PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread Pats @Broncos - Mile High Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see a response in the game thread so I'll ask here.

Did people notice Bennett yelling at Lengel just before Brady called a Time Out?? Bennett was pointing as if Lengel was lined up on the wrong side.. Brady turned to Bennett and pointed.. And Bennett was still yapping at Lengel. After Brady called the TO, Bennett REALLY started yelling at Lengel.

Based on Brady's reaction, I thought that Lengel was lined up properly.. Anyone else?

Winning this game in Denver reminds me of when the Pats won late in Miami in 85 to break that streak..

You mean 86. The Pats lost in Miami in the late game in 85 but won it in 1986. Of course the AFCGC in 85-86 is a different game!:D

I get that. I was just wondering if because of the similar phonetics "could of" has become a commonly used phrase like "y'all" which is similarly just plain wrong grammar. But I guess it's more a sign of the decline in education than anything being just an accepted regional term.

Nah, it's just the natural evolution of language. Language isn't a set of rules, it's a set of tools for communicating. Efficiency is the order of the day in communication. Sure we lose something, but it is what it is because that's how people want it to be.

I expect the BB throat clear to be an added word in Merriam-Webster in the not-too-distant future.

Virtually anytime the Pats stick to running the ball vs a fierce pass rush they win. It must have been killing Brady because of his competitive nature wanting to beat that defense with his arm.

Deon Lewis just missed taking it to the EZ a couple of times.

Lewis scored a TD and the officials did not see it. Blount is such a weapon at the goaline, but BB and Adams missed that one.

Floyd now! Hogan has been hit or miss. If hands of stone Bennett moves on after this season I dont care. Mitchell is a keeper, but a rookie and could really fade into the post season. I want to see Floyd!

The Pats OL is the truth. Dante is remarkable. Cannon owes him big time.

I wont be shocked to see Patricia and McDaniels gone next season to HC jobs.

I didnt see if Brady yelled at Andrews for the fumble, so that one could be on Brady.

I hope your wrong on mitchell. I think that was one of the knocks on mitchell in the draft. Can he get separation consistently. I do agree on floyd. I hope he can give us something.

I hope your wrong on mitchell. I think that was one of the knocks on mitchell in the draft. Can he get separation consistently. I do agree on floyd. I hope he can give us something.

I meant in terms of the number of games played in one season.

The Georgia schedule isnt as long as the NFL schedule. Sometimes rookies hit a wall in their first season.

Virtually anytime the Pats stick to running the ball vs a fierce pass rush they win. It must have been killing Brady because of his competitive nature wanting to beat that defense with his arm.

Deon Lewis just missed taking it to the EZ a couple of times.

Lewis scored a TD and the officials did not see it. Blount is such a weapon at the goaline, but BB and Adams missed that one.

Floyd now! Hogan has been hit or miss. If hands of stone Bennett moves on after this season I dont care. Mitchell is a keeper, but a rookie and could really fade into the post season. I want to see Floyd!

The Pats OL is the truth. Dante is remarkable. Cannon owes him big time.

I wont be shocked to see Patricia and McDaniels gone next season to HC jobs.

I didnt see if Brady yelled at Andrews for the fumble, so that one could be on Brady.
Or maybe BB quietly believes the NFL is corrupt and figured they would pull out camera angles.

You mean 86. The Pats lost in Miami in the late game in 85 but won it in 1986. Of course the AFCGC in 85-86 is a different game!:D

No. I meant the play-off game.. I remember everyone saying how the Pats had lost some ridiculous number of games down in the Orange Bowl..

No. I meant the play-off game.. I remember everyone saying how the Pats had lost some ridiculous number of games down in the Orange Bowl..

That game was still one of my favorites and I still watch it once a month. Everyone, and I mean everyone was looking forward to the Miami-Chicago rematch. The Pats had lost 16th straight and never win in Miami. The regular season game in Miami was close and the Pats had a chance in the end but Eason threw a pick if I remember correctly. The regular season Miami game in 86 was a classic as well.

As a side note, think about how happy we were in the 80's with two back to back 11 win seasons. 11 wins was a tremendous season. Boy are we spoiled now.

Sanders is saltier than a Wendy's in the ghetto.

This game was eerily similar to last year's. Our d actually played well in that one too outside of 2 touchdowns scored by Owen Daniels courtesy of Jaime Collins. Even the constant passes to James White that were ineffective gave me deja vu. The biggest difference was Dion Lewis. Lewis singlehandedly gave us balance. I'd argue that we most likely would have won it all last year if Lewis had stayed healthy.
I think siemian vs manning is also a difference. Manning didnt have anything left in his arm but he knew how to set the plays and call runs. I dont think our defense was worried about siemian

Trade?

The game threads were calling for him to get cut.
Yesterday's thread was unbelievable .It started in the 2nd drive with a call to bench brady for jimmy g. Then a regret of not keeping talib. Then calling out mitchell as the next coming of jerry rice. it just went on and on.

Yesterday's thread was unbelievable .It started in the 2nd drive with a call to bench brady for jimmy g. Then a regret of not keeping talib. Then calling out mitchell as the next coming of jerry rice. it just went on and on.

I bailed on it and went to the chat. Much better.

The Pats are 12-2. Oakland is 11-3. If both teams win out, the Pats get the #1 seed by virtue of the better record.. Plain and simple..
WHy do you keep telling me something I've already indicated I'm well aware of. That was written in response to someone saying they need to win the last two to get a first round bye.

WHy do you keep telling me something I've already indicated I'm well aware of. That was written in response to someone saying they need to win the last two to get a first round bye.
What the hell is there to disagree with? If they win the next two, the get the first seed. If they win only one of the next two, and Oakland wins out, Oakland gets the first seed? What is there to disagree with?

That's the first instance I've responded to you so clearly you don't know what you are talking about. SMH..

What the hell is there to disagree with? If they win the next two, the get the first seed. If they win only one of the next two, and Oakland wins out, Oakland gets the first seed? What is there to disagree with?

You're claim that I'd already told you things you knew about. But yeah. Keep it up. Prove how smaht you ah.

I didn't see a response in the game thread so I'll ask here.

Did people notice Bennett yelling at Lengel just before Brady called a Time Out?? Bennett was pointing as if Lengel was lined up on the wrong side.. Brady turned to Bennett and pointed.. And Bennett was still yapping at Lengel. After Brady called the TO, Bennett REALLY started yelling at Lengel.

Based on Brady's reaction, I thought that Lengel was lined up properly.. Anyone else?
I didn't notice.....when was it? I want to check it out when I rewatch the game.

The Reversal
-----------------------------------------
Game 1
Winner
QB: 17/32/176 0 int
RBs: 30/99

Loser
QB: 27/56/310 2 int
RBs: 17/44
------------------------------------------
Game 2
Winner
QB: 16/32/188 0 int
RBs: 39/136

Loser
QB: 25/40/282 1 int
RBs: 17/58
-----------------------------------------

Last year on a cold January day we went into Denver and lost to a noodle armed QB who put up pedestrian numbers but didn't turn the ball over had the support of a better rushing game and a defense that shut down the run and played pass the entire game. Lombardi commented that the Patriots did not want to go in there again so one dimensional that the defense could play pass the entire game.

One year later the Pats go into Denver and Brady puts up numbers remarkably similar to Manning's, but this time he has a running game and a defense that shut down the run and focuses on pass, and the Pats walk away with a double digit victory.

Some folks who gave Manning little credit for last year's game, are now lauding Brady for "good game management," but it is really the same story. While there is always context one can add to the numbers, you can hold a mirror up to those numbers and the central difference between last year and this year was the reversal of the rushing games. Kudos to the OL, Dion, BB, Josh, and especially Scar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back