PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Chargers

Status
Not open for further replies.
@QuantumMechanic - Saw that you disagreed with @BradytoMosstoGronk about the flag on Flowers for Roughing the Passer. Unfortunately, you're wrong. Flowers hit Rivers ABOVE the knees. The replay showed it clear as day.

I just wanted to add this:

Lost in the joy over Brady/Edelman/White is the fact that Dorsett had 4 catches on 5 targets, and had that big TD catch.

I like Dorsett, he’s played well when called upon. I would love to see him back with the team next year. He’s made some good catches and seems to have improved his route running ability

So. I'm a hockey player who is an avid Football / Pats Fan. Everyone has their routine for game days. Today, I changed mine up. I had gotten a new TB Jersey this year via Ebay (F.U. NFL) and had been wearing the TB12 shirt that the Pro-Shop sent me for being a Patsfan Lifer. Well, I ditched that today and went back to the "Do Your Job" shirt. And I loved the results from today's game.

I know. I know. .It had nothing to do with it.. But, I'm a hockey player. I'm superstitious and I believe in Karma.

How about Jules today. Getting that first down on the second drive when he looked to be stopped 4 yards short set the tone. Sent the message the Pats were not going to be denied. Several great catches and now #2 alltime in playoff receptions.

He only needs, what, 4 more games to pass Jerry Rice... ;);););)

So great to see us run and ball and pass it. The chargers could not stop either!

Thuney, brown and gronkowski moved their side of the line of scrimmage all day!

Great win!
Brown had a good game.

OL & Gronk dominated. I can't wait to watch them when the tape comes out. This was one of Gronks best games blocking in a long time.

Gronk seemed 100% out there and it was clear they weren't going to go to him in the passing game unless they needed to. And the one reception was AWESOME.. So many Yards after contact..

Have a feeling Gronk has been saving himself for these two upcoming games... his probable final two games and he knows it. He’s going to be a beast. They didn’t use him in the passing game today because there was no need

I like Dorsett, he’s played well when called upon. I would love to see him back with the team next year. He’s made some good catches and seems to have improved his route running ability

he seems to be the only receiver we have with some wiggle and speed. I hope he can break through for a few big gains the next game(s).

Have a feeling Gronk has been saving himself for these two upcoming games... his probable final two games and he knows it. He’s going to be a beast. They didn’t use him in the passing game today because there was no need

Most of those big runs were off Gronks blocks. He stuck with the game plan and didn't get annoyed with a lack of targets. I will always respect him for that.

Most of those big runs were off Gronks blocks. He stuck with the game plan and didn't get annoyed with a lack of targets. I will always respect him for that.
He doesn’t have much left, but I think we see old Gronk in the passing game these next 2 games. His final push

I tried to watch him a few times on the run blocking and he was moving people all over the place.

I tried to watch him a few times on the run blocking and he was moving people all over the place.
Oh yeah for sure. Blocked amazingly today. But I think we’ll see passing game Gronk soon. He knows any game could be his last

Gronk abused bosa on those run plays. His demise is greatly overrated just like the Pats demise

How about Jules today. Getting that first down on the second drive when he looked to be stopped 4 yards short set the tone. Sent the message the Pats were not going to be denied. Several great catches and now #2 alltime in playoff receptions.
When I saw that play, and both Jules' reaction and the Chargers' reaction to it, it instantly reminded me of Tedy Bruschi stripping Edgerrin James in the 2004 Divisional. I knew right then that the Patriots wanted this more and knew what it took to actually win it.

I was waiting for Edelman to interrupt Brady's TV interview after the game and say, "We play! That's what we do. We don't talk. We play. You come to Foxborough, it's gonna be snowing. It's gonna be cold. C'mon in here! You wanna say all you want? You wanna change the rules? Change 'em! We still play. And we win. That's what we do."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore