PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cross-posting this from the Jets Suck thread:

The Jete must prove they aren't paper tigers with four of their five wins coming against the opponent's reserve QB.
Nice self promo, traffic must be slow.

So now it'll be 5th reserve QB they play.

Nice self promo, traffic must be slow.

So now it'll be 5th reserve QB they play.

You, li'l fella, are a douche. Literally. That's a lot to live down.

s-l1600.jpg

BB answering the qb question like only he can, leaving the reporter who asked the original question dazed and confused, wondering why I even asked it:

The players seem to be dazed and confused at times too. That shouldn't be an issue at this stage of the season, even with a QB injury.

And you see how he's doing in Tampa this year with no help. Let's not go there. It's a team effort, nobody can do it on their own.
I agree totally and the same goes for coaches. As great as Bill is he still needs top players to win. Every coach does, and even then there's no guarantees. They'd have to play well also.

As for the QB "controversy" that seems to be brewing in this thread, if Jones is healthy then I want him in there. But if Bill decides that he'd rather have Zappe play then he probably has a good reason. Unfortunately, with the injuries I'm seeing, we may be in for a long season no matter who plays QB.

If you have watched the Jets during the winning streak, they have been winning despite Zach Wilson who has two TDs in four games (one passing, one rushing) and now they lost their biggest offensive weapon in Breece Hall and arguably their best o-lineman. Now they are likely going to have to rely on Wilson to win games and probably this one. The Pats still have a great pass defense and Wilson has been easily rattled. And terms of the Patriots offense, they still have Harris and Stevenson to run the ball. I am guessing that is why they are favored.
At least they are winning. Mac also has 2 TDs in 4 games but he has 6 INTs to Wilson's 2. Wilson has a better rating. In fact, Mac is only ahead of Pickett, McSorley (???) & Lance at #34 out of 38 QBs.

Jets have the #10 D in points & #11 in rushing yds allowed (Pats are #14 & #25 respectively). Jets are #3 in QB hits so expect Mac to get a lot of pressure. These two teams are more similar than you think. Poor QB, decent D.

Screenshot_20221026-223546.jpg
Screenshot_20221026-223632.jpg
Screenshot_20221026-223655.jpg
Screenshot_20221026-223716.jpg
Screenshot_20221026-223732.jpg
Screenshot_20221026-223802.jpg

We're almost in November. Is preseason over yet?

To me, the key is that 3 series, especially when they include 3 and outs, isn’t enough to evaluate him.
There’s a very real chance Mac just isn’t the guy. It’s quite possible. But given what he’s shown us last year (and making positive plays in the ravens game, albeit accompanied by costly turnovers) and what we’ve invested in him, I think we absolutely have to start him this year. If after the rest of the year he isn’t improved and seems to be who he is, you can choose to move on. But I think you have to give him a chance to develop. Giving up because he had a bad last few games as a rookie and a bad first 3.1 games as a sophomore is not a smart decision.
I generally agree with your post. We need to qualify what he's shown us last year. He went on a string of wins against mainly poor teams or ones with injuries/covid to their talented players. Word is Bill took over the D during that stretch and they were rocking. These are the same excuses being used against Zappe, who is also a rookie like Mac was, so there's that. Mac was also heavily managed by McD. After teams had some film on him and he faced tougher competition, he cratered.

Now we all expect this big sophomore jump with all the offseason workouts, diets, and spent all summer with Tom House hoopla. He comes in and still looks like crap. Granted there's the whole OC thing but the excuses on the play calls? Come on, he's no longer a rookie. He came in ripped, he's expected to perform once the reigns are loosened. Or what, does he need to be heavily managed again?

I agree it's too soon to give up on him. I agree he deserves a chance, but I have my doubts. Dude just doesn't look right. Honestly, he looks scared out there and his demeanour and actions are so un-Patriot like.

The time to evaluate the quarterback, and everyone else, is during the bye week.

The time to evaluate the quarterback, and everyone else, is during the bye week.
Where's that OL vet you were so sure Bill was bringing in as late as TC? Wish he would've listened to you.

At least they are winning. Mac also has 2 TDs in 4 games but he has 6 INTs to Wilson's 2. Wilson has a better rating. In fact, Mac is only ahead of Pickett, McSorley (???) & Lance at #34 out of 38 QBs.

Jets have the #10 D in points & #11 in rushing yds allowed (Pats are #14 & #25 respectively). Jets are #3 in QB hits so expect Mac to get a lot of pressure. These two teams are more similar than you think. Poor QB, decent D.

View attachment 46646
View attachment 46647
View attachment 46648
View attachment 46649
View attachment 46650
View attachment 46651
This Will Be the Most interessant matchup and Decide about the Game imo, pur o line against their front and mac handling the Pressure. I would guess the jets Play aggressive on defense

Getting everyone ready for a Thursday and as you probably already know, the 12:00pm BB presser must see tv:

Yes, we are talking about Monday night, it’s pivotal to this conversation.

You said Jones is BB’s guy, so I asked how that squares with what happened on MNF, and you explained that must’ve been coming from others internally and BB now put his foot down … as if he wasn’t accountable for what happened on MNF?

It’s not ancient history - it’s absolutely relevant to this discussion.

Jones will have a game or two to respond. We’ll see how it goes.
I didn’t say Bill wasn’t accountable. The buck stops with him.

I noticed that you didn’t answer my question. If the offense is being tailored for Mac, why isn’t he succeeding in it?

Pretty telling that Mac is starting Sunday in a must win game. I‘m not in the building but I suspect that Bill will be more heavily involved on both sides of the ball. We’ll see if that produces results or not.

I suspect that Bill will be more heavily involved on both sides of the ball.
Bill doing his best impression of Hans Brinker, trying to plug the many leaks his Friends & Family coaching staff are incapable of dealing with.
1666871894490.png

Last edited:
Getting everyone ready for a Thursday and as you probably already know, the 12:00pm BB presser must see tv:

Would like to hear what one of the best DLineman in the game have to say. Maybe he'll speak In-depth about his disappearing act on Monday night. BB brought some very questionable groceries in FA 2021. :rolleyes:

Would like to hear what one of the best DLineman in the game have to say. Maybe he'll speak In-depth about his disappearing act on Monday night. BB brought some very questionable groceries in FA 2021. :rolleyes:
Missed Barmore and Dugger. Against mobile qb's we have struggled in the past and continue to struggle. Doesn't bode well facing Allen.

BB once again leaving reporters speechless as only he can do:

We are balls deep in these guys' heads. The space inside of their heads is now our permanent residence. We could literally do whatever we want in there. Make a sandwich, take a piss, make love to our wife our mistress, play catch with our son, and so on and so forth.

We're going to blow these guys out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes