WR T.J. Luther
OL Kody Russey,
TE Matt Sokol,
OL Andrew Stueber,
P Corliss Waitman and
QB Bailey Zappe
WR Jalen Reagor

Last edited:
My question is what really happened to Bill Murray?

I know he went to the Bears, but why?

Is he on some sort of spy mission for us?

The squad is not the same without Bill Murray. I can't believe he gave up this gig.

The squad is not the same without Bill Murray. I can't believe he gave up this gig.
I'm curious whether they're going to try to keep the offensive lineman thing going or convert him back to defense.

I'm curious whether they're going to try to keep the offensive lineman thing going or convert him back to defense.

He played right tackle for almost the entire second half, and I didn't think he was horrible.

I'm sure he was, or the competition was weak.

I know right, what about Bob?

His family's from Chicago, and he was part of the Second City comedy troupe, so this makes sense.

I assume we picked up so many OL types that B Murray was told his time here ran out. Perkins I am not sure, but assume the same. Always stay where you are if you can. Perkins reminded me of Winovich. Great at rushing upfield, not great at run and pass rushing.

Murray was not good. BB acted like he was some sorta resurrection of Stephen Neal.

And no idea why they need Waitman on the PS. If Baringer gets hurt or something, you can always find punters on the couch to step in for a couple games. But you drafted the top Punter in the draft to be your guy for 10 years.

And they’re full, although that could change at any time.

Murray (in Chicago) and Webb (unsigned) were the two guys to practice yesterday but not be signed to the PS. They were replaced by Waitman (cut prior to practice yesterday) and Brown (was in camp with the Colts). The other 14 PS guys are as expected.

Last edited:
The Globe, in its wisdom, has 25 players either on the PS or likely headed there because they were seen on the field at practice and weren't on the 53. So something's gotta give there. 9 guys in various states of injury from the 53, in order to promote 9 from the PS, would be too many.

FIrst reactions. So many of our own guys. Lots of other guys out there who seemed more interesting than what we've got. Where is the vet QB. Where is the TE. Did the Miami rookie TE Tucker something go back to their PS? Was Kuntz really THAT bad/ Was some guy named Pharaoh really the best we could do? Ah well back to work.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back