PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the Score CONTEST, Super Bowl ATL vs NE

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've all seen this script before, Historic offense drags a crap defense kicking and screaming thru the playoffs. They run into a good defense for the first time that doesn't allow free releases and punches them in the mouth. The crap defense does enough "we held them under 30" while allowing long drives and giving up a ton of yards that people blame the loss on the offense.

I expect the patriots to pound the ball with Blount a lot and hold the ball for 35+ minutes and never putting their defense in a bad position. The falcons are going to have to consistently go 70, 80, 90 yards for a score so while I think their stats are going to be pretty Ryan throws over 350 yards Julio gets 150 etc they won't put a ton of points on the board. A drop will end a drive, a crucial tackle in the open field on 3rd and 5 ends another, that sort of thing.

Pats 27
Falcons 20

37 patriots
22 Falcons

pats 34

falcons 13

Pats 37 Falcons 27

Patriots stats/info

Key offensive info

Brady - 330 yards 3 TDs 0 Ints 25/35 - SB MVP
Edelman - 110 yards 10 catches 1 TD
White - 70 yards 6 catches (feels like a White game to me.. short speedy guys breaking tackles)
Blount - 105 yards 20 rushes 1 TD
Bennett - 1 TD
Mitchell - 1 TD
Hogan and Lewis will not be key factors in this game IMO but will make some plays.
Cannon only 1 pressure allowed.

The Patriots run with Blount as he is the better option but put the game in Brady's hands. He wins with short passes and his WRs breaking tackles after the catch on occasion. Not many big plays. Also the Pats play a clean game with no turnovers as they know without turnovers on offense they are very likely to win cause if their D is not put in a bad spot they can slow them down enough and they don't feel a need to take risk vs this kind of D where they can get a lot of short safe passes and runs generally. Brady continues his dominance in Domes.

Key defensive info

Harmon 1 int
Flowers 1 strip sack
Branch will be put over the RG and dominate
Ryan with help on Julio Jones keeps him from breaking a big one

Overall: 10 drives 4 TDs 3 FGs 3 punts.

Falcons stats/info

Key offensive info

Ryan 3 TDs 1 Int 305 yards 25/40
Jones 11 catches 120 yards 1 TD
Coleman/Freeman 9 catches 70 yards 1 TD
Coleman/Freeman 25 rushes 90 yards
Sanu/Gabriel kept mostly ineffective.

The big Pats DTs and front 6/7 mostly shut down the run game keeping it largely ineffective which is key. It puts Atlanta in more 3rd downs than they are use to. Also they effectively take away the big play for the most part and surrender the underneath. The Pats game plan is the usual. Make the other team drive the field and convert multiple 3rd downs to score. They rarely blitz and Flowers put against the RG on some 3rd downs has success and gets a strip sack. Branch dominates the matchup on run downs and everyone stays in their gap. The DEs bump the RBs on their route. Though they do catch some balls the Pats need to give it up to a degree as long as no long catches are made. Atlanta can't help themselves and take a few inadvisable shots down field which stall downs. Some do work out and they get a few 20 or so yard gains but too often it is incomplete to Sanu/Gabriel down the field. One of which Harmon picks off. Though Ryan has a good stat line he actually plays worse than it says.

Key defensive info

Beasley held to only 2 pressures (gets 1 on the inside)
The DTs for the Falcons don't get the pass rush they are hoping for.
After those 2 things the back 7 is unable to do much to stop the Pats O as they just don't have the DB talent to fall back on like the Pats do.

Overall: 10 drives 3 TDs 2 FGs 2 turnovers 3 punts.

Last edited:
Reactions: sb1
Patriots 31
Falcons 21

SB LI Winners - 31

A T L - 23

41-24, Pats win. Close-game-history-be-damned.

In 2014, after the KC game, I predicted the Pats would struggle and said Cincinnati would beat the Pats 48-0. The Pats of course won and after that game, I predicted every subsequent Pats game as a Pats loss, 48-0. We know how 2014 went.

Before the Pittsburgh AFCGC, I thought the Pats offense would struggle without Gronk and I thought they would fall short, something like 21-16. Of course they won.

I am not superstitious but I see a trend and thus, will predict a Pats loss, 48-0. I hope my prediction accuracy continues!

Pats 21
Falcons 20
Nail biter. All the offensive chatter goes by the wayside as the number one scoring defense puts up all the points for the Pats, as it should.

Last edited:
NE 27
ATL 17

40 - 24 Patriots. Both teams have a strong offense. On the defense side, however, the Patriots are almost in a different league than the Falcons. Unless the Falcons are able to figure out the Patriots defense, this Belichick-Brady Super Bowl will see the Pats winning and by a greater margin than in any of their previous Super Bowls.

Through skill and determination, Brady is going to prove just how much he can deflate Goodell's ego. Prove me right, Patriots!

Last edited:
Patriots 45
Atlanta 17

Sorry Patsfanin Philly. I didn't try to copy you. I had predicted this score before doing the squares at work and was hoping to land those numbers (NE 5 / Atl 7).
You must think Gostkowski will miss an XP :)

NE 38-27

Pats 35
ATL 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick