PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread POST GAME THREAD: Week 3 - Patriots Beat the Jets 15-10

Immediate Postgame Reactions
Sad that the last really good start that led to a win by a NE QB was Zappe's game against the Browns.
Eh. He was ok I guess but not sure I’d say it “led to a win”… the Browns themselves did more to make that happen IMO. So maybe we’d have to go back further…. yikes point taken.

It’s not the Patriots, so they don’t care.
There is no such thing as running up the score in Pro football. Even the Titans staff agreed after the 59-0 shellacking they got in Foxborough.

The board during the week: “Pats own the Jets beating them 14 straight, they should win this week”.

Board after the game: “They barely beat a bad team. Whoop dee doo!”

The way this team is built, you shouldn’t expect them to blow the doors off most teams. By the way, no team should lose to a Zack Wilson led team. Amazing he threw to a guy in the flat on 4th in 10 with the game on the line.

Good win. Not concerned with the score or the stats or that we almost lost.

Bad weather against a good defense.

Didn’t need to get too crazy with it.

People will say we would’ve lost if they had rodgers but that probably would’ve adjusted our strategy on offense as well

That oline still would suck with rogers, and their WRs still wouldn't be open.....I thought the jets were 8-9 wins WITH rogers....now i see 6-7

I'm still liking what Mac is doing so far this year, doing as well as this OL will allow him. Based on a single watch of a choppy stream of this game, the one gripe I have was the single read long balls on 3rd down. But I think even that was a product of him/BOB not trusting the OL to hold up long enough to allow him to go through progressions.

I think many here confuse a WR1 with a top 3, freakish talent WR1. Very few guys would help with so little time for plays to develop. A Tyreek Hill/Jamaar Chase/Jefferson MIGHT help just because teams have to respect them so much. Any other "normal" "WR1" isn't doing much for this current O. Our own receiving corp will look a hell of a lot better as OL play improves.

It’s going to be interesting to see how their offense plays after they get through September. This is the toughest first month of a season in terms of the defenses they have played, plus Dallas, that I can remember.

It’s going to be interesting to see how their offense plays after they get through September. This is the toughest first month of a season in terms of the defenses they have played, plus Dallas, that I can remember.
Agreed, though Dallas looked much more pedestrian today against Arizona without Diggs. The two teams they manhandled were the hapless Giants and Jets. I don’t think they’re necessarily as good as they looked the first two weeks.

Unfortunately, no defensive coordinator is losing any sleep over this Pats offense. No playmakers in sight.

I don't disagree. I often say this defense is being wasted. I hope I'm wrong this year.

Through three games, defense good, offense a bottom 10 unit. beat Dallas or Buffalo in the next few weeks, then we'll talk. until then we have a team that since 2019, can only beat backup qbs, Zach Wilson (who was both Zach Wilson AND a backup today),.or win games in a hurricane. not a formula success.
completely dominate a bad team and a really historically bad quarterback...and you're literally a few inches from losing on a Hail Mary.
And a few inches from a comeback win last week maybe. Goes either way.

If Mac needs HOF players to win, even beat mediocre teams he probably isn’t the guy

I'll take someone like DeAndre Hopkins who is on the wrong side of 30, but was once a near elite WR. Watching the game, his receivers rarely get separation.

A win vs. a divisional foe, on the road in the wind and rain against a very good D. I'll take it, no style points needed. I'm fine with ugly in this situation. I want to see a nice crisp offense and a healthy D in the dome next week.

The board during the week: “Pats own the Jets beating them 14 straight, they should win this week”.

The way this team is built, you shouldn’t expect them to blow the doors off most teams. By the way, no team should lose to a Zack Wilson led team. Amazing he threw to a guy in the flat on 4th in 10 with the game on the line.
Last year we beat the Jets 22-17 and 10-3.

Idk why people are acting like this is new. They have a stacked defense and our offense doesn't have playmakers.

I was hoping he’d give us a few more turnovers. I hate to say it, but I think he’s getting better! :rofl:

I agree. Wilson is better. No idea if he will ever be any good, but he is more accurate and not throwing stupid interceptions.

Slater when asked about Belichick losing his job:

“It’s not really something that we talk about,” Slater said. “It’s kind of hard not to be aware of it now, just because of the way our society is with media. But it’s not a motivator for us. We’ve got plenty of motivation to do our job, and we take a lot of pride in it.

“No one in here is questioning what Bill’s doing. He’s our leader. He’s got a proven track record. We all have a ton of faith in him. He’s still the best coach in the history of football. So, regardless of what people say, they can’t argue that fact.”

Last edited:
Slater when asked about Belichick losing his job:

“It’s not really something that we talk about,” Slater said. “It’s kind of hard not to be aware of it now, just because of the way our society is with media. But it’s not a motivator for us. We’ve got plenty of motivation to do our job, and we take a lot of pride in it.

“No one in here is questioning what Bill’s doing. He’s our leader. He’s got a proven track record. We all have a ton of faith in him. He’s still the best coach in the history of football. So, regardless of what people say, they can’t argue that fact.”

Another losing season and it’s a conversation IMO. I can’t see him fired publicly though, when it’s time he’ll just “resign” like Tom Coughlin did or retire. Most likely retire.

I'm still liking what Mac is doing so far this year, doing as well as this OL will allow him. Based on a single watch of a choppy stream of this game, the one gripe I have was the single read long balls on 3rd down. But I think even that was a product of him/BOB not trusting the OL to hold up long enough to allow him to go through progressions.

I think many here confuse a WR1 with a top 3, freakish talent WR1. Very few guys would help with so little time for plays to develop. A Tyreek Hill/Jamaar Chase/Jefferson MIGHT help just because teams have to respect them so much. Any other "normal" "WR1" isn't doing much for this current O. Our own receiving corp will look a hell of a lot better as OL play improves.

I agree with a lot of this but it still seems like the WRs, JJSS and Douglas for example, are running the wrong routes. The passing offense does not look crisp and I blame some of it on the WRs are not executing well in a new offensive system.

The bills did

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back