Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Just for fun, make a prediction on what Hightower will end up signing for, whether here or elsewhere.
Exact terms, years, total, guaranteed.

I will say
5 year
76 mill
35 mill guaranteed

5 years
85 mill
40 mill guaranteed

People will not go too too crazy I think due to his injry history and the fact he is an inside and not outside guy but he sets the ILB market for years to come.

5 years 72M 40 guaranteed

85? No way.

Something around 5 years, 65 mill, 30 guaranteed or 4 years 52 mill, 25 guaranteed.

Just for fun, make a prediction on what Hightower will end up signing for, whether here or elsewhere.
Exact terms, years, total, guaranteed.

I will say
5 year
76 mill
35 mill guaranteed

I guess you think he will go elsewhere. I doubt he get's that here.

Gawd these numbers are scary.

Personally, I believe he's gone.

Some wack-job team will loose its faculties and go nuts.

6 years...Purpose of cap hit distribution

$84m..$14m AAV

$46m guaranteed

People will not go too too crazy I think due to his injry history and the fact he is an inside and not outside guy but he sets the ILB market for years to come.

Why do people keep saying he is an ILB?
First of all we don't actually have ILBs in this defense. We play a 4-2-5 nickel base.
Second when we have a front 7 its 4-3 and HT almost never is lined up at MLB.
And 3rd he spends a TON of time lined up on the edge.

Personally, I think if he leaves (and I still think he is that special guy who wants to stay and we will pay through the nose) I think he will end up on a 3-4 team as an OLB and spend a lot of time rushing the passer.
Put him in Pitt and he would be the best OLB they have had in many, many years. Put him in GB and he be better than Clay Matthews.
Keep him in NE and he will continue to do everything any LB does.

4 yrs/52 million
13m AAV

5 years
85 mill
40 mill guaranteed
That's 17m dollars a year.

Pats last offer, according to Reiss, was 10m a year. He believes they're comfortable looking at a couple million a year more now.

1. Its true its the most money in FA history by far for a weak FA class . but . its also true this is the beginning of new spending period 2017-2020 so despite the frenzy many teams might remain sober eyeing bigger fish in next years:

2. Since I only care if High signs for Pats here is Miguel's latest proposal that I consider a ceiling BB would actually sign. Its an overpayment all things considering and a risk - but like Lombardi says - you have to overpay someone but the Q is how much and what that does to your locker room..

1. Its true its the most money in FA history by far for a weak FA class . but . its also true this is the beginning of new spending period 2017-2020 so despite the frenzy many teams might remain sober eyeing bigger fish in next years:

2. Since I only care if High signs for Pats here is Miguel's latest proposal that I consider a ceiling BB would actually sign. Its an overpayment all things considering and a risk - but like Lombardi says - you have to overpay someone but the Q is how much and what that does to your locker room..

Any idea how we lost about 3m since yesterday or the day before? Miguel had it over 61m. Just curious, that's all.

High will get 12 or more per year.

That's 17m dollars a year.

Pats last offer, according to Reiss, was 10m a year. He believes they're comfortable looking at a couple million a year more now.

I don't think the pats go above 12-13m a year. But I feel someone will outbid us.

I think he'll get around this amount from some team craving the Patriots' Secret elixir. Maybe even 74-75M...

4 yrs, 58 M, 28 guaranteed

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft