PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread- Pats @ Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MJ hating virgins right now:

tu4oW79.png

The leak to Jacobi wasn't a bad throw, it was miscommunication. If JM had kept going the same direction on his route, then it would have been an easy pitch and catch. But he changed direction at the very end, then adjusted to the ball. Maybe it was a bad throw, or maybe a route miscommunication. All you see is the end result, which you can't really judge.

Again, it was the 4th quarter, by the way they were playing, they weren't trying to win the game. Hudling up, taking a bunch of time for each play. BB had already conceded the game. He was just trying to get out of there with minimal people getting hurt. Dude was just trying to make a play to run out the clock. When the game was still in hand, he was playing awesome. But again, it was probably too much to ask a rookie to put the game on his shoulders like that.

Mac is not a rookie, and he has not played well for about 9 games now, the last 5 games of last year and pretty much every game this year, except their one win where he was ok. Mac and Zappe have played the same amount of games and Mac has double the interceptions and less than half the number of TD's. Where they've had about the same amount of game time. Zappe has been by far the superior QB. I'm willing to be BB is seeing it in practice too. All I'm saying is they better start Zappe against the Jet's.
On the leak, whenever I ran that route, it was pre-established which shoulder you’d look over. Unless jakobi just forgot and was way off his landmark, I think it was poor ball placement. And I think that’s more likely than Jakobi having made that mistake.

Right, I discount zappe’s last pick given the situation. Same way I do Mac’s on the play he got hurt on. But I’ll say that zappe’s was just an inaccurate throw on a shallow drag. Not like he was trying to push the ball down the field and make a play and the aggressiveness caused the pick. That seems more an issue of a bad throw than a decision caused by circumstance.

Mac isn’t a rookie, but he’s played one rookie season and like 3.25 games. It’s not nearly enough to close the book on him, especially given that he’s shown some stuff. You NEED to give him more of a chance to develop and grow. If after 2-3 years he’s not a good quarterback, I’ll entertain moving on. If you bench him, you’re essentially giving up on that. Now is his time. Zappe has shown some stuff too, and if Mac doesn’t pan out then I’m open to him getting a real chance, too. You can’t read too much into their relative performance as of now. It’s quite well documented that the play calling and circumstances have been entirely different for the two. Including zappe facing weaker defenses and several busted coverages.

Mac will rightfully start this week. It would be silly from a long term perspective to not do that. Down the road, zappe may get his chances as well.

With Zappe who gives us the Best chance to win. Let's get that clear Ash. A moral victory against the Jets won't cut it for a last place Team.
I think it’s also important to keep in mind what gives the organization the best chance to win tough games in the long run vs what gives us the best chance to win Sunday. A franchise-altering decision should be made taking the long term outlook into account. See my previous post just now for my thoughts on that.

Field Yates says that Mac Jones took 90% of the snaps today and will start on Sunday. Field Yates is a good friend of Steve Belichick.

No shocker here. Hoping he plays really well and the line gives him protection.

Jets fans are the worst. They think they're going to blow the pats out after losing breece hall with a QB who is on pace to score 4 TDs for the entire season and throws for ~100 yards a game.

Patriots up to -2.5 from -1.5 instantly upon this news. Time to hammer both the spread and Pats ML. Mac Jones owns the Jets.

It'll be great to finally have a full grown adult as a full-time starter at QB again.

7342de8773ddaceaf4de4d2b7f86cd85.gif

Patriots up to -2.5 from -1.5 instantly upon this news. Time to hammer both the spread and Pats ML. Mac Jones owns the Jets.

It'll be great to finally have a full grown adult as a full-time starter at QB again.

He's played two...count 'em TWO games against them. That's mot "owning" them.

Healthy MJ about to go off on everybody, including those incels at Gillette who booed him.

Calmer than you are.
I can't tell what you are more mad at. That MJ is returning as the full-time starter, or that you are a 60 year old virgin.

Not that it matters. I'm going to enjoy those tasty tears either way.

chug-beer-mug.gif

Buffalo was the much better team with the best qb in the league at home, we were playing with no names on defense and Myles Bryant getting beat like a red headed stepchild all day.
Unfortunately Buffalo is a better team than they were last year. And they're going to wrap up the division before we even play them once.

I could give you multiple examples of when nobody thought we would win or compete, and we surprised everyone!!! I know you probably don't want to hear that, but it's true!!
All of the examples are from the Brady & Belichick era. And once the team got rolling - around 2003 - they weren't underdogs very often through the end of the 2019 season. They were getting buried after the loss to Kansas City in 2014 but that didn't last long as they only lost one real game the rest of the season (they punted week 17 vs Buffalo). I'm pretty sure the Patriots were favored in every Super Bowl appearance after 2001.

Maybe we do lose, but I wouldn't count us out quite yet!!!
If you're talking about this weekend, I'm a nonbeliever in the Jets, and that was before they lost their best player on offense. I don't see the Patriots losing to two bad quarterbacks in a row.

How come only one mod and one poster have caught onto @BB8XSBW style of posts?

The signature insults of that poster are pretty funny though.

From Patriots.com:

Game Preview: Patriots at Jets

2021 REGULAR SEASONNEW ENGLANDN.Y. JETS
Record3-45-2
Divisional Standings4th2nd
Total Yards Gained2,3882,318
Total Offense (Rank)341.1 (17)331.1 (21)
Rush Offense122.6 (12)117.0 (17)
Pass Offense218.6 (21)214.1 (23)
Points Per Game22.1 (16T)22.7 (14)
Total Yards Allowed2,4172,203
Total Defense (Rank)345.3 (15)314.7 (10)
Rush Defense136.7 (15)105.3 (11)
Pass Defense208.6 (12)209.4 (13)
Points Allowed/Game20.8 (14T)19.6 (10T)
Possession Avg.29:4329:19
Sacks Allowed/Yards Lost12/8717/114
Sacks Made/Yards21/12115/100
Total Touchdowns Scored1817
Penalties Against/Yards42/32948/526
Punts/Avg.26/43.336/43.4
Turnover Differential-2 (21T)+2 (10t)

Status
Not open for further replies.