PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread Bengals @ Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were they? They had a 7-0 run against a bunch of banged up teams and bad quarterbacks. Capped off with the wind storm victory in Buffalo. They were a combined 3-8 at the beginning and ending of the season. The 3 wins were against the Jets, Texans and Jaguars who were a combined 11-41 on the season. This season they don't have a win over a team with a winning record. They're 0-4 against teams with a winning record. The Bengals are the hottest team in the league, the Dolphins will still have a winning record even if they lose their 4th straight, and the Bills are unbeatable for the Patriots at this point. That's a big lump of coal.
Exactly what I have been pointing out since last season.

Technically, the Pats did beat the Jets twice this season when they had a winning record. But even those wins were a big fraud fest. Marcus Jones ran back a punt for the lone TD in last Jets game. The Jets game prior to the bye had Wilson throw 3 INTs and the NE defense setting up Mac at the Jets 5 yard line for that lone TD.

Its like the Pats setting the baseball on the T ball stand so that Mac can make a base hit.

Being the fair person you obviously are, I noticed your mention of the OL, QB coach, plays where WRs run parallel routes, etc. Oh wait...
The OL,OC and QBC look good when the QB gets rid of the ball to the open player.

You dont mention Jones terrible pocket awareness.

sounds like Mac's situation. Offensively at least. Can't even call audibles a lot of the time because MP can't get the plays in properly.
God I hope that Zappe plays and moves the offense.

Your worst nightmare is Zappe winning vs the Bengals.

320336510_3934076313398005_5441721354040069307_n.jpg
This guy's rankings are a joke. I have trouble believing there are not several backups in this league better than Mac Jones.

Going to the game tomorrow … maybe they can surprise us and pull out a win? Wishful thinking? Lol :)

I live outside of NE now, but will be in the area for Christmas, so can’t pass up a chance to go even if we suck.

Last edited:
because people are too sensitive. I made no personal attacks, did not use profanity; I simply asked a question of a moderator, provided FACTS as I always do. apparently that moderator or another thought it was bannable....oh well, off to the gulag. some folks don't like inconvenient facts when they prove the point of someone they don't like
Yeah I thought the post was fine and provided some great examples from the past. The difference between then and now is coaching and the lack of talent. Parcells had an awesome staff by 1996 and had some insane drafts from 1993-1996. Even when the Pats had injuries in 1997 and 1998, they bounced back (most of the time) when their backs were against the wall with Carroll until the wheels fell off in 1999. And when you have #12 and veterans they had for 20 years, you could expect they'd bounce back.

But we're asking too much with this team now. The coaching staff is inferior to put it nicely in comparison to the Parcells or early Belichick days. Also, we need more draft picks to step up. Not enough impact players. For 2022, Uche and Rham are the top impact guys with Dugger and Onwenu following. That's not going to cut it. I want to see Mac and Barmore step it up next year like Uche has in his 3rd year, Jack Jones should be a full time starter and the offense badly needs something from Thornton.

Me too. He wasn't alone either. I think it was a loss against the Steelers that set them off.
I had a hair specifically against him I kinda made him the poster boy for it all in my mind and went at him pretty hard for a solid month or two during that run. Now I get to gloat for the rest of my life lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back