PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread - Pats @ Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to think Brady would be legitimately annoyed with hearing about Taylor and Johnny Foxboro all the time. And it continues, lol. Taylor didn't win him 6 Superbowls.
Hopefully Brady has moved past the pettiness surrounding his departure, BB has mentioned him in previous superlatives. In this case LB is a better comp than QB because the opposition always game plans for that position regardless of the talent of the player. Mentioning TB12 in this case would also start a lot of crap with everyone concluding that BB was calling out Mac.

Hopefully Brady has moved past the pettiness surrounding his departure, BB has mentioned him in previous superlatives. In this case LB is a better comp than QB because the opposition always game plans for that position regardless of the talent of the player. Mentioning TB12 in this case would also start a lot of crap with everyone concluding that BB was calling out Mac.
If Brady goes to the Dolphins then the feud is still on.

The door is open for Brady IMO. I cant see Miami sticking with Tua. He has been hurt 3 years in succession.

The door is open for Brady IMO. I cant see Miami sticking with Tua. He has been hurt 3 years in succession.
I agree that the feud itself is not dead. It seems as if some of the he said/she said pettiness has resolved itself with both participants saying nice things about the other. TB12 to the Dolphins would be crazy, for his sake Tua should retire.

That's the problem with the forum as it currently exists. I expect the changes @Ian has planned will help. Too many internet trolls here who aren't fans of the Patriots, they are fans of winning. Some are just here to be pricks. I hope we get back to some constructive discussions.
IMHO the problem with this forum is the team. Their sloppy play is what's bringing out the negativity. Last year the Pats looked like they were heading in the right direction and this year they look lost. They gave away multiple games this year and if they won only one of those they'd be looking at resting players for the playoffs. That's frustrating and it's difficult to put a positive spin on that.

I thought this was the pre game thread. My mistake. Anyway, I anticipate the Bills will blow our doors off. Anything less I will consider a positive.

Smith will be out if he wasn't cleared.
He's listed as "questionable," suggesting that all he needs is the final evaluation by the docs. If he passes that (presumably today) he's good to go.

His blocking has been missed - Henry has struggled with blocking.

FALSE

Pointing out what is blatantly wrong with this Pats team is not running it down. The facts are that more people are coming around and becoming hip to who the problems are with this team. Some believe its Patricia, some say Jones, some say the WRs, some point the finger at the OL.

EVERYONE here wants the Pats to be successful and to win. That's why we come here win or lose every day for the last 20+ years.

FICTION

Credit is freely given where credit is due. Everyone here is effusive with praise for the 2022 NE defense. Its special with a bunch of guys that play their guts out every damn week. They are not the problem and they are what has kept the Pats in these games all season. 7 defensive TDs tied for a franchise record. The blockbuster 2022 draft is nothing but praise. Stevenson and Marcus Jones get nothing but respect.

How did Parcells slow Jim Kelly and the K Gun offense down to win a Super Bowl?

Not by passing.

DISHONESTY

This place would be in a state of shock. I will not mind beating the Bills legitimately to earn a playoff spot. I will mind backing into the payoffs with Titans, Steelers and Dolphins losses.

A LOSS would bring out more truth which some people like to call negativity because it exposes them as being wrong. Bagdad Bob was a real fan and look where it got him.

What an embarrassing load of utter crap from the doorknob who proclaims "Mac Jones is not my quarterback!" Exhibit A of the football Dunning-Kruger effect disparages someone who actually played the game at a high level. Please take yourself out of your own dull misery, clodhopper, and allow the collective IQ of this forum some relief.

Last edited:
Pats need long drives and keep allen on the sideline!
I agree, but I hope they call plays with a bit of desperation as to not be too predictable. I feel like if they can get through the first wave of emotion and be even or not be too far behind, they will have a chance to win this game. Buffalo is a bit short-handed in the secondary, including Poyer who hasn't played a full game in a while.

Brady is coming back to the Pats next year. I can't wait to see all the old gang back loving the team again, it will be like 2018 all over again!

I agree, but I hope they call plays with a bit of desperation as to not be too predictable. I feel like if they can get through the first wave of emotion and be even or not be too far behind, they will have a chance to win this game. Buffalo is a bit short-handed in the secondary, including Poyer who hasn't played a full game in a while.
They need to shorten the game; if its 3rd and short just get the first down and not try to get cute or try to “trick” them

I’m not expecting it to come out tomorrow, but I’ve been frustrating with the lack of trick plays this year. The yards per attempt on flea flickers and double passes tend to be so high. We used to use them every year with josh. We did it last year even. Now, when our offense needs it most, we’d rather stay predictable instead. How many games are we in where we could use a jolt from a big play on a flea flicker?

Bills are going to be so pumped for this game and to continue the revenge tour after all those years of being humiliated by the Patriots.
They just came through a huge team trauma together and united and seeing how much their coach cares for them.
Pats on other hand are dealing with suspended players and a chronically dysfunctional offense and coaching staff (and 2 coaches with one foot out the door).
The cards are in place for a whooping.

But do not despair, a whooping will facilitate and speed up necessary organizational changes and improve draft position a bit.
Hopefully, it will convince BB to bring in some real OL's and competition at QB.

I’m not expecting it to come out tomorrow, but I’ve been frustrating with the lack of trick plays this year. The yards per attempt on flea flickers and double passes tend to be so high. We used to use them every year with josh. We did it last year even. Now, when our offense needs it most, we’d rather stay predictable instead. How many games are we in where we could use a jolt from a big play on a flea flicker?
Ah yes, brings back fond memories of the last seconds tie breaking trick double lateral play this year. NOT!!!
In this overmatched instance i'm open to anything EXCEPT the long bomb to a wide open Slater where he.... You know the rest.

Mills has been better than I thought he would be when healthy, it’s just disappointing he hasn’t been able to finish a season healthy.

Jonnu has just been a disappointment.

Wow, we need Mills out there.

Unreal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing