PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Pats @Broncos - Mile High Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know the clinching scenario for #1 seed?

The Patriots' Magic Number for the #1 overall seed is 2. Any combination Patriots' wins and Raiders' losses that equals 2 means they clinch HF throughout. The Patriots have the bye and at least one home playoff game.

AFC Winning Magic Numbers

Were they taking cheap shots (seemed like that kind of reaction)? Or just a general swear at the donkeys thing? Camera pulled away and I didn't see.

I'll watch it again and if I see anything I will let you know.

New footage has emerged of McCourty's 4th Down PBU with Demaryius Thomas....

xLGOfz.gif

Unbelievably, a new angle of the play has appeared over-night.......

giphy.gif

No, the need the last two to fight for the number 1 seed. The clinched a bye today.

The Pats are 12-2. Oakland is 11-3. If both teams win out, the Pats get the #1 seed by virtue of the better record.. Plain and simple..

A Squirrel with a massive attitude.

I'm not sure it was Edelman. It may have been the Denver player whom Edelman juked out of his sneakers..

Man, the difference in the level of pressure now compared to earlier in the year is staggering. They've really gotten a lot out of these guys. Offensive line is also looking very solid. Brady didn't have his best game but it was against an extremely strong defense against the pass.

Earlier in the year, the Pats game plans were against running QBs. They play to contain them, not put pressure on them..

What's funny is that both of them had a huge hand in their team losing. Okung took a couple of bad penalties and was beaten bad.. He's a shell of his former self. I'm betting the Broncos were wishing they still had Clady.. As for Ward. I am so glad he's not on the Pats. It's pretty clear why the Patriots didn't attempt to sign him a couple years ago. He's a "Me First" player who play's dirty.. For those that have forgotten, Ward is the one who took out Gronk's knee a few years back..

I'm not sure it was Edelman. It may have been the Denver player whom Edelman juked out of his sneakers..
I think it was Edelman and it was hilarious!

looks like it was Edelman:

Well, he had just been gang-tackled by 2 or 3 defenders and the plural was used, so, you know...;-)

Well, he had just been gang-tackled by 2 or 3 defenders and the plural was used, so, you know...;-)

I didn't hear the "S" pronounced, in all honesty..

That sounded just like Jules.

Anyone have a picture of Belichick smiling and greeting the defense as they came off the field after the final denver offensive series?

A proud maternal moment:

My daughter just sat down to breakfast with the Globe sports section, preparing to read about last night's game. She started on an article then stopped and said, "Oh no, that's just Ben Volin!" :D

Virtually anytime the Pats stick to running the ball vs a fierce pass rush they win. It must have been killing Brady because of his competitive nature wanting to beat that defense with his arm.

Deon Lewis just missed taking it to the EZ a couple of times.

Lewis scored a TD and the officials did not see it. Blount is such a weapon at the goaline, but BB and Adams missed that one.

Floyd now! Hogan has been hit or miss. If hands of stone Bennett moves on after this season I dont care. Mitchell is a keeper, but a rookie and could really fade into the post season. I want to see Floyd!

The Pats OL is the truth. Dante is remarkable. Cannon owes him big time.

I wont be shocked to see Patricia and McDaniels gone next season to HC jobs.

I didnt see if Brady yelled at Andrews for the fumble, so that one could be on Brady.

This game was eerily similar to last year's. Our d actually played well in that one too outside of 2 touchdowns scored by Owen Daniels courtesy of Jaime Collins. Even the constant passes to James White that were ineffective gave me deja vu. The biggest difference was Dion Lewis. Lewis singlehandedly gave us balance. I'd argue that we most likely would have won it all last year if Lewis had stayed healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes