PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats beat the Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michel is a different type of player than Burkhead. I am not sure it is fair to compare them. Rex is somewhere between a classic RB, the change of pace 3rd down back and even a slot receiver. He can make the offense more difficult to read and anticipate on paper.

Michel will only get better as the main RB. Especially because he still has the LGB problem of not being trusted in pass-pro to the point where him being on the field is often giving away a run. The difference to Blount is that he has the potential to get there while Blount just could not process it according to Lombardi.

Whenever players are competing for snaps at the same position, direct comparison is completely relevant. I’ll take Michel, thanks.

Brady handed off the ball well. Lowest passing yardage (126) in a long time for Brady.

Interesting that Burkhead is on the "Down" list. He had 79 combined yards from scrimmage on 17 touches. On his fumble he got speared in the back by the crown of Tre'Davious White's helmet. Apparently, lowering the head to initiate contact isn't flag-worthy anymore.

Nobody on the Bills, aside from Allen, had more than 67 yards from scrimmage.

Fantastic win + Texans loss.

Anyway, I feel kinda sad looking at Brady's stats today. Not because I'm saying he's 100% done (though I do think he is starting to regress), but because I've watched this man since I was a kid. He's been the one player who I could always rely on clutching a game when the going got tough. He's definitely my favorite player.

Question for older fans: How do you emotionally move on from a player? I will be a fan of this team post Brady, but its going to feel different the season after Brady retires.
Dont know, never had anyone like Brady before, itll be tough for all of us

First, let me say that if we can't compare a RB to another RB, we might as well never do this type of thing again...

I mean would you compare Wes Welker to Julio Jones ? Both are WR. Or Dwayne Allen to Gronk ? Both TE.

I think especially with Michel you want to have some kind of rotation to not overwork him because a) he doesn't yet have a real season of NFL conditioning in him and might hit "the wall" and b) he has an injury history.

I think Rex is a decent #2, but I can't see him being a #1 RB in any team. He is clearly a Jack-Of-All-Trades, King-in-none kinda of guy. While he gets a lot value in our team (and I am not dismissing it), he is simply not valuable in absolute

You get no discussion here. Rex is definitely not a #1 back and Michel should become one.

Interesting that Burkhead is on the "Down" list. He had 79 combined yards from scrimmage on 17 touches. On his fumble he got speared in the back by the crown of Tre'Davious White's helmet. Apparently, lowering the head to initiate contact isn't flag-worthy anymore.

Nobody on the Bills, aside from Allen, had more than 67 yards from scrimmage.

Looks like everyone who was involved in any turnover got the down from Reiss.

I mean would you compare Wes Welker to Julio Jones ? Both are WR. Or Dwayne Allen to Gronk ? Both TE.

I think especially with Michel you want to have some kind of rotation to not overwork him because a) he doesn't yet have a real season of NFL conditioning in him and might hit "the wall" and b) he has an injury history.
I mean... I would compare those players yes... lol.

The reason they have diferent roles is because they have diferent skillsets, which translate differently to the gameplan and field... But their production is attached to the position, so we absolutely can compare players who are different, but "dispute" playing time.

That's how i see it, at least

Fantastic win + Texans loss.

Anyway, I feel kinda sad looking at Brady's stats today. Not because I'm saying he's 100% done (though I do think he is starting to regress), but because I've watched this man since I was a kid. He's been the one player who I could always rely on clutching a game when the going got tough. He's definitely my favorite player.

Question for older fans: How do you emotionally move on from a player? I will be a fan of this team post Brady, but its going to feel different the season after Brady retires.

Always root for the team before a player.

We need to find more of a passing game next week and in the playoffs. Hogan and Dorsett need to be more involved.

Call me crazy, but maybe Hogan and Dorsett not getting much action today is potentially on purpose to have less film for opponents to review? And I still think this after Hogan being mad on the sidelines and Patterson was hurt.

That aside, I hope that even the most negative of nancy's on here can step back from the ledge and appreciate the position the team is at the moment...that would truly be...Christmas miracle!

matt-damon-snl-cheers-saturday-night-live.gif

Call me crazy, but maybe Hogan and Dorsett not getting much action today is potentially on purpose to have less film for opponents to review? And I still think this after Hogan being mad on the sidelines and Patterson was hurt.

That aside, I hope that even the most negative of nancy's on here can step back from the ledge and appreciate the position the team is at the moment...that would truly be...Christmas miracle!

matt-damon-snl-cheers-saturday-night-live.gif
It's incredible we control the 2 seed.
Thank you Philly now that that is over Eff you Philly.
Hope Dallas Wins.

We need to find more of a passing game next week and in the playoffs. Hogan and Dorsett need to be more involved.
Well....someone who plays the role of WR needs to be more involved, considering the fact that Edelman was our only real option today.

I suppose that Patterson had a 3 yard reception, too.

Pats will need to minimize Brady's impact going forward...hold teams under 20 and rush for 150+....sad the door is closing oN Brady this wat

Whenever players are competing for snaps at the same position, direct comparison is completely relevant. I’ll take Michel, thanks.

I would too, but I wouldn’t complete eliminate Rex from the offense. Line him up in the slot

- Darnold looked impressive today. I think we gotta score more points next week somehow. We aren't locked in the #2 seed yet. Gonna be a dog fight next week vs. the Jets.

- The Jaguars could still beat the Texans though. Houston apparently lost Demaryius Thomas for the year. Jalen Ramsey vs. Hopkins and the Jags can contain Watson while getting gashed by the rushing offense. But can Bortles or Kessler put points on the board?

- Hope Patterson is OK and ready for the playoffs.

- We really need to script some plays for Gronk to get him going....

- More Dorsett, IMO.

- The runners looked good today vs. a stout run D.

- Ordering my AFC East locker room cap now......

here 23,20 i can go to sleep quite happy finally :)

Gronk is maybe 45%?
Hogan...dump him this offseason please

We need to overhaul the WR position.

I didn't want to keep Cooks at the time..but looking back..I wish we did

But #2 seed and get Brady's knee rest if they TCB next week

Well that is less than ideal.

For anyone who is unable to see the Tweets like I am sometimes. It says that CP struggles getting dressed and has a big wrap on his knee.

Thank you for the subtitles. I've started doing that on all the Tweets I post. I can't see any at all without refreshing at least once.

Ground game looked formidable against a good run D, run defense looked better, but they still need to get stuff sorted out in the passing game and time will tell if the good run D was a product of what we did or of McCoy being injured. In short, the team still looks shaky. Better than they have, but still shaky. I still don’t think they have enough although I’d love to be wrong and look like a total moronic assh0le.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft