I'm not currently concerned if Gronk will be here in 2019.

That's a long way off in football roster analysis.

We have no idea if Gronk is still playing come 2019. With the beating he's taken and the money he's saved, can see him walking away from the game young.

This is the first year that his injuries haven't concerned me. Maybe it's just Bennett's presence?

You people are all crazy. You don't deserve to watch a once in a lifetime player, because you don't appreciate him.

Let Gronk go, and you'll have some dumpy TE who either can't catch, or can't block, or is soft [Remember #1's for Dan Graham and Ben Watson] or just jags.

Every one else will get double coverage a lot, because we have a health turd who makes 5 yd catches and falls down.

Jim Brown only played 9 years because the punishment was too much, though he led the league. Maybe you would cut him for a healthy Marion Butts, I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back