PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you get a chance , twitter bomb that idiot Nick Wright...he's blabbing on FS1 right now like he KNEW the Pats were going to win when he picked the Chargers on Friday and claimed the Pats had no chance. This birdfaced bird brain has to be humiliated once and for all. Utter scumbag LIAR

Maybe Gronk should ask for LT money .. id guess that would keep him off “retirement thoughts“..

This guy is just so unselfish. The only thing that shows up in his stat line is one catch for 25 yards, yet he was blocking all day long and enjoying all that dirty work.

That is very rare- for a superstar to be content with just an one catch day.

Re: all the cliff talk - apparently those geniuses have conveniently forgotten that Tom has not only already gone off the cliff, but made it his b**** a long time ago

That still gives me cold chills.

But we just whooped a great defense, two words which arent even uttered in the same breath as KC
Don’t think you can in any way call a defense “great” that has to play 7 DBs due to LB injuries and crap LB depth, that plays a cover 3 zone defense with no blitzing, and that can’t or won’t adjust any of that when it’s clearly not working.

Watching the Ravens Chargers last week, I was stunned how the Ravens acted. They would set their defense and allow Rivers to review it and act against it. I said there was no way the Pats would do that. The Pats would disguise the defense and not allow Rivers enough time to react. Sure enough look at the game film. The Pats would flood the line of scrimmage before showing the real defense whether it was man, cover 0 , or cover 2 and he had no idea who was rushing .. The result was a confused Rivers who got called for a few delay of game penalties...

The Ringer NFL podcast had an interesting factoid. The Patriots' play selection steered straight into tendencies. When White was on the field, it was like 95% pass. When Michel was on the field, it was like 80% run. When Michel and Develin on the field, it was 90% run. Those aren't the exact numbers, but it was something like that.

They basically declared what they were going to do to the Chargers, and the Chargers couldn't stop them. White had 38 snaps and 17 targets.

The Ringer NFL podcast had an interesting factoid. The Patriots' play selection steered straight into tendencies. When White was on the field, it was like 95% pass. When Michel was on the field, it was like 80% run. When Michel and Develin on the field, it was 90% run. Those aren't the exact numbers, but it was something like that.

They basically declared what they were going to do to the Chargers, and the Chargers couldn't stop them. White had 38 snaps and 17 targets.
Yep.

We'll need to do a little studying to tell us which packages they were in but here are the Chiefs snap counts from Saturday.

Chiefs vs. Colts: Making sense of snap counts

You can do that when you have one of the best OLs, TEs and WRs in the NFL and they all play to form.

This guy is just so unselfish. The only thing that shows up in his stat line is one catch for 25 yards, yet he was blocking all day long and enjoying all that dirty work.

I think Gronk said one time he prefers blocking over receiving I believe.. not sure.

Much like most others, I didn’t care to see Roberts as anything more than a depth option at the beginning of the season, but he’s won me over with his notable progress as the season has gone on. I think the team is doing a better job of bringing his strengths out and helping to mask his weaknesses.

I see him as situational player. He's a great situational weapon to have but its hard to just pick those situations in the flow of the game and there are not too many anyway anymore (except in January!). As a backup he is still too much of a liability in space. This year High and KVN are healthy so they don't need to put him in unfavourable situations like they did/had to last year.

They also forced him a bit (imo) to see if they can expand his role (including ST) but for the most part it didn't work. The problem for his future (not only here but NFL) is that it is hard to keep such situational player on the team if he can't play STs. His problems in space unfortunately translate also to weak ST play. BB had to bring two extra ST only LBs just to solidify the unit after Bentley was injured bc Roberts couldn't step up there. They obviously love him very much and try to find ways to keep him around but with Bentley (and Sam and possibly others this yr) it will be harder to justify. NE now has 6 LBs on the roster (not counting Simon) but on D they trust only 2 (although McClellan showed glimpses of possible “star“ option and Humber has quite solid experience to be a solid back up.)

I really love the boy, he is as passionate about playing football as I have ever seen, but im afraid it might be hard for him to get the next contract..

if you get a chance , twitter bomb that idiot Nick Wright...he's blabbing on FS1 right now like he KNEW the Pats were going to win when he picked the Chargers on Friday and claimed the Pats had no chance. This birdfaced bird brain has to be humiliated once and for all. Utter scumbag LIAR
That's helping Nick Wright stay in business. If you really want to harm him, don't listen or watch his shows and encourage others to do the same. That's how you break them.

He does this every single game. Up until recently he's played pretty much every snap every game when he's healthy most of his career. About freaking time he got proper recognition for this. That being said, it was against smaller personnel. Let's see how he does against a little bigger personnel to see if Gronk looks better than he looked in week 17 against the rats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down