PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predict the Score CONTEST, Super Bowl ATL vs NE

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamo

praedica numerum!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Post your predictions here for the SUPER BOWL, Atlanta Falcons vs New England Patriots.

This contest is open to everyone, it's both a weekly and a season-long contest. Stakes are bragging rights.

Each week I will tabulate and post the scores for the previous week's contest, as well as the cumulative season standings for those who have played every week. As a one-time allowance for computer problems, forgetfulness, or whatever, one week can be missed and will be assigned that week's average score.

Scoring:
Your score is the COMBINED deviation of your predicted score for the Pats and opponents REGARDLESS OF DIRECTION. For example, if you predict Patriots 35 Falcons 27 your score is how many points off of 35 the Pats are (over or under does not matter) PLUS how many points off of 27 the Falcons are (over or under again does not matter). Game winner does not matter. Lowest score wins.

You may change your prediction at any time before kickoff. Predictions made in other threads don't count unless they were clearly meant for this contest. Don't depend on "if this then this score, if that then this other score". Please keep this thread to predictions only, no back-and-forth discussion of the game. A short comment about your pick is OK.

Good luck!

This Season's Weekly winners: (click week to see full results)
AFCCG PIT: TB12GoPats
DIV HOU: deroc5050 and PatriotPat (perfect!)
Week 17 @MIA: mosslost
Week 16 NYJ: ArchAngel007 , Double TE and Robdude
Week 15 @DEN: borg
Week 14 BAL: Clonamery, derF and Raedwulf
Week 13 LA: doesntmatter1
Week 12 @NYJ: celticboy04 and PatsFan92
Week 11 @SF: 1960Pats, Brady_to_Moss, goheels22002, MrTibbs, pats4life12 and Sicilian
Week 10 SEA: captain stone and MrTibbs
Week 8 @BUF: celticboy04
Week 7 @PIT: betterthanthealternative and fumbrunner
Week 6 CIN: pctronics0072 (perfect!)
Week 5 @CLE: dinustef, Sicilian and Wordsmyth
Week 4 BUF: borg
Week 3 HOU: Robdude
Week 2 MIA: BlueThunder (perfect!)
Week 1 @ARI: Crononaut, italian pat patriot, luvbrain, Nikolai and Patsfanin Philly

New England Patriots 37

Flash in the pan Falcons 24

Patriots 38 Falcons 31

The Pats and heart stopping Super Bowls... that's just how they roll. I'd love to see a convincing win for the Pats but the Falcons are a very worthy opponent and I actually think they bring their A game on defense. They'll make it tough for the Pats offense.

In the end I think the slightly better team takes it. I think ATL beats a lot of Pats teams in recent years but I think this team is tough enough and has gelled enough for one more. In fact I predict Brady does something he hasn't done yet... a Super Bowl winning TD drive in the final 2 minutes. That will be another notch for the legacy of the greatest.

27-24 Pats.

Patriots 27

Falcons 31

Last second TD for the Falcons, similar to the giants losses.

Last edited:
Pats 34
Falcons 22

NE 41
Atlanta 24

30-24, Patriots.

Patriots 34

Falcons 25

Pats 30
Dirty Birds 23

47-17 PATS!

we are all patriots!