PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Super Bowl Thread- On to the Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized that outside of Donald the Rams D-line is overrated in terms of putting pressure on the QB. While I realize that sacks aren’t everything, the Rams had only 41 sacks during the regular season (Donald accounting for nearly half of them). In the playoffs they’ve gotten only 3 sacks through 2 games.

Donald is just unbelievable, going to assume Andrews will help with the double team on him. Dante Fowler is a guy that we will have to keep an eye on as well...he had that big play against Brees in the championship game.

Donald is just unbelievable, going to assume Andrews will help with the double team on him. Dante Fowler is a guy that we will have to keep an eye on as well...he had that big play against Brees in the championship game.
Agree. 99 scares the hell out of me. He is just a game wrecker.

Agree. 99 scares the hell out of me. He is just a game wrecker.

Worst comes to worst we can have Gronk or Allen as an extra blocker. If the Saints can limit him, Bill should be able to come up with something.

I think our OL is better than their DL.
Donald is the best in the league, but he's still only one guy.
Shaq Mason is one of the very best guards in the league, thats not just great runblocking but he's also become a very good passblocker. Allpro level.
Brown's recent play also allpro level.
Thuney is very good. Probowl level. People that don't know that have not been paying attention.
Cannon is healthy and playing probowl level. Andrews is very solid.
That's 5 above average ol, but most importantly, they're greater than the sum of their parts.
I think it's the Rams dl that needs to be worried, not the Patriots. Not to mention Gronk,Edelman,white,Dorsett and Michel who are all good- great blockers.
Did I mention James Develin? Nuff said.

Last edited:
2ryf0b.jpg

I think our OL is better than their DL.
Donald is the best in the league, but he's still only one guy.
Shaq Mason is one of the very best guards in the league, thats not just great runblocking but he's also become a very good passblocker. Allpro level.
Brown's recent play also allpro level.
Thuney is very good. Probowl level. People that don't know that have not been paying attention.
Cannon is healthy and playing probowl level. Andrews is very solid.
That's 5 above average ol, but most importantly, they're greater than the sum of their parts.
I think it's the Rams dl that needs to be worried, not the Patriots. Not to mention Gronk,Edelman,white,Dorsett and Michel who are all good- great blockers.
Did I mention James Develin? Nuff said.
Put brown on Donald. He’s the heaviest man in the nfl at 380 lbs.

NE has averaged 183.8 rushing ypg over the last 4 games & 165.5 ypg in January. Develin is SO underrated.

Can we say DOMINANT?? :eek:

Even more impressive is the fact that opposing defenses know that we are running when Develin is on the field, yet they cannot stop it.

Since the seeding system was implemented for the 1975 season, both #2 seeds have never made the Super Bowl in the same season until 2018.

Source: Scrolling thru wikipedia pages.
1975–76 NFL playoffs - Wikipedia

Patriots super bowl jerseys...pretty much the same as last year

I think he means the logos suck since they switched to this standardized format back in 2010.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too. They did that just to save money. Such is the greed of the corrupt 32.

Patriots could use a blowout to add to their legacy of last minute SB wins. Would be nice..:rolleyes:

I'm thinking big while enjoying the nice views on Palawan island. Did wild ATV riding, swim river and ocean same day.:cool:View attachment 22345
Where the hell is that?

How do you all feel about this matchup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes