PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread Bengals @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
"we're on to cincinatti" worked out ok last time. As did the miami miracle season. Playoffs just start a little earlier this year!

“All right, they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time.” - Chesty Puller​

I wish I could share your optimism, but any fan who breaks out a Chesty Puller quote deserves a bump.

Terez Hall is a fine guy to have on the practice squad, he’s been elevated before and not looked totally lost. Made a couple plays.

But we already know he's not NFL-good enough, so why bother?

More laziness from the F & F country club.

Would someone ask Bill: “At the season’s end, do you foresee a conflict arising out of Jerod Mayo’s request to be the DC?”

After he gives his hogwash answer, follow up by asking: “Do you think not having a OC or a sole DC who represents the majority of the players is a shortcoming in the league’s desire for greater diversity among the coaching staff?”

That’ll make him uncomfortable.

In fact, now that I think about it, what a bad look it is for this game to feature all-white head coaches and the same with both sets of coordinators.

#freejerodmayo

I don't care if the coaching staff, the players, the scouts & the other execs are all white or all black, as long as they're winners.

If I were Bill, I'd show the team the film of Jim Marshall running the wrong way down the field for a safety.

And laugh about it. About the last play on Sunday.

Get everyone to laugh about it, because it's so silly it's funny.

Loosen up, gain perspective, then everyone can prepare and be ready to take it all out on the Bengals on Saturday.

And then the Dolphins.

And then the Bills.

The Patriots are talented enough to win all three games and be playing well going into the playoffs.

Football is the most intense, emotional sport of them all. You need to have a common purpose to play this game and win.

Sometimes you can't put it into words.

In the past, Bill's had ceremonial playbook burials, film sessions and personal visits from legends from other sports, all kinds of creative things.

Yeah, like all of us, he's older. But I personally believe Belichick's still got it in him. He's just got to reach down and find it.

I don't necessarily disagree, but Phatt Matt, Judge Joey & Corky McEnroe make your scenario Impossible all by themselves, that's how bad they are.

The defense absolutely made plays in Nevada… I think that’s a ridiculous statement, to be honest. They played a very effective game against a good offense.

Except for 4th/10... And everything else after that...

320260883_503704431588322_6616202876885070894_n.jpg

We sure miss Devante Parker he's been a good wide receiver for us can't wait to see him in the system again next year.

Only if his salary cap charge next year is in-line with his typical under-achievement this year.

The Pats can definitely win.

NE has the better defense and the secondary to match up with those Bengal WRs. The passing offense must show up because the Bengals defense wants to stop the NE run game and force the QB to beat them.

Disagree... Dugger might be ass-igned one of their WRs, that's how thin we are at CB.

God I hope that Zappe plays and moves the offense.

Your worst nightmare is Zappe winning vs the Bengals.
Check my past posts. I like Zappe and think he will be a good starter. I think we have 2 good QBs, and have said so. Many teams have none. They will both have starting opportunities somewhere in the future even if Mac is traded or cut. Zappe will get his chance, he hasn't been given enough time to know if he can start. I wish them both well and think they will succeed.

I had a hair specifically against him I kinda made him the poster boy for it all in my mind and went at him pretty hard for a solid month or two during that run. Now I get to gloat for the rest of my life lol.
I gave him some grief also but I appreciated the way he stepped up and owned his mistake.

Had to take a week off from the Pats after what happened. Will be curious to see how this whole soap opera that I've missed will turn out. Pats still control their destiny...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes